Ryan out as GM

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: Ryan out as GM

Post by AmareIsGod »

People that think Booker would be a 3rd option on a championship caliber team or would trade him in a package with Doncic are OUT OF THEIR MINDS. He can erupt and take over in a game better than any player in the league. He took a close game with Dallas and made it a blow out by the end in a span of 8 minutes. And it wasn't because of his defense, or lack thereof. The insanity around here sometimes is mind boggling with undervaluing Booker.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:58 am
People that think Booker would be a 3rd option on a championship caliber team or would trade him in a package with Doncic are OUT OF THEIR MINDS. He can erupt and take over in a game better than any player in the league. He took a close game with Dallas and made it a blow out by the end in a span of 8 minutes. And it wasn't because of his defense, or lack thereof. The insanity around here sometimes is mind boggling with undervaluing Booker.
Hell, I've seen "experts" say that Booker's perfect ceiling role is a 6th man on a championship team. It's ridiculous, imo.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:47 am
Doncic won’t ever lead a team. He’ll be a great complementary player to a teams star. Booker is that team star. No comparison.
That's quite the take.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:13 am
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:47 am
Doncic won’t ever lead a team. He’ll be a great complementary player to a teams star. Booker is that team star. No comparison.
That's quite the take.
Please read in Screamin A Smith voice !

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:04 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Hell, I've seen "experts" say that Booker's perfect ceiling role is a 6th man on a championship team. It's ridiculous, imo.
If your team is so stacked that it makes sense to bring Booker off the bench, that would be pretty perfect. But in that case the championship you’re chasing probably doesn’t get you the Larry O’Brien trophy, it gets you the Gold Medal.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:50 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:04 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
If your team is so stacked that it makes sense to bring Booker off the bench, that would be pretty perfect. But in that case the championship you’re chasing probably doesn’t get you the Larry O’Brien trophy, it gets you the Gold Medal.
That makes sense.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Oh as we are on this overrated topic, I just remembered I was to look for this episode on YouTube

First I saw Zach tweet about it during the game when Book was going off that he wonders what the Booker haters gonna say and then here he was back on the topic again 8-) . Chauncey and T-Mac seemed quite baffled by the whole thing also

[youtube][/youtube]

ooops , somebody kindly give me an assist here. what did I do wrong by the way lol
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Cap

Post by Cap »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:42 pm
Oh as we are on this overrated topic, I just remembered I was to look for this episode on YouTube

First I saw Zach tweet about it during the game when Book was going off that he wonders what the Booker haters gonna say and then here he was back on the topic again 8-) . Chauncey and T-Mac seemed quite baffled by the whole thing also

[youtube][/youtube]

ooops , somebody kindly give me an assist here. what did I do wrong by the way lol
The YouTube tag on this site doesn’t like the t= parameter. Strip it and and you can embed the video, but you lose the ability to make it start at a particular point.

[youtube][/youtube]

And since it doesn’t start at your desired point, you just tell everybody where to FF to. (In this case, the 1:12 mark.)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:59 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:42 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

The YouTube tag on this site doesn’t like the t= parameter. Strip it and and you can embed the video, but you lose the ability to make it start at a particular point.

[youtube][/youtube]

And since it doesn’t start at your desired point, you just tell everybody where to FF to. (In this case, the 1:12 mark.)
But honestly, it's better to watch the whole thing as the first part was about Booker and how good he is. And they all scoffed at analytic dudes who don't think that Devin Booker is good.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Good stuff!
"Be Legendary."

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wouldn't trade Booker/Ayton but I would consider dealing Jackson for Doncic. Doncic would thrive more in Kokoskov's system than Jackson will, just my opinion.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

UglyTruth wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:44 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Wouldn't trade Booker/Ayton but I would consider dealing Jackson for Doncic. Doncic would thrive more in Kokoskov's system than Jackson will, just my opinion.
I don’t even think that’s debatable. There’s no way Dallas would ever agree to that.

Cap

Post by Cap »

UglyTruth wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Jackson for Doncic? Heck yeah. And the Mavs could go back to the glory days of stockpiling J’s. Winners all around.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Nobody's underestimating Booker. Just because I think Doncic has a good chance of ending up better than Booker doesn't mean that I don't think Booker's a good player and that I want to get rid of him.

Also, I'm not vying for the GM job, but that's a different discussion that I don't want to start right now.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Cap wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:58 pm
UglyTruth wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Jackson for Doncic? Heck yeah. And the Mavs could go back to the glory days of stockpiling J’s. Winners all around.
???

jamal, ason, jimmy?

Cap

Post by Cap »

SDC wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:23 pm
Cap wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
???

jamal, ason, jimmy?
Special’s av was also on that team.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

The GOAT!

SDC

Post by SDC »

Cap wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:45 pm
SDC wrote:
Cap wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
???

jamal, ason, jimmy?
???

Cap

Post by Cap »

SDC wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:16 pm
Cap wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:45 pm
SDC wrote:
Cap wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:

???

jamal, ason, jimmy?
???
Get out! Get out of here right now! :evil:

I’ve tolerated a lot of nonsense from you, but when you fail to give Popeye Jones his props, you have crossed a line.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Ban em!