Suns News: Week 10 12/26-1/1

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Suns News: Week 10 12/26-1/1

Post by carey »

Last Week's Games

@ Minnesota L115-108
vs. Houston L125-111
vs. Philadelphia W123-116

This Week's Games

Mon, December 26th @ Houston L131-115
Wed, December 28th @ San Antonio 9:30PM EST
Thurs, December 29th vs. Toronto 10:00PM EST
Sat, December 31st @ Utah 9:00PM EST

Suns Stories

Against Rockets Suns rookie, Bender, records first double-double: http://arizonasports.com/story/974472/a ... le-double/

Suns' Watson pleased with what he sees from Bender (but, ya know, not too pleased): http://arizonasports.com/story/974785/s ... an-bender/

BSOTS: Suns & Kings discussing possible deal involving Knight (I've already talked about this, it's from Lowe's recent podcast with Windhorst and it's an old, old rumor where discussions took place before the season even started.) http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2016/ ... don-knight

Suns Notes: Rookie Bender flashes potential - http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /95889738/

Center of the Sun: Have a merry Christmas Suns fans. - http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2016/ ... -suns-fans
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Re: Suns News: Week 10 12/26-1/1

Post by carey »

Sorry for getting this up late. Sunday was a busy Christmas and I was in too much pain to get out of bed yesterday. I'll get the ATL thread up in a few. Love you guys.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

You da man, carey! Really sorry about the pain. Feel better!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Don't look now, but our own BASE has put together 4 good shooting games in a row.

Knight is averaging 17.8 on .548 fg% and .444 3p% along with over 5 made fts per game. He really is much better when he makes the effort to get to the rim. Toss in 3.8 rebounds, and those numbers are pretty great for a spark off the bench in 23 minutes. Plus, he has almost as many assists as turnovers.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

carey

Post by carey »

O_Gardino wrote:Don't look now, but our own BASE has put together 4 good shooting games in a row.

Knight is averaging 17.8 on .548 fg% and .444 3p% along with over 5 made fts per game. He really is much better when he makes the effort to get to the rim. Toss in 3.8 rebounds, and those numbers are pretty great for a spark off the bench in 23 minutes. Plus, he has almost as many assists as turnovers.
It's fine if he can do it consistently. If he could he would be a great asset. I've not seen any indication he's capable of that yet. He's still young though as he just turned 25 on December 2nd. I still think we should cash out on him if the opportunity presents itself.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Suns’ Offensive Woes Amplified By Predictability, Lack of Substance:
http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2016/ ... or-success
The Suns are struggling at both ends of the floor, but for the purpose of this article we’ll examine solely the team’s offense. While the Suns were hardly an offensive juggernaut last season, all of the flaws that fans found with former head coach Jeff Hornacek’s offensive schemes throughout the past few years have become even more amplified today. In short, the Suns have an even less varied offense than last year, and that predictability (as well as inefficiency) is stopping them from winning even a modest amount of games with a roster that, on paper, has some talent. Furthermore, the lack of variety in the team’s offense is negatively affecting the development of some of the team’s youngest stars, most notably Devin Booker and T.J. Warren.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:Suns’ Offensive Woes Amplified By Predictability, Lack of Substance:
The Suns are struggling at both ends of the floor, but for the purpose of this article we’ll examine solely the team’s offense. While the Suns were hardly an offensive juggernaut last season, all of the flaws that fans found with former head coach Jeff Hornacek’s offensive schemes throughout the past few years have become even more amplified today. In short, the Suns have an even less varied offense than last year, and that predictability (as well as inefficiency) is stopping them from winning even a modest amount of games with a roster that, on paper, has some talent. Furthermore, the lack of variety in the team’s offense is negatively affecting the development of some of the team’s youngest stars, most notably Devin Booker and T.J. Warren.
You just "Careyed" Danimal.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Carey is tired of getting Careyed, now he is going to be the one doing the Careying!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:Carey is tired of getting Careyed, now he is going to be the one doing the Careying!
You guys are getting a little Careyed away.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

My apologies to Danimal. Where is his original post and I will link to it?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Carey on, my wayward son.

carey

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Carey on, my wayward son.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Interview with McDonough on KTAR: http://arizonasports.com/category/podca ... +%26+Gambo

They ask him point blank about the fans wanting to see the kids play. I didn't particularly like the end of the interview where he basically said he's comfortable seeing Bender about a quarter a night (12 minutes.)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

So far he's averaging 9, if you include the DNP's. A consistent 12 would be an improvement.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I heard a lot of excuses and covering for Watson. He should be playing more and everyone knows it. And what is this they all have to develop at different times? It sounds like Watson is trying to hold Bender back and force Chriss to breakout first. I don't think you should control when it happens. What if Bender or Ulis was supposed to break out first, if he let it happen organically and based on performance and performance of the team?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Watson had a dumb quote about getting Bender some minutes and saying "We want the young guys to arrive, but arrive at different times", or something to that effect.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Shabazz wrote:
carey wrote:Suns’ Offensive Woes Amplified By Predictability, Lack of Substance:
You just "Careyed" Danimal.
son of a

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

carey wrote:My apologies to Danimal. Where is his original post and I will link to it?
no worries bud

i pasted in last weeks suns news section, right towards the end of it

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

ShelC wrote:Watson had a dumb quote about getting Bender some minutes and saying "We want the young guys to arrive, but arrive at different times", or something to that effect.
i read that also and not really sure what he meant. Maybe he meant they will arrive at different times/its hard to know when they will arrive.

I don't know why you wouldn't them to arrive as soon as possible.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yet another boneheaded quote from Earl Watson.