2017 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: 2017 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by Shabazz »

I agree with whoever said we'd get Jackson. Philly doesn't need a SF who can't shoot. They're more likely to take Monk, Fox or Smith.

If we weren't going to get Smith, I think Jackson was next on my list. Not much difference between 2-4 if that's the case.*

*posted after chucked a computer monitor out of my office window.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Time to read up and watch film on Jackson, I guess.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Here's the actualy lottery drawing for the tin-foil hat crew:

http://www.nba.com/live2

EDC

Post by EDC »

AmareIsGod wrote: Mr. Politics. There's a folder for you.
Take your own advice and stop preaching.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

JJ Slim wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:JJ ... good to see you back again. It's been awhile.

Unfortunately, you were right on time to witness the Suns getting another greaseless rogering by the NBA front office...
Yes quite a while. I debated whether to join in the festivities or not but got talked into it. It pretty much ended up
the way I expected.

Glad to have you back. Misery loves company.

There are some of the familiar goofballs still around, plus a few newcomers to our merry band ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I think we land Jackson too. 4th isn't bad. Like Fragrant said, outside of Fultz, it's a toss up based on teams and needs for the next 4-5 picks.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

EDC

Post by EDC »

Shabazz wrote:I agree with whoever said we'd get Jackson. Philly doesn't need a SF who can't shoot. They're more likely to take Monk, Fox or Smith.

If we weren't going to get Smith, I think Jackson was next on my list. Not much difference between 2-4 if that's the case.*

*posted after chucked a computer monitor out of my office window.

I feel like we are going to have a hard time fitting in another SF. I really wanted a guard to play next to Booker.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'm actually perfectly content with the outcome. Fultz will go 1, the balls get their wish and end up in LA, where I can happily root against him. I think there is almost zero chance Philly drafts Jackson which leaves him for us. He was my #2 choice.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Typical.

I just hope we end up with Jackson.

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

This could really end up being a blessing in disguise.

At least we do not have to worry about Lonzo's shot, Lavar Ball or the BBB Brand, right?

That is a plus in my book.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't know that Fultz goes 1. I think Ball is a better fit next to Thomas.

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

ShelC wrote:I don't know that Fultz goes 1. I think Ball is a better fit next to Thomas.
It was reported that Ainge (Boston) is a big fan of Fultz. I would think he will go one for sure but I am not so sure the Lakers will 100% take Ball ...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Well, one silver lining is that we would have been a lot more pissed today if we still had the Lakers' pick.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:Well, one silver lining is that we would have been a lot more pissed today if we still had the Lakers' pick.
It would have rolled unprotected to next season, where there are 4 potential franchise players at the top of the draft.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Superbone wrote:Well, one silver lining is that we would have been a lot more pissed today if we still had the Lakers' pick.
It would have rolled unprotected to next season, where there are 4 potential franchise players at the top of the draft.
Never mind.
"Be Legendary."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

The draft is rigged but Silver is smarter than Stern in the fact that Stern would have moved Lakers to the top because "It's what's best for business." Silver kept them out of #1 because it would keep the heat off the "draft is rigged" angle. Stern had an ego. Silver seems more even keel.

It's just like the WWE, they go through the motions to make it look real but the results are predetermined.

Can't express how sports sad I am right now. Our shitty little franchise will always always be at the short end of the stick.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

TOO

Post by TOO »

djy2j wrote:The draft is rigged but Silver is smarter than Stern in the fact that Stern would have moved Lakers to the top because "It's what's best for business." Silver kept them out of #1 because it would keep the heat off the "draft is rigged" angle. Stern had an ego. Silver seems more even keel.

It's just like the WWE, they go through the motions to make it look real but the results are predetermined.

Can't express how sports sad I am right now. Our s*** little franchise will always always be at the short end of the stick.
Nah
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Singh

Post by Singh »

Superbone wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:The OGW raises her warty, ugly face again ...
GET OUT OF OUR LIVES!!! You've done your damage. Now move on.
She took her knobby warty finger, shoved it up our asses and scratched. Bitch

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Pretty early to call them franchise players. Let's see what they do in college. Early reports are that the draft next year won't be that deep. Outside of those top 4(Porter, Ayton, Bamba, and Doncic) there is the two returning freshman(Williams and bridges) and then a lot of question marks. Those top guys, outside of maybe Porter, have some question marks too. Would still love to have the pick, but I think it was more valuable this year at 4 than next year.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm disappointed, but mot surprised at all. I expected this and will say that the Suns could still get the best player at 4. McDonough hitched his wagon to Bledsoe already, and I doubt he picks a pg. They could go a hundred different ways with this spot now, moving down, trading out or for future picks, pickong up multiple picks, or trading for a vet. I would think they would try for another young running mate with Booker, but who knows.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass