Suns Coach 2018-19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

So who do you want to see as a coach in 2018-19 (and beyond)?

Grass isn't always greener: Triano--What more could you ask with the group of guys we had this year and the development we have seen?
13%
Tried and true: Previous NBA head coach with bona fides / playoff wins
46%
Make the jump: Current NCAA head coach with bona fides / good tourny showings
10%
Shake it up: New coach from the assistant ranks across the league
18%
You make the call:Your poll options suck, Indy
13%

Total votes: 39

Superbone

Re: Suns Coach 2018-19

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/InsiderSuns/status/984558103839440896

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Majerle is a Suns legend and doing well at GCU, but he's below the bar for me. He would've been the right hire three years ago.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Majerle is a Suns legend and doing well at GCU, but he's below the bar for me. He would've been the right hire three years ago.
I’d take him in a heartbeat over any of the scrubs that were mentioned yesterday. Jerry Stackhouse, NVE, blah.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So help me, if they hire Jason Kidd to be our next coach, I am done.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I love you guys and your different ultimatums.

I swear, if they hire Lindsey Hunter, get the #4 pick and take Jalen Brunson with it, trade Booker for the Morris twins, and Sarver throws fries at Jerry Colangelo, I'm done with them. How do you like that?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:So help me, if they hire Jason Kidd to be our next coach, I am done.
Gambo reported yesterday that “Players that the Suns value highly don’t want Kidd as the next coach”.

So if they hire Kidd even despite that, their asking for it.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

So basically Booker isn't a J. Kidd fan.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'd much rather keep Triano and get him some actual NBA talent to work with and see how that goes than go with anyone that was previously listed with the exception of maybe Fizdale. Triano got the G-Leaguers to play pretty hard, Booker seems to like him, we just dont have any actual veteran leaders WHO CAN PLAY. Dudley and Chandler can talk til their blue in the face, but who wants to really listen to old bench warmers?
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I’d hope that a frog as a coach would keep the G league player playing hard. He’s a G league player FFS

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'd pay to see a frog as a coach.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

Cap

Post by Cap »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I'd pay to see a frog as a coach.
Depends on the frog. Michigan J. or Kermit might be fun, Pepe not so much.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Lol

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I'd much rather keep Triano and get him some actual NBA talent to work with and see how that goes than go with anyone that was previously listed with the exception of maybe Fizdale. Triano got the G-Leaguers to play pretty hard, Booker seems to like him, we just dont have any actual veteran leaders WHO CAN PLAY. Dudley and Chandler can talk til their blue in the face, but who wants to really listen to old bench warmers?
I'd like to see Fizdale with Triano as head assistant.

Dudley and Chandler can STFU. I'm tired of their opinions holding any weight, especially Dudley. I can tollerate Chandler because he's actually won a ring and isn't 15lbs over weight.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I'd much rather keep Triano and get him some actual NBA talent to work with and see how that goes than go with anyone that was previously listed with the exception of maybe Fizdale. Triano got the G-Leaguers to play pretty hard, Booker seems to like him, we just dont have any actual veteran leaders WHO CAN PLAY. Dudley and Chandler can talk til their blue in the face, but who wants to really listen to old bench warmers?
Triano previously coaches a team with prime Bosh on it and failed pretty badly.

He isn’t HC material. Don’t buy into the bs that the Arizona media is putting out because they love Triano as he’s very media friendly.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Dudley and Chandler can STFU. I'm tired of their opinions holding any weight, especially Dudley. I can tollerate Chandler because he's actually won a ring and isn't 15lbs over weight.
Only 15lbs? Sheesh, he wishes he was only 15lbs overweight.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Only 15lbs? Sheesh, he wishes he was only 15lbs overweight.
I haven't seen him in a month, so I'm definitely being too generous.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:So help me, if they hire Jason Kidd to be our next coach, I am done.
We better start talking about the phx-suns.net succession plans.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I was thinking the exact same thing with the exception of maybe Fizdale. How about Fizdale and keep Triano as an assistant?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I'd pay to see a frog as a coach.
Maybe we could get that singing Warner Brothers frog.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
GMTA
"Be Legendary."