Game Day: Kings (0-0) @ Suns (0-0), Wed 10/26/16

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Game Day: Kings (0-0) @ Suns (0-0), Wed 10/26/16

Post by Mori Chu »

Well, at least we lost to a title contender.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

General observation: Our starters did well vs. their starters. When substitutions began, it went off the rails. Their second unit was cohesive and was geared for running. Suns first wave of bench players either took their time to find their rhythm, or were just clueless. Tucker, Knight and Barbosa together in the later stage of first quarter were awful. Second half was even, though.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:Time for me to catch up on a few of my favorite series on Netflix.
I sure hope you didn't miss the end of the 3rd and half way into the 4th. That was fun. That was the future.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:It's going to be a long season.

Also, I do not like Brandon Knight.
He sure had a lousy game tonight.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

sunshoopjunky wrote:YES!!!!!!
Al get in before he dies!!!!!!
That was great to see. Somebody here even mentioned it should happen soon while he's still with us. 45 years. Wow!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Bender gets a DNP when we're down 20 all game?
Nope. He was a bright spot tonight.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:This game isn't nearly as fun as I have been hoping it would be.
I hope you stuck with it. This team is going to be inconsistent but they showed flashes.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:ULIS AND BENDER AND CHRISS
That was such a fun sequence when they were all out there. The future is bright. Those are the moments we're going to have to hang our hat on this season. Didn't we all agree we want one more high lottery pick?
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
I hope you stuck with it. This team is going to be inconsistent but they showed flashes.
I was up til 1AM watching the entire thing. There were about 5 good minutes of seeing our new guys do well. Other than that, it was very disappointing. It is just one game, but I would be very happy to dump Knight, PJ, and Bledsoe.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Are we finally seeing the real Knight?

Is Watson showing any coaching acumen or savvy?

Agree that Dudley should be starting as a PF. He's too small and too slow at this point. He's a bench player, at best. Start Chriss or Bender and let them go through their growing pains.

Bledsoe's not a running PG. It's that sumple. If we want to run, move him and Knight and get Ulis out there. Dump games, but at least we'll be fun to watch.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I was up til 1AM watching the entire thing. There were about 5 good minutes of seeing our new guys do well. Other than that, it was very disappointing. It is just one game, but I would be very happy to dump Knight, PJ, and Bledsoe.
Yep. I'm okay with losing like this if the young guys are getting playing time, but I don't want to do another season of this crap with Bledsoe, Knight, and PJ playing significant minutes.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Loved TJ's defense - surprised he isn't getting more love.

Our starters looked terrible on offense. No movement, lots of waiting around, wondering what to do. Booker played awful.

Thought Len started to look better with Ulis on the floor. Along with everything else. 2015 called, it wants to trade two veteran point guards at once. Houston, Orlando and Milwaukee are on the phone.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

People may not want to hear this, but this might be exactly the type of year the suns need. The whole key will be the FO staying patient and embracing this rebuild.

The way things went tonight, I cannot see us winning more then a handful of games before the trading deadline, so the FO can't talk themselves into a "playoff push". The bright spots were encouraging. If you gave me the option of a close lose or a close win with Bledsoe,Chandler, and Knight carrying the load vs a game where we lose by double digits but Chriss, Bender, Ulis got meaningful minutes and showed they belonged then I'd take the later. Booker didn't play well in his role which was a downer, but he's going to have game like this in his new role as "the man". I'm embracing the tank this year, because this is the yr to do it with vets on there way out and rooks who need time.

This year needs to go like this....
Suns show steady improvement on the court...but not nessceraily in the win column save a few shockers here and there.
The deal Chandler/Knight/Bledsoe/PJ some combo of that at the deadline and get back assets.
2nd half of the year The Benders/Chriss's start playing into the 20+ mins on a nightly basis. We eventually land a top 5 pick.

It's not fun to watch a team lose, but I think ultimately its for the good of the team if it were to play out this way...
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I gave up in the 4th and went and watched an episode of Star Trek: TNG with the wife. I just want to see the young kids play. I hate almost all of our veterans. I like Bledsoe a bit more than most, but I don't think he will ever be part of a contending Suns team, so I'd be okay with moving him while he has value. I hate Knight. Tucker seems like he is past his expiration date. I like Chandler and would be fine with keeping him around as a veteran. I like Dudley a lot, more than some here, but he seems like a bench glue guy who is starting out of necessity/desperation.

I wish they'd just move to the next phase of the rebuild and run lineups that were something like:

Starters: Ulis-Booker-Warren-Chriss-Chandler
Bench: Jenkins-Barbosa-Dudley-Bender-Len

That team would win 18 games but I'd enjoy it way more.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

P.S. If we ever run a Bender-Len frontcourt, we have to call it "The Blender."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I still kind of hate Earl Watson, but at least he's saying the right thing here about playing the young guys more.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /92820030/

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I still kind of hate Earl Watson...
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

While the rookies were making that run, it occurred to me that by the time these guys enter their prime, Bledsoe will be on the far side of his. He has eight years on Bender.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I am perfectly OK with us struggling this year. I think we still need more talent and our young guys need more time. I'd love to move Chandler and Tucker to ensure bender and Chriss get their minutes. We'd also get a clearer picture of what we have with Len.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:P.S. If we ever run a Bender-Len frontcourt, we have to call it "The Blender."
How much of your internal memory and processing power is running that pun subroutine of yours?