Around the League: Week of 3/2-3/9

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Around the League: Week of 3/2-3/9

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:Numbers Never Lie
‏@ESPN_Numbers
LeBron scored 49% of his 61 pts on Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. On Jan 24th, @CarmeloAnthony scored 40% of his 62 pts while defended by @MKG14.
Wow. Pretty damning.
"Be Legendary."

Big Jake Little Jake

Post by Big Jake Little Jake »

To be fair to MKG, I think in both cases the Bobcats somewhat stubbornly refused to double Lebron and Carmelo, or at least did it sparingly. I don't think anybody can guard either of those guys with no help for 40 minutes.

Plus Lebron was just hitting ridiculous threes all night.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Big Jake Little Jake wrote:To be fair to MKG, I think in both cases the Bobcats somewhat stubbornly refused to double Lebron and Carmelo, or at least did it sparingly. I don't think anybody can guard either of those guys with no help for 40 minutes.

Plus Lebron was just hitting ridiculous threes all night.
It must be the new Google face mask technology LeBron is secretly using.
"Be Legendary."

Big Jake Little Jake

Post by Big Jake Little Jake »

Imagine if he had done it in that menacing black mask he wore the game before?

They'd have to at least release an action figure of him or something.

carey

Post by carey »

Beasley was the Heat's leading scorer last night, so of course they lost: http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400489773
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

^& you're still paying him.

& you did a job on him as well. It was okay for Daryl Washington to break his wife's arm and play football. It was okay for Mark Grace to cruise the streets of metro Phoenix for years drunk as a skunk, one DUI after another, a serial drunk driver, but, he's still coaching after the D'Back swore they'd never employ him again. It was okay for Tom Chambers to get his DUI, but, it's like it never happened. Not a word, trotted his white ass out there big as you please.

"One thing I won't put up with is hitting a woman." - Gambo, after the Ray Rice incident.

"If I ever see Chambers name on a police blotter again for DUI, then that will be the end." - Gambo, after the Chambers DUI.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I thought we all agreed we would never speak of M*****l B*****y again. :-)

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

^You never made a place for him at the table, Mori. You railroaded him out of town. You had Media's cooperation and you did it. You did it because he was a sleepy blue eyed black man with a speech impediment who smoked some weed. But, you let wife beaters and drunk drivers slips thru your fingers. You sold Beasley out.

See, this is why I must be here...to set the records straight on so many issues that have gone white washed for years, languished while I was padlocked out of a Joint that i built, made to feel that perhaps I was dead, a living Twilight Zone episode, beseeching one person after another girl to pinch me as I walked the streets of Phoenix.

I was never dead as that damn Swingy had reported. "I never liked Dale, but, I don't want to see any man die before his time. Yes, Dale is dead, but how about that Nashty last night?"

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SuperCoolBeas got plenty, plenty of chances here. We needed him; we tried to make him a centerpiece and give him a big role in the offense. But he hurt us more than he helped us, by far, so we shipped his ass out. Simple as that. I hate paying a guy to leave, but he was an active detriment to our team. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sports is a brutal business. You can't be all nice. If you paint yourselves into a corner because of morality, you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It seems that someone hopes that the Suns stay this course and handcuff themselves, as many other teams don't operate under these conditions.

If you can't help the team, you don't have much of a use to them anymore, and things like DUI's, drug charges and domestic disputes become the reason you dump them. It's the easy way out, but unfortunately in the NBA, you still have to pay the players.

This is another non-issue, except for those with a feeling of superior morality.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
INFORMER wrote:Numbers Never Lie
‏@ESPN_Numbers
LeBron scored 49% of his 61 pts on Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. On Jan 24th, @CarmeloAnthony scored 40% of his 62 pts while defended by @MKG14.
Wow. Pretty damning.
There really isn't much you can do to a guy hitting jumpers.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

carey

Post by carey »

Latest Simmons article on the Sixers tanking job: Here
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Kidd Karma

Post by Kidd Karma »

ha, the thing about Lebron was that he was admittedly tired for the Rockets game.....you can't stop the guy. There aren't many players that can stop some of the greatest players in the league. Michael Jordan won't stop Lebron, you can just contain him and hope the rest of the team doesn't show up. I remember MJ always had trouble against Mitch Richmond, Richmond was physical with MJ, pushing, shoving and the quickness to match defensively. I don't think there is one player out there that can stop Lebron....and that's Lebron. Lebron just decided he need to carry the team to a W.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Thank you Nets for beating the Grizz.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Thank you Nets for beating the Grizz.
Seriously! I would love for this group to make the playoffs. I just think the experience for our young guys would be really beneficial in the long term.

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

Kidd Karma wrote:ha, the thing about Lebron was that he was admittedly tired for the Rockets game.....you can't stop the guy. There aren't many players that can stop some of the greatest players in the league. Michael Jordan won't stop Lebron, you can just contain him and hope the rest of the team doesn't show up. I remember MJ always had trouble against Mitch Richmond, Richmond was physical with MJ, pushing, shoving and the quickness to match defensively. I don't think there is one player out there that can stop Lebron....and that's Lebron. Lebron just decided he need to carry the team to a W.
Pop had him beat last June and let him wriggle off. He holds that trophy in the case and James is reeking of one & done at this very moment. I know, Media doesn't want nor need to go there, but, it doesn't change the facts of Game 6. James is no lead pipe cinchPERIOD

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Lol, I remember some folks on Spurstalk joking that "we never lose a Finals."

Gotta admit, I was happy either way. Either to see the Spurs fans (mainly the Duncan/Ginobili riders) actually face some tribulation, or to see the King humbled once again.

...I do wonder how many of the ST posters will actually stick with the team after the Duncan/Pop era. Timvp/Kori are a given, but I do wonder about the rest.

Ah well, there's something about Suns fandom that is uniquely special to me; the proverbial carrot on the stick...wanna eat the carrot some day fer shure,

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Spurs had some good teams before Duncan and before the Admiral.

Gervin, Special K Kenon years, with Whopper, Bill Paultz. Mark Olberding, Mike Gale and James Silas. Paultz and Olberding were the original Bruise Brothers, before Mahorn and Ruland with the Bullets/Whizz.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

No doubt, I've got nothing but respect for what's been (IMO) probably the best run organization in organized sports for the past 15 + years.

Sure, they drafted Duncan, but it goes way beyond that. Unfortunately, I think D'antoni's matchups with Pop really underscored the differences between the franchises (not to mention coaches).

Now, certain individual players on the Spurs... :twisted:

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:No doubt, I've got nothing but respect for what's been (IMO) probably the best run organization in organized sports for the past 15 + years.

Sure, they drafted Duncan, but it goes way beyond that. Unfortunately, I think D'antoni's matchups with Pop really underscored the differences between the franchises (not to mention coaches).

Now, certain individual players on the Spurs... :twisted:
Please. They're just as dirty as the next a-hole in the line:::

---Neal raped just like Kobe.
---They were wife swapping & fornicating, Parker and Barry.
---Duncan's wife divorced him because he is a homosexual and had his friend living with them for many years.
---They cheated to get Diaw & Jackson last season and then it blew up when Jackson took a fit and Pop had to run him off late.
---They screwed up on Scola and have lived to regret it.
---They are the ones who drafted Dragic. It was not you.
---They were up 5 with 28 seconds left in an elimination Game 6 last June and ended having to give that trophy back.

"best run organization in organized sports" my ass.