Suns Trading Deadline Speculation

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

How active are the Suns going to be before the trading deadline?

Stand pat (Passive)
27%
Move one player (Active)
32%
Move two or more players (Very Active)
41%

Total votes: 22

Superbone

Suns Trading Deadline Speculation

Post by Superbone »

What do you think? Are we going to be active? It seems like McDonough always is, no? Is this a year that nothing happens or do we shake it up or something in between? Who do you think will be moved by the deadline if anybody?

Dis • cuss
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Re: Suns Trading Deadline Speculation

Post by ShelC »

I think we stand pat. Most of the quotes I've seen from McD are that he's not going to do something just to do something and isn't pressured to make a move as in recent years (Dragic, M****s). I'm sure Knight and his reps want a trade, but unless there's something out there that benefits us (which there doesn't seem to be), he's staying until the offseason. Same for Chandler and PJ. I don't think PJ is really that coveted, tho Chandler might be. The question then is, are there any teams close enough to contending where he can put them over the top? I can't really think of any...maybe Boston?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think we see something happen. Not expecting anything big though. I went with 1 player, but I think it'll be 1 trade with 1-2 players going out. Not sure who it will be, tucker seems like the most likely to me. Len or Knight moving wouldn't surprise me, although I'd be surprised if we got anything of value for Knight.

Might also see us just bring in a player without sending anyone back. Portland wants to cut some salary and we've got room to spare.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:I think we see something happen. Not expecting anything big though.
This is where I'm at.

"Be Legendary."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

More then likely we see a major deal in the off-season I think.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

I dont expect anything substantial till draft night.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think both Tucker and Knight may get shipped out. But we won't get anything very interesting in return, maybe just some 2nd rounders and expiring junk players.

SDC

Post by SDC »

ShelC wrote:I think we stand pat. Most of the quotes I've seen from McD are that he's not going to do something just to do something and isn't pressured to make a move as in recent years (Dragic, M****s). I'm sure Knight and his reps want a trade, but unless there's something out there that benefits us (which there doesn't seem to be), he's staying until the offseason. Same for Chandler and PJ. I don't think PJ is really that coveted, tho Chandler might be. The question then is, are there any teams close enough to contending where he can put them over the top? I can't really think of any...maybe Boston?
i think the suns will get a coveted 2nd round pick for tucker.

SDC

Post by SDC »

an expiring contract for knight.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I've gone with very active. I don't know who will get moved, but my theory is there will be a lot of movement in the NBA generally and McD will get an itchy trigger finger wanting to get involved.

EDC

Post by EDC »

I want to sell on Bledsoe, Knight, Tucker, and Chandler. I've come to accept that I won't get anything close to what I want. So maybe we dump Knight and then resign Tucker this off season for an ungodly amount. Only to have him come into camp over weight and slow. Even worse than this season. Of course he will still avg over 30 minutes a game as he spends the first quarter of the season getting back into shape and bricking every three pointer he takes.

Good times ahead.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

McD always procrastinates and waits till the last minute before the deadline to make trades.

Other than his first summer where he traded Gortat/Scola etc away, I can't remember one move he made in which he didn't wait till the last minute.

That said, based on his quotes and such, he's gonna stand PAT I think.

He lacks any kind of balls to actually get the idiots like Knight/Tucker off this team.

Too bad Sarver isn't smart enough to fire him if he does stand PAT.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

PAT?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:PAT?
"pat", as in standing. Pretty sure it's not a football reference. Why he's making it look like an acronym, I have no idea. Maybe he's trying to emphasize it.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:PAT?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Celtics get: Tyson Chandler, Melo, Lance Thomas

Knicks get: BKnight, PJ, Marcus Smart, Jerebko, TJ

Suns get: Jae Crowder, Tyler Zeller, Amir Johnson, Kyle O'Quinn

TOO

Post by TOO »

Pass. Crowder is fine I guess, but the bunch of dudes we acquire are just tall. Can't see Boston moving Crowder and Smart, especially for Melo, who I'm not sure can play with Thomas. Is he willing to take a back seat?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't see a lot of logic in a Melo-Celts trade but those two keep getting connected. IT and Melo are both too ball dominant and it would really disrupt the offense. But I love Crowder and think he'd be a great fit at the 3 and some 4. Johnson is a vet 4 who's an expiring deal. KOQ is another solid vet 4/5 who can help a guy like Chriss. And even with KOQ and Zeller (who's a FA after next year), Len would be our starting center. Biggest pieces are moving Chandler and Knight's deals.

TOO

Post by TOO »

ShelC wrote:I don't see a lot of logic in a Melo-Celts trade but those two keep getting connected. IT and Melo are both too ball dominant and it would really disrupt the offense. But I love Crowder and think he'd be a great fit at the 3 and some 4. Johnson is a vet 4 who's an expiring deal. KOQ is another solid vet 4/5 who can help a guy like Chriss. And even with KOQ and Zeller (who's a FA after next year), Len would be our starting center. Biggest pieces are moving Chandler and Knight's deals.
Feels like we move them for the sake of moving them. Crowder is ok, but we trade TJ to get him, I'm not sure how that helps us. We will still be terrible, might as well keep the younger player.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Not into moving TJ for that junk. Haven't seen a load of crap that large come our way since the Barkley deal. Take TJ out and they can have the rest of the lot for free!