Game Day: Warriors (1-1) @ Suns (0-2), Sun 10/30/16

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: Game Day: Warriors (1-1) @ Suns (0-2), Sun 10/30/16

Post by Cap »

Beldsoe! LOL! I think I'll be calling him that for a while. Just long enough for spellcheck to get used to it and give me a hard time about switching back.

Actually, donate that jersey to a good cause. It'll probably be worth a lot of money.

carey

Post by carey »

At first I laughed, then I realized that our reputation as a team right now is so low that this in no way helps.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:At first I laughed, then I realized that our reputation as a team right now is so low that this in no way helps.
Oh man, so true.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

How nobody could run to the giftshop and get a correct spelled jersey to the guy?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I think I read somewhere that a proper jersey was brought to him during the first quarter and he swapped into it.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Isn't Beldsoe a Lord of the Rings character?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mr. Beldsoe? ...

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

The Bobster wrote:And Devon Booker has a long way to go before he's "the face of the franchise".

You have to come ready to play every night and he needs to find ways to be a contributor when his shot isn't falling.
He was doing just that the last two games. He just has to get the consistency.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

The Bobster wrote:T.J. Warren through the first 3 games - 23.3 points, 51.8 FG%, 33.3% 3P%, 91.7 FT%, 6.7 rebounds, 1.0 assists
He's become the scorer we hoped he would be, and his rebounding and defense are better than we expected.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

LazarusLong wrote:There was mention that one of Booker's big toes was bothering him. All things being equal, he needs to get his midrange game going and also attack the basket more, then worry about the treys.

Overall, Golden State won at the free throw line, 28-33, to 18-25 for the Suns. More people need to take it to the rim, especially the guards --- Booker, Knight.
That's where OKC won, too. I like that we are working on defense, and hope that we will get smarter about it as the season goes on.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Shabazz wrote:This team has passed PJ Tucker by. With Dudley here, Warren needing big minutes at the 3 and Bender needing time to develop, there's no room for Tucker.

I actually liked Bender's effort and D on Durant. He's one of the few guys in the league with both the length and foot-speed to cover him. Need to get him more minutes.
I really liked Bender on Durant. Really really liked it. Would have liked to see Bender in the game more, just to get that experience, since the matchup seemed to work for him.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:You get the sense that if everybody were playing to their potential, this would be a pretty decent team.
I'm kind of afraid that McD is thinking the same thing.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

OE32 wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:You get the sense that if everybody were playing to their potential, this would be a pretty decent team.
I think there's a pretty good chance we'd be 2-1 had Knight sprained his ankle in preseason.
THIS

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:It's not about the name on the back of the jersey. It's all about the name on the front.
PXH SNUS

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

They bought it from Risky..Everybody Hates Chris!!!!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

O_Gardino wrote:
I'm kind of afraid that McD is thinking the same thing.
I don't mean decent in the way they mean it, like "should contend for the playoffs." I just mean competitive, in a lot of games near the end, with a lot of promise. We still have a few years of rebuilding ahead of us.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They probably aren't making the playoffs. This year its all about development IMO. We don't really expect much from them this year. Taking OKC to overtime and keeping up with GS for most the game is pretty impressive for this team IMO. Losing only gives us more ping pong balls and we could use another good draft pick. One could say the plan is working perfectly.

Let's make next year the year we start caring about Ws.

carey

Post by carey »

Nodack wrote:They probably aren't making the playoffs. This year its all about development IMO. We don't really expect much from them this year. Taking OKC to overtime and keeping up with GS for most the game is pretty impressive for this team IMO. Losing only gives us more ping pong balls and we could use another good draft pick. One could say the plan is working perfectly.

I'm with you, but it sucks thinking about another entire year of losing. I fear it will cost McDonough his job even though he's drafted well. It's just the Knight trade wound up being so bad that it's casting a long shadow over the rest of his work. Also, if we're going to rack up the Ls then I'd rather see Bender and Chriss playing big minutes.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

carey wrote:
Nodack wrote:They probably aren't making the playoffs. This year its all about development IMO. We don't really expect much from them this year. Taking OKC to overtime and keeping up with GS for most the game is pretty impressive for this team IMO. Losing only gives us more ping pong balls and we could use another good draft pick. One could say the plan is working perfectly.

I'm with you, but it sucks thinking about another entire year of losing. I fear it will cost McDonough his job even though he's drafted well. It's just the Knight trade wound up being so bad that it's casting a long shadow over the rest of his work. Also, if we're going to rack up the Ls then I'd rather see Bender and Chriss playing big minutes.
It's hard to know exactly how and why that day went down as it did. He may not be on the hook as much for it as it would seem from the outside.

I sincerely hope that no matter what happens in terms of wins and losses this season, Ryan keeps his seat. Love the direction of the franchise and the effort and tenacity I see on the court.