All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:39 pm
And the fact that his box score numbers can look good. A few advanced stats thought he was better than Booker…that invites a lot of discussion on what’s more important, a ball handler who creates shots for themselves(even if they are less efficient) and others, or the guy who just finishes shots created for him at a very high level.
They're both very important. Unfortunately, we no longer have the latter.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:25 pm
Split T wrote:
And the fact that his box score numbers can look good. A few advanced stats thought he was better than Booker…that invites a lot of discussion on what’s more important, a ball handler who creates shots for themselves(even if they are less efficient) and others, or the guy who just finishes shots created for him at a very high level.
Except no max players are the latter

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:38 pm
It's pretty sad that Ayton never got an appreciation thread on here when he was traded. Shows how much Hayton there is.
You dropped that ball, if anyone was going to do it, it should have been his biggest fan (cough cough stan) :lol: :lol:

I’m sure many anxious posters respected your rightful right to lead the massive mourning upon his departure.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

But seriously, what’s the point of creating another thread to keep saying the same, besides keeping this away from reaching 1,000 pages?

I can’t believe how is possible for some people to keep posting on a daily basis here, I get that Jeremy is like those japanese soldiers trenched on an island without acknowledging that they are fighting a lost battle, and that a bomb had already being dropped. He will keep fighting and praising Dominayton the First .

But some people are actually still trying to convince him otherwise, again, in a daily basis and on every post, and that’s why Jeremy-San still thinks there is a fight to be fought… that blows my mind, really.

Who’s crazier?

(Edit; I was talking about this particular thread))
Last edited by Aztec Sunsfan on Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:59 pm
But seriously, what’s the point of creating another thread to keep saying the same, besides keeping this away from reaching 1,000 pages?

I can’t believe how is possible for some people to keep posting on a daily basis here, I get that Jeremy is like those japanese soldiers trenched on an island without acknowledging that they are fighting a lost battle, and that a bomb had already being dropped. He will keep fighting and praising Dominayton the First .

But some people are actually still trying to convince him otherwise, again, in a daily basis and on every post, and that’s why Jeremy-San still thinks there is a fight to be fought… that blows my mind, really.

Who’s crazier?
lol that ship sailed for me a long time ago…. I give a few people a lot of credit in their ability to continuously being civil, while I’m over here screaming at my screen. Granted I’ve been going through a lot the last few months, which didn’t help 🥹.

Split should get a Nobel peace prize.
Last edited by Kryptonic on Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

Who’s crazier?
You for that post. ;) It was just about to die down and blow away and you had to go post that. Tsk tsk.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

Who’s crazier?
Nobody asked you go back to your hole and come back when you’re ready to debate with literally only one person the worst max signing and worst #1 overall pick in Suns history

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:45 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Split T wrote:
Completely irrelevant if it’s an important part of winning a title. Ishbia doesn’t seem to care that Beal is widely considered one of the worst contracts/most overpaid players in the NBA.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:24 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

Who’s crazier?
You for that post. ;) It was just about to die down and blow away and you had to go post that. Tsk tsk.
LOL!

My bad… 100 pages ago!!!

Cap

Post by Cap »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:39 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

Who’s crazier?
Nobody asked you go back to your hole and come back when you’re ready to debate with literally only one person the worst max signing and worst #1 overall pick in Suns history
He’s also the best #1 overall pick in Suns history.

As for max FA contracts, how many other have we had? Gugliotta is the only other one that comes to mind, and I don’t think Ayton was worse. (Book and Paul don’t count, those were extensions and not free agent signings.)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Book absolutely counts…he signed the same rookie max deal…just did it a year earlier. Marion and Amare did too…the difference between it being a restricted offer sheet and an rookie extension means very little when it comes to money and expectations.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Cap wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:21 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:39 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

Who’s crazier?
He’s also the best #1 overall pick in Suns history.

As for max FA contracts, how many other have we had? Gugliotta is the only other one that comes to mind, and I don’t think Ayton was worse. (Book and Paul don’t count, those were extensions and not free agent signings.)
Shut up Cap you’re crazy

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:33 pm
specialsauce wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Split T wrote:
Completely irrelevant if it’s an important part of winning a title. Ishbia doesn’t seem to care that Beal is widely considered one of the worst contracts/most overpaid players in the NBA.
Not completely irrelevant. There’s finite money and therefore completely relevant. Cute though, and love that you didn’t even attempt to dispute that there are no max players that have to be spoon fed.

And that’s Mr 3 Time All Star Bradley Beal to you.

You can’t debate a 3 time all star vs an almost all star if 4 other centers got injured

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:36 pm
JeremyG wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Split T wrote:
Not completely irrelevant. There’s finite money and therefore completely relevant. Cute though, and love that you didn’t even attempt to dispute that there are no max players that have to be spoon fed.

You can’t debate a 3 time all star vs an almost all star if 4 other centers got injured
Lol, ever heard of Rudy Gobert? He's not just a max player. He has a near-supermax contract. And he has way less offensive talent/skills than Ayton.

I was not comparing Ayton and Beal at all. Beal makes way more money than Ayton. I was pointing out that being overpaid is irrelevant to Ishbia.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:39 pm
specialsauce wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Lol, ever heard of Rudy Gobert? He's not just a max player. He has a near-supermax contract. And he has way less offensive talent/skills than Ayton.

I was not comparing Ayton and Beal at all. Beal makes way more money than Ayton. I was pointing out that being overpaid is irrelevant to Ishbia.
Gobert is your argument. Really.

And being overpaid is very relevant to Ishbia. He shares the same thought that you can overpay your superstars but you can’t overpay your role players. All his moves corresponded to that.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:39 pm
specialsauce wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Gobert is also one of the greatest defensive players of his generation.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I will say that it's been hard watching our former draft pick center thrive in a more limited role, scoring efficiently, moving well on D, hitting from the outside and putting up crazy per-minute stats. I feel like if we had invested the time required to develop him properly instead of misunderstanding his skill-set, screwing up his role and giving up on him too quickly, he could be out there contributing some much needed skill as a big. Instead he's doing it for another franchise. I'm talking, of course, about Jalen Smith.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya we hit the trifecta of mistakes with that one

It was a mistake to draft him
It was a mistake to play him at PF
It was a mistake to bail on his development

We really did nothing right with him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Roll call, mofos, who misses Deandre tonight? My man Nurk put up some numbers.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:25 am
Roll call, mofos, who misses Deandre tonight? My man Nurk put up some numbers.
lol Marty just coming in here throwing gas on the fire.

Dominurk for the W!