All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Split T »

Plumlee being cheap doesn’t change the fact that the others were expensive.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:36 pm
No, but I think it should pump the breaks on this narrative that you just have to give bad contracts to big men, like it's the "new normal."
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:42 pm
Split T wrote:
No, but I think it should pump the breaks on this narrative that you just have to give bad contracts to big men, like it's the "new normal."
Well that’s not what I meant at all. You don’t have to, but teams still do. And if teams going nowhere value Poeltl and Vucevic at 20 million a year. Maybe someone will value a 24 year old Ayton at 30 million.

Milwaukee was kinda forced into it, but I gotta assume the reason Brook got 25 million a year as a 35 year old role player is because Houston(a rebuilding team) was willing to pay him. Don’t get me wrong, Brook is very good, but he’s a role player. He’s the 4th most important guy on that Bucks team.

Ayton is overpaid, but he’s young enough and shown enough that I can see a team selling themselves on him.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:47 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Split T wrote:
Well that’s not what I meant at all. You don’t have to, but teams still do. And if teams going nowhere value Poeltl and Vucevic at 20 million a year. Maybe someone will value a 24 year old Ayton at 30 million.

Milwaukee was kinda forced into it, but I gotta assume the reason Brook got 25 million a year as a 35 year old role player is because Houston(a rebuilding team) was willing to pay him. Don’t get me wrong, Brook is very good, but he’s a role player. He’s the 4th most important guy on that Bucks team.

Ayton is overpaid, but he’s young enough and shown enough that I can see a team selling themselves on him.
Well, at least for this offseason, NOT A SINGLE team saw him like that, and with three more years under control, no one was willing to take a risk that big on him. In two years, he will be getting more and more attention as an expiring instead of as a building block, so this is the year the league value the player/contract ratio more accurately.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I’ve made peace with idea of Ayton not being traded. And despite what’s being said I absolutely think the Suns would trade Ayton but mostly likely, the best offers out there were probably not to far off from what the hawks got for John Collins and while I was okay with selling Ayton for peanuts(unpopular opinion, I know), clearly James Jones wasn’t. I just hope he doesn’t plays like dog shit even more and sinks his already low trade value, even lower.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:07 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:47 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Split T wrote:

Well, at least for this offseason, NOT A SINGLE team saw him like that, and with three more years under control, no one was willing to take a risk that big on him. In two years, he will be getting more and more attention as an expiring instead of as a building block, so this is the year the league value the player/contract ratio more accurately.
It’s very early in the off-season to be claiming that. And not to still Jeremy’s thunder, but someone could say the suns saw him like that.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I've felt like $20M/year range is the sweet spot for a quality starting Center for the past few seasons, and a lot of guys, including Ayton, fit into that category.

The contracts for Poeltl and Vucevic are fine. There's not a huge gap production between them and Ayton, and certainly not enough to justify a $10M+ salary difference.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That was a great performance. Is there a way to ensure he plays against undersized and inexperienced Centers every game?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That was maxAyton. Good times.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Is it America’s birthday or Jeremy’s?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Just trying to psych myself up for another season of DeAndre Ayton.

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Here, I'll add one:

19/20 game with 7 offensive boards - but what's really notable about this game is that it's the one time in his 67 regular season games played that Ayton reached double figures in free throw attempts.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Or do we get...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULLRWm7QK2Q

https://youtu.be/ROH8n_nXQR0

https://youtu.be/Ceo5xkXtf1o

"@vpsty - 1 month ago
The world's softest element was caesium with a hardness measured at
.02 Mohs. However, on July 23, 1998, in Nassau Bahamas, an even softer element was born - named Deandre Ayton or it's periodic symbol of DA with a softness level of negative .01 Mohs. This element is sooo soft, that Talc, the softest mineral on earth with a .01 Mohs actually goes through DA"

This is my last post in All About Ayton...we shall see what the fates, Vogel and Ayton's plushee ego resolve to in the coming season. I'll resolve to hope for the best...but someone needs to get him a giant couch and an INFINTELY patient therapist. A 7' 250# center playing to potential doesn't get just 3 FTAs a game.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:37 pm
Just trying to psych myself up for another season of DeAndre Ayton.
Maybe start by spelling his name right. :P Maybe you're getting him mixed up with Jordan.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Capitalization and spelling are two different things, my friend.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

It still think there’s a good chance he is gone. I’m fine either way just don’t want a dickhead deal. Has anyone heard anything from Ayton? KD and Book were in the bahamas but No social media pics?