Game Day: Suns (0-3) @ Clippers (2-0), Mon 10/31/16

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
djy2j

Re: Game Day: Suns (0-3) @ Clippers (2-0), Mon 10/31/16

Post by djy2j »

For those not watching. Here are some 3rd quarter highlights

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/uFDs8zp
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

They were competitive for one quarter and that was about it tonight.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Psst, hey Danny, Sean, Phil, Bryan, Masai, John, David, Stan, Larry, John, Bud, Rich, Pat, Rob, Ernie, Tim, Tom, Sam, Neil, Dennis, Bob, Doc, Mitch, Vlade, Donnie, Daryl, Chris, Del and RC, you see Brandon Knight tonight? 18 points. That's right.18. And ONE HUNDRED PERCENT from the free throw line. Just sayin.

carey

Post by carey »

I didn't watch. They sat Booker because of his toe? Anything positive at all tonight?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:I didn't watch. They sat Booker because of his toe? Anything positive at all tonight?
One step closer to a 25% chance at 1st overall.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Barbosa found his rhythm tonight. He looked very good. Bender Chris and Ulis again looking better than I expected any of them to be. Warren continued to look like a real player for us.

Dudley and Chriss with early foul trouble, so we got to see lots of Tucker. Len was Len, with a very decent stretch and some terrible plays as well.

This is about what I expect from us this season. Good flashes while we lose to contenders.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

sunshoopjunky wrote:I liked the post game from Watson last night. Hope it's real.
Do please share. Most of us don't get the Phoenix post game press conference.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Gladiator wrote:After 3 quarters Knight has shot well (6/11 including 2/3 three-pointers) but has zero assists, rebounds, steals and blocks. And a couple of turnovers.
Time to cut bait.

"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

carey wrote:I didn't watch. They sat Booker because of his toe? Anything positive at all tonight?
The bench (apart from Tucker) had a good run in the second quarter, highlighted by Barbosa heating up, Ulis passing and defending well and Len having a purple patch. That was the highlight for me. Also Chriss continues to look better than I expected him to

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This game was hard to watch. Game felt out of reach for pretty much the whole second half. Brandon "Black Hole Sun" Knight chucked as usual. Not enough minutes for the rooks. Inexplicable 3-guard lineups. Lots of silly mistakes. No Booker.

What do you guys think of our 3-point shooting? I think it's a big problem for us overall just based on the eye test. Who do we have as our best 3-point shooters? Dudley? Booker? Chuck-ups from Bledsoe and Knight? I wish we had 1-2 more guys who were 3-point marksmen to spread the floor. I guess we let some of those guys go, like Teletovic.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Hopefully Watson won the press conference again.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

There's only one 0-4 team in the NBA so far.

High fives for everybody!
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

SDC

Post by SDC »

The Bobster wrote:There's only one 0-4 team in the NBA so far.

High fives for everybody!
it's time to play this starting lineup

bledsoe, knight, booker, warren, chandler (what else do you have to lose?)

bench
ulis, barbosa, duds, chriss, len

carey

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:This game was hard to watch. Game felt out of reach for pretty much the whole second half. Brandon "Black Hole Sun" Knight chucked as usual. Not enough minutes for the rooks. Inexplicable 3-guard lineups. Lots of silly mistakes. No Booker.

What do you guys think of our 3-point shooting? I think it's a big problem for us overall just based on the eye test. Who do we have as our best 3-point shooters? Dudley? Booker? Chuck-ups from Bledsoe and Knight? I wish we had 1-2 more guys who were 3-point marksmen to spread the floor. I guess we let some of those guys go, like Teletovic.

3-guard lineup without Booker? That makes no sense. I wasn't watching the game but I can't conceive of a situation where that would have been needed against the Clippers.

Jenkins is a shooter but if they didn't give him any run with Booker out I can't conceive of it happening much this season.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

There were some baaaaad line ups out there. I can't think of a worse passing tandem than Beldsoe and Knight. Ulis is miles ahead in terms of ball handling, passing, and court vision. Too bad he's stuck in the body of an 8th grader.

Len is still an enigma. He's do some Hakeem moves in the paint and score with ease then he'll miss the next 3 layups and shoot 2 air balls from 12 ft out. I've never seen anything like it. Dude shot 4-13. Like how does that even happen?

I think Watson needs to give it the refs a little more. I get that he doesn't want to set the example of complaining but they started calling so many fouls. Dudley had 4 in the first half and 5 by the 6 min mark of the 3rd quarter. Alot of Bledsoe's were a bit ridiculous as well.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The refs are still figuring out who the Suns are. They are much more aggressive on D than in the past. They'll figure it out. Hopefully by next year when we start winning.

"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:This game was hard to watch. Game felt out of reach for pretty much the whole second half. Brandon "Black Hole Sun" Knight chucked as usual. Not enough minutes for the rooks. Inexplicable 3-guard lineups. Lots of silly mistakes. No Booker.

3-guard lineup without Booker? That makes no sense. I wasn't watching the game but I can't conceive of a situation where that would have been needed against the Clippers.

Jenkins is a shooter but if they didn't give him any run with Booker out I can't conceive of it happening much this season.
I didn't like it, either. But with Chandler, Len, Dudley, and Chriss in foul trouble, Watson had to choose between going small or throwing Bender to the wolves.

Besides, when Knight is hitting his shots, play him! Anything that drives up his value.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:Hopefully Watson won the press conference again.
For all the Watson love, his management of the minutes has been awful so far.

There is no reason for Bender and Chriss not to be seeing more minutes. And this coming from the guy that hated their selections. But they've played well, and the team has looked better with them on the floor.

I get Ulis not getting minutes because of Knight. That one is on Ryan.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
ShelC wrote:Hopefully Watson won the press conference again.
For all the Watson love, his management of the minutes has been awful so far.

There is no reason for Bender and Chriss not to be seeing more minutes. And this coming from the guy that hated their selections. But they've played well, and the team has looked better with them on the floor.

I get Ulis not getting minutes because of Knight. That one is on Ryan.
Thank you! Exactly!
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Pisses me off that Tucker sees more minutes than Bender. Can we just trade Tucker and Knight away for nothing and then give Bender and Ulis both their minutes?