Brandon Knight done in Phoenix?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Brandon Knight done in Phoenix?

Post by carey »

According to numerous posters on the internet Gambo has said Knight is 100% done in Phoenix. He has already packed up and is gone. He is not returning messages from Big Sauce and other teammates. I'll look for the segment on their podcast.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Re: Brandon Knight done in Phoenix?

Post by Indy »

Is he looking for a buyout? He can't just not show up and still get paid, right? Or do they mean he just isn't here for summer stuff?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Is that why he posted his hey guys look I'm in times square pic the other day? Hmm.. Well I'd be lying if I said I'm sad to see him go, plus we have Ronnie Price, the consummate pro as a 3rd PG, we're fine there.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Indy wrote:Is he looking for a buyout? He can't just not show up and still get paid, right? Or do they mean he just isn't here for summer stuff?
I'm sure he wants to play and I think it'd be a terrible look for the organization to just sit a guy who is 25 years old on the bench and let him rot. Trade him for a fart in the wind, we'll never get value for him, so just cut bait and wish him luck. He should go back to Milwaukee.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Good. Time to cut our loses already. Have no ill will towards him but he sucked on the court for us. Wouldn't be surprised if he went to a winning team with a solid coach and gave them that 6th man performance we were expecting this year.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Good. Time to cut our loses already. Have no ill will towards him but he sucked on the court for us. Wouldn't be surprised if he went to a winning team with a solid coach and gave them that 6th man performance we were expecting this year.
Same here.

Although, I wouldn't mind if we traded Bleds for something of value that wasn't a PG (maybe a center that can shoot and brag some boards), then start BK to build up his value again.

carey

Post by carey »

This stuff was in hour 1.

http://arizonasports.com/category/podca ... +%26+Gambo

*Doesn't think they will do anything crazy in FA
*Doesn't think we will go get Paul Millsap - Paul wants to go somewhere in win at age 32 - would only likely offer a 2-year contract.
*Iffy on Tyson Chandler being here next year. Guys & coaches want him around. No one knows if Chandler really wants to stay here or go win somewhere.
*They have asked Tyson on 2 separate occasions "What do you want to do?"
*Would you rather have Len & Williams vs. Chandler-Williams?

This stuff was in hour 3.

http://arizonasports.com/category/podca ... +%26+Gambo

*Decision to make on Barbosa. Will wait until July 3rd. $4M against cap vs. $500k. Decision will come down to do they need the cap space?
*They will actively look at Millsap & a couple other role-players.
*Signing Millsap would mean he starts at PF and Chriss goes permanently to the 5. (For the record I do not like this idea.)
*Would you rather go 3 years big money on Millsap or 3 years little money on someone like JaMychal Green?
*BK needs to be resolved. I don't know if they can even get a 2nd round pick for him bec of the contract.
*"He's not coming back."
*I talked to the players. BK left within hours after his exit interview. A bunch of guys have stayed to work out and play. BK told the guys listen I won't see you guys again. He left and had no intention of coming back. He did the right thing. Shut his mouth never complained but the Suns have to do the right thing. They would gladly trade him for a future 2nd round pick.
*Is there a team out there that will do it or will we have to take back another shitty contract in return?
*I've been told they won't put him through the same thing as last year again.
*Options are 1) Trade for a 2nd rounder 2) Take back another bad contract 3) Buy him out.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Well that's interesting stuff to hear on Brandon, maybe his mind is made up and no chance the two sides try to make it work but still waiting to see it finalized as the trade will probably be hard to come by.
I'm already getting frustrated with the vet FA's rumours, one day it is we all in on the young guys then next day still hearing one of these FA agent moves popping up like management is "fine" playing the young guys but wouldn't mind if they can swing a deal
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I'm sure we over-value our own players as much as any fans, but Knight has to be worth at least a second round pick. I just find it pretty hard to believe that a guy who has the tools, showed flashes on another team, and seems to be a good person off the court can' t get at least a 2nd rounder. If that's really the case, then I suppose I would rather just buy him out than take back a bad contract.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I just hate that we gave away the lakers pick for a guy who was already widely known for bone-headed plays. Star of Shaqtin a Fool. Dead meme. Fails mix tapes. I like to think Sarver forced that trade and that out bball people knew better.

The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Cap

Post by Cap »

O_Gardino wrote:I just hate that we gave away the lakers pick for a guy who was already widely known for bone-headed plays. Star of Shaqtin a Fool. Dead meme. Fails mix tapes. I like to think Sarver forced that trade and that out bball people knew better.

It was not only crazy from a basketball perspective, it was even crazier from a business perspective. The guy was a few games away from free agency. We gave up a premium asset for 11 games from BK in a wasted season. And then we signed him to a bad contract that we didn't have have to trade anything to sign him to.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:I just hate that we gave away the lakers pick for a guy who was already widely known for bone-headed plays. Star of Shaqtin a Fool. Dead meme. Fails mix tapes. I like to think Sarver forced that trade and that out bball people knew better.

It was not only crazy from a basketball perspective, it was even crazier from a business perspective. The guy was a few games away from free agency. We gave up a premium asset for 11 games from BK in a wasted season. And then we signed him to a bad contract that we didn't have have to trade anything to sign him to.
IIRC, didn't we also big against ourselves for his contract? I may be wrong on that point.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Cap wrote:

IIRC, didn't we also big against ourselves for his contract? I may be wrong on that point.
Depends what you mean by "bi[d] against ourselves." He didn't test the market, at least as far as was reported. As soon as FA period opened, we made him an offer and he accepted our opening offer. There were no reports of other teams having interest, but he was off the market practically as soon as it opened.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Cap wrote:

Depends what you mean by "bi[d] against ourselves." He didn't test the market, at least as far as was reported. As soon as FA period opened, we made him an offer and he accepted our opening offer. There were no reports of other teams having interest, but he was off the market practically as soon as it opened.
We gave him the same offer as Bledsoe got. Man, they really messed up with him. They give away the great pick and then to add insult to injury, pay him a huge contract. Biggest mess up by far for McD.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I screamed about it at the time (as did some others). Even without the benefit of hindsight it was unconscionable.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Many of us were screaming

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:Many of us were screaming
In cap space, no one can hear you scream.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I am sure cap heard me.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Brandon Knight would be an interesting option for the Nets. They need to add talent wherever they can. It would be a good place to resurrect a career.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Gambo keeps insisting that Knight will be dealt this summer. I'm not holding my breath though.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass