Game Day Suns @ Wizards

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Game Day Suns @ Wizards

Post by Nodack »

Time: 4:00pm AZ (4:00 pm PT / 7:00 pm ET)
Place: Capital One Arena, Washington DC
TV: FSAZ/NBALP

Two hours before tip off and no Game Day Thread? I’ll do my best. Thought I would shake things up by posting the preview from a Bullets fan sight.

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2017/10/ ... ba-preview
From Bulletsforever.com
Win probabilities: Washington has an 88 percent chance of winning according to Kevin Broom’s win predictor and an 86 percent chance according to FiveThirtyEight.

Injury Report
Wizards: Markieff Morris (Out, Suspension), Sheldon Mac (Out, Achilles), Otto Porter (Questionable, Illness)

Suns: Eric Bledsoe (Out, Still at the hair salon, not sure when he’ll be back), Alan Williams (Out, Knee), Marquese Chriss (Day-to-Day, Ankle)

What to Watch for
Can the Wizards take advantage of the turnover battle?

The Suns come into Wednesday’s game with the fifth-worst turnover percentage in the league, coughing it up on 17.3 percent of their possessions. Meanwhile, Washington is second in the league in forcing turnovers, generating turnovers on 18.7 percent of their opponents’ possessions.

All the turnovers Washington is generating has paid dividends on the offensive end. They’re currently second in the league in points per game off turnovers, averaging 22.8 per game. Even though they don’t get out in transition as much as you might think, they’re one of the best in the league at maximizing those opportunities.

After a long road trip, it wouldn’t be understandable if the Wizards were a little shaky and perhaps looking ahead to their big game on Friday against Cleveland. But as long as they can protect the ball on their end and capitalize on the mistakes the young Suns will inevitably make, they should be able to survive an off-night

Morris out (suspension) lol

The Bullets are real good at forcing turnovers and we are real good at turning the ball over. Maybe they should make not turning the ball over a priority tonight.

Go Suns!!!

Dis • cuss

bajanguy008

Re: Game Day Suns @ Wizards

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yea I was out all day so didn't get to do it lol. Well yea the Wizards r coming off a road trip but regardless this will be a tough test
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

This is a good test. Not expecting a win by any means, but keep it close, keep it competitive. Learn, develop. Its all good.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm expecting John Wall to roast our back court. Hopefully we can keep up.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'd throw Josh Jackson on Wall. He's the only one I'd think would have a shot. Might be shaky now, but in the future, Jackson should be the guy we can throw on PGs. Also curious to see how Bender would do.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

ShelC wrote:I'd throw Josh Jackson on Wall. He's the only one I'd think would have a shot. Might be shaky now, but in the future, Jackson should be the guy we can throw on PGs. Also curious to see how Bender would do.
Yea Bender minutes should be interesting tonight because they use Porter and Oubre as 4's in small ball lineup then throw in Mike Scott who also more of a SF. So his length against their agility will be something to look at

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Thanks for making the Game Day thread. I am looking forward to this one, mostly because I like watching Washington. I think they are actually the best team in the East this year. Maybe it's off-topic, but I don't think Cleveland is going back to the Finals this season; their roster is old and creaky, doesn't shoot or defend well enough to make it. So I think the ECF is Celts/Wizards with a slight edge to the Wiz going to the NBA Finals. Anyway so I'm looking forward to this game to see what they've got. And that poohead Markieff Morris isn't playing, so I don't have to put up with watching him. What's not to like?

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Otto is out Sick :evil: :o

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Same starting lineup. Doesn't really bother me since Triano has shown the ability to play guys who are doing well as the game progresses.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

carey

Post by carey »

Does Oubre's hair annoy anyone else?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Chandler has a right to be upset. He was called for a touch rebounding foul while Gortat has basically tackled him on two other occasions.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Wizards really overplaying Devin and doing their best to limit his touches

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

carey wrote:Does Oubre's hair annoy anyone else?
Yep. Then I conceded that I'm just getting old.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

For me that last play is just TJ being too easy going , not arrogance as our possible 2nd best scorer. He shouldn't be giving back James the ball with 8secs left when he had the court cleared with Satoransky on him

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Wow they just showed Tyson pick n roll D on Beal high screen. Sitting back in the paint and leaving Booker on an island smh

TOO

Post by TOO »

James looks pretty awful thus far. Cant make shot, cant stop Wall.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Missing layups, not to mention any other shot. The Wiz hitting everything, including off balance runners by Mike Scott.

EDC

Post by EDC »

What happened to that offense we were running the first two games after we fired Watson. We were getting great pick and rolls from the wing and lots of off ball movement.

I really hate watching pick and rolls from our guards at the top of the key that only involve our centers.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mike James at his WORST.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

carey wrote:Does Oubre's hair annoy anyone else?
No