2014 NBA Draft

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: 2014 NBA Draft

Post by INFORMER »

Warren did not have a very good supporting cast nor was that team well coached. Watching him, he was never a black hole on offense. I don't have concerns about his assists numbers.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

sunset rubdown

Post by sunset rubdown »

A nice article from BSoTS with some interesting quotes: http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2014/ ... ck-johnson

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Archie Goodwin was once again in attendance, and ran the three-minute drill with the prospects.
The 29-pointer is winning me over with his work ethic alone.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

sunset rubdown wrote:A nice article from BSoTS with some interesting quotes: http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2014/ ... ck-johnson
I'm usually critical of BSoTS, but that was a good write-up on the workout.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Good for Archie, its nice when you get kids that have a chip on their shoulder and the athletic ability to match the drive.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I would really love to add Philly's top two second rounders, especially if the 27th pick is traded.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ok, here is my rosterbation effort, but I'm not totally sold on any one move, so....
If Jabari Parker falls to Orlando at 4, what if Phx trades Bledsoe for 4th and 12th? ***(Disclaimer is that I don't think that you could get both 4 and 12 for Bledsoe though)

Then, Phx trades Green, the twins, 18, 27, PHX '15 pick and/or Lakers '15 pick) for Love

Trade 12 & 14 to the Lakers for 7.

Pick Parker with the 4th, and Smart with the 7th

Sign Hayward from Utah, & Tucker back.

Dragic/Smart
Hayward/Goodwin
Parker/Tucker
Love/Frye
Len/Plumlee
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ok, scratch all that. I can't do that crap with Bledsoe, since it needs to be a sign and trade and everything else falls apart with the trade to LA.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

sunset rubdown

Post by sunset rubdown »

INFORMER wrote:
sunset rubdown wrote:A nice article from BSoTS with some interesting quotes: http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2014/ ... ck-johnson
I'm usually critical of BSoTS, but that was a good write-up on the workout.
Yep, I usually like Sean Sullivan`s draft evaluations.

Captain Marv-el

Post by Captain Marv-el »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Good for Archie, its nice when you get kids that have a chip on their shoulder and the athletic ability to match the drive.
::thumbs Δ::
$HAϟAM

Hiphop Family Treeϟ Roots

Captain Marv-el

In2ition wrote:Ok, here is my rosterbation effort, but I'm not totally sold on any one move, so....
If Jabari Parker falls to Orlando at 4, what if Phx trades Bledsoe for 4th and 12th? ***(Disclaimer is that I don't think that you could get both 4 and 12 for Bledsoe though)

Then, Phx trades Green, the twins, 18, 27, PHX '15 pick and/or Lakers '15 pick) for Love

Dragic/Smart
Hayward/Goodwin
Parker/Tucker
Love/Frye
Len/Plumlee

::''EPIC THUMBS & THUMPS''▼▼▼::

why do you want to trade green??
Its so weird when we get a kid that blossoms here and then we trade him to see him either do just as good or get worst. Phoenix is a magical place and powerful to some people and even more EMpowering to others. Steven Nash was one of those who I think we know how to Empower, Gerald Green too. Kevin Love I feel might do the same, but I would never want to give up the Morrii or Green. You all already get how i feel about Archie

really I feel the same about Fry cause he is home grown and loyalty is important and its not just about loyalty its family. I think I graduated from his class. Im 2003 and even though I decided not to play high school ball at mesquite high I got a few homies who did (John Smallwood for 1) and its especial for me as a kid who grew up threw this school system to see players stay local. It just makes it magical and more then fun to watch, it becomes something more but I dont got a word for it
Last edited by Captain Marv-el on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
$HAϟAM

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Captain Marv-el wrote:
In2ition wrote:Ok, here is my rosterbation effort, but I'm not totally sold on any one move, so....

Dragic/Smart
Hayward/Goodwin
Parker/Tucker
Love/Frye
Len/Plumlee

LOL Ok, no worries. Like I said it was a poor effort.

Captain Marv-el

In2ition wrote:
Captain Marv-el wrote:

Dragic/Smart
Hayward/Goodwin
Parker/Tucker
Love/Frye
Len/Plumlee

well no, I am sorry because I am quick to judge (its all that mercury in the air and my teeth lol)
I dont know ANYTHING about the players from college because I dont watch college ball, I am a chemistry guy and a energy guy and I got folks who know WAYYYYYY more about energy than I do. My internal Marital arts teacher was teaching us Bagua and Qi Gong and Tai Chi on a basketball Court before he moved out to LA a few week back. Hes gonna be here each month and will be this weekend, but he saved my life so its hard but cool lol. Anyways

Yeah Forgive me, cause i was quick on that judgement of your idea
$HAϟAM

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Captain Marv-el wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Captain Marv-el wrote:

Dragic/Smart
Hayward/Goodwin
Parker/Tucker
Love/Frye
Len/Plumlee

well no, I am sorry because I am quick to judge (its all that mercury in the air and my teeth lol)
I dont know ANYTHING about the players from college because I dont watch college ball, I am a chemistry guy and a energy guy and I got folks who know WAYYYYYY more about energy than I do. My internal Marital arts teacher was teaching us Bagua and Qi Gong and Tai Chi on a basketball Court before he moved out to LA a few week back. Hes gonna be here each month and will be this weekend, but he saved my life so its hard but cool lol. Anyways

Yeah Forgive me, cause i was quick on that judgement of your idea
Don't worry about it. I love criticism of my ideas, it makes me stretch and think more. I don't think I have all the answers, so I enjoy others opinions.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Archie Goodwin was once again in attendance, and ran the three-minute drill with the prospects.
The 29-pointer is winning me over with his work ethic alone.
I can't wait until the day you're calling him the 29-point-averager.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

From what I have been reading on T.J Warren, he almost seems like a guy that should be rated higher in the draft. I have seen mocks where they have him going anywhere between 14-27 spot in the draft. What are the reasons why he is so all over the board that way? I am not really savvy on the draft prospects this year so please excuse my ignorance.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Questions about his range and defense mostly.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:From what I have been reading on T.J Warren, he almost seems like a guy that should be rated higher in the draft. I have seen mocks where they have him going anywhere between 14-27 spot in the draft. What are the reasons why he is so all over the board that way? I am not really savvy on the draft prospects this year so please excuse my ignorance.
Based on what I'm reading here and need, he is a very intriguing prospect for us. I don't know if he would be a good value at 14 though. What are the chances he's still there at 18?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I'd be shocked if Cleveland passed on Embid. Apparently there is nothing wrong with his back and IMO, if there is not he is the clear #1 prospect.

1.Embid
2.Wiggins/Parker
3.This is where things get interesting if Wiggins is off the board....Exum could land here as could Vonleh and even 1 philly writer here is making a case for Smart
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I had Warren mocked to phoenix @ 14 in my 1st mock. I'd be fine with that pick if the guys are off the board that I think will be. I like Warren.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”