NBA Trade Rumors: Spurs LaMarcus Aldridge heading to the Phoenix Suns for Marquese Chriss

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

NBA Trade Rumors: Spurs LaMarcus Aldridge heading to the Phoenix Suns for Marquese Chriss

Post by Indy »

http://www.hngn.com/articles/213805/201 ... rquese.htm

I really hope that is not true. And honestly, even the end where they say BK for LMA, I am not a fan because something else will have to go their way too.

O_Gardino

Re: NBA Trade Rumors: Spurs LaMarcus Aldridge heading to the Phoenix Suns for Marquese Chriss

Post by O_Gardino »

It would be a typical Suns move. Draft some promising talent at one position, and then immediately bring in an allstar to take all the minutes.

I don't know why I hate that trade so much. I certainly didn't like picking Chriss, and if you told me then that we could get Aldridge for #13 and a couple of late picks, I would have been thrilled.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Re: NBA Trade Rumors: Spurs LaMarcus Aldridge heading to the Phoenix Suns for Marquese Chriss

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:It would be a typical Suns move. Draft some promising talent at one position, and then immediately bring in an allstar to take all the minutes.

I don't know why I hate that trade so much. I certainly didn't like picking Chriss, and if you told me then that we could get Aldridge for #13 and a couple of late picks, I would have been thrilled.
Ha. That is all so true. Although, I am not a huge Aldridge fan. I don't think he is a guy you build around, but could be a key piece on a great team. I just don't think our windows overlap.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Include Brandon Knight and you got a deal!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:It would be a typical Suns move. Draft some promising talent at one position, and then immediately bring in an allstar to take all the minutes.

Ha. That is all so true. Although, I am not a huge Aldridge fan. I don't think he is a guy you build around, but could be a key piece on a great team. I just don't think our windows overlap.
Yep, so funny how perceptions change. I'd rather just roll with Chriss now too. Totally agree about the lack of window overlap. However, sounds like something Sarver would do.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:Include Brandon Knight and you got a deal!
Include? As in, Chriss and Knight?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

When you dig into the first link that is referencing the trade in the parent article, you find the information is based on another article from Inquisitr (http://www.inquisitr.com/3641904/nba-tr ... -to-spurs/). When you read that link, it contains a link that it got its story from and states the following:
A Fansided report about Aldridge speculates that maybe the Phoenix Suns would make a good home for the 31-year-old All-Star. In exchange for the big man, it’s suggested that Phoenix gives up their No. 8 draft pick, Marquese Chriss, and maybe a draft pick. Another possible deal involves sending guard Brandon Knight to San Antonio for Aldridge.
That information come from http://fansided.com/2016/10/19/nba-trad ... ldridge/2/

I love how these sites create headlines off of speculation from a 3rd link down the line. I wouldn't read anything at all into this rumor.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I hope you're right, AIG.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just don't think this is likely. Spurs are a contender this year, and they like Aldridge. Winning cures everything, and when the Spurs are at #1-2 in the West all year, I think LMA will realize he'd rather have that than be on a lotto team like the Suns.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I just don't think this is likely. Spurs are a contender this year, and they like Aldridge. Winning cures everything, and when the Spurs are at #1-2 in the West all year, I think LMA will realize he'd rather have that than be on a lotto team like the Suns.
I don't think it would be his choice. It would be just like the Spurs to steal Chriss from us and outplay Sarver. Similar to how they infused Leonard into their system.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:I hope you're right, AIG.
In this case, I KNOW I'm right. Just look at the 3rd article headline that the other 2 articles are based off and reference in their articles.

'NBA Trade Rumors: 5 potential destinations for LaMarcus Aldridge'

It's literally a list of 5 potential destinations for LaMarcus Aldridge from Fansided.com, a website with articles written by fans of various teams. :)
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

OK, I feel better. Thanks AIG! Plus, who ever heard of HNGN? And wouldn't Woj be the first to tweet about it?
But it looks like the Spurs is not waiting for him to perform well and likely be traded this season.
And how about the bad grammar in the article? "the Spurs is"? How about "the Spurs are"? "and likely be traded" should be "and he is likely to be traded". Is English even their first language?

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:OK, I feel better. Thanks AIG! Plus, who ever heard of HNGN? And wouldn't Woj be the first to tweet about it?
I agree that it isn't likely based on the source. It is still scary to think about. Thanks for digging into the sources SpiveyIsGod.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:OK, I feel better. Thanks AIG! Plus, who ever heard of HNGN? And wouldn't Woj be the first to tweet about it?
I agree that it isn't likely based on the source. It is still scary to think about. Thanks for digging into the sources SpiveyIsGod.
SpiveyIsGod. Wow. That dates me (2001). 15 years we've known each other, nearly half of my life. That's just insane to think about when I was a 16 year old kid talking Suns with you guys online.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

My response was tongue in cheek. These are click bait headlines to BS websites. More and more of these sites are popping up with idiots just speculating or connecting the dots, and then somehow it makes the rounds on social as legit rumors. Basically:

LMA met with the Suns in 2015 as a FA, had them high on his list but signed with the Spurs, now is unhappy with the Spurs, so of course he's getting traded to the Suns.

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Indy wrote:
SpiveyIsGod. Wow. That dates me (2001). 15 years we've known each other, nearly half of my life. That's just insane to think about when I was a 16 year old kid talking Suns with you guys online.
I always read your posts with that name, just like I read Laz's posts with "Dusty Chap" as the moniker. I first started reading the old site in 2000 I think, and didn't officially get registered and start posting until 2001.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I do the same Indy. Still can't believe I've only met JJSlim and MEE from here. We'll have to get together someday. Tough now that a few of us are no longer in AZ.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Chriss isn't even eligible to be traded for a couple of months or so.

sunshoopjunky

Post by sunshoopjunky »

LaMarcus would do great with a team structured like the Wizards. But if he is not Happy with the Spurs he would not be happy with the Wizards either.
Phoenix Suns - The art of taking a punch.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

After last night's game, this rumor makes absolutely no sense. Aldridge was dominant against the GSW.

I not only remember the SpiveyisGod handle, I remember the actual Spivey's great, but short run with the Diamondbacks.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?