Around the League: Week 4 11/5-11/11

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: Around the League: Week 4 11/5-11/11

Post by Cap »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:14 pm
I was born on the A team btw. None of the C or B team crap.
I was born on the 3D team. I’m a pointless gimmick, but if you have money to burn, you can spend some of it on me.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I, too, was born on a team. I'm just not saying which one.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I spent nearly a year fawning for Fultz, so yeah.. not great on my part.

TOO

Post by TOO »

jonh wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:56 am
I was all about Jackson. Being a talent scout is probably not the best career choice for me.
To be fair, the talent isnt the problem for Jackson. It's between the ears. He'll probably figure out what he is 4 or 5 years into the league ala Lance Stephenson.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

TOO

Post by TOO »

The thing i'll never get is the ones who looked at Tatum and didn't see it. He was built for the NBA, effortless offense, length, good athlete and shooter. Damn you Ainge.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:19 pm
The thing i'll never get is the ones who looked at Tatum and didn't see it. He was built for the NBA, effortless offense, length, good athlete and shooter. Damn you Ainge.
I give all the credit to you on Tatum. You were shouting it from the rooftops. Wish I knew who we would have picked had he been available and I'd hope it would have been Tatum.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

I don't think we end up with Ayton had we drafted Tatum, so there is a silver lining.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I wanted Jackson so bad, I couldn’t believe he actually fell to us. I thought his floor was Marion and his ceiling was Pippen. Lol, now I just hope he can turn it around and be a productive NBA player. Ugh.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:19 pm
I don't think there was anyone who didn't think he'd be good. I was one of the lowest on Tatum here on the board, and I thought he'd be good. I just thought Isaac and Jackson made more sense. I thought they'd be better defenders, better creators (in Jackson's case) and better shooters( in Isaac's case) Tatum was always the most gifted scorer, his 3 pt shooting took a huge leap forward which helped.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I was Fox, Tatum, Jackson, Ball. I knew we needed a point guard 17 months ago, and we still do!

I even strongly stated that I think Fox is the best young PG in the league just a couple of months ago, while everyones beloved draft oracle, INFORMER, said that he didn't think he was very good (more or less).

Check my history. My name is my name.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I had LeBron #1 in 2003 and AD #1 in 2012

pickle

Post by pickle »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:08 pm
I spent nearly a year fawning for Fultz, so yeah.. not great on my part.
Honestly don't think anybody could've predicted what happened to Fultz. No amount of scouting would've done the trick. I can however claim with absolute certainly no home schooled kid will ever go #1 overall in an NBA draft again.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Cap wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:49 pm
ShelC wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:14 pm
I was born on the A team btw. None of the C or B team crap.
I was born on the 3D team. I’m a pointless gimmick, but if you have money to burn, you can spend some of it on me.
I am on the 2D team, Japanese anime style.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:17 pm
jonh wrote:
I was all about Jackson. Being a talent scout is probably not the best career choice for me.
To be fair, the talent isnt the problem for Jackson. It's between the ears. He'll probably figure out what he is 4 or 5 years into the league ala Lance Stephenson.
To be fair, Jackson doesn't have the same issues as Lance. I know that he has taken a step back from end of last year when he put up gaudier stats, but if he's becoming a more disciplined player and making the right reads, then I'm all for it. I know that I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to the talent on our team, but I'd like to think of this as Jackson's actual rookie year. If he were a 21 year old rookie this year who still needs some bad habits rooted out of him, this is about the output I would expect out of him, and I'd just cheer for some of the plus plays he makes on the court.

The one part of Kokoskov's reputation I was really excited about is player development. Maybe he can work his magic on Jackson. I'm a horrible talent scout, but from what I've seen, Jackson could really benefit from putting on some weight so he isn't pushed around so much. Once that happens I think his defensive impact will be there, which will give him confidence to stay on the court, and hopefully Kokoskov can root the wild drives out of his game, and he can start being a plus on offense too. I guess the all star game is not in his future, but it doesn't mean that he will never become an integral part of a contending team. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

TOO

Post by TOO »

pickle wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:53 pm
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:17 pm
jonh wrote:
To be fair, Jackson doesn't have the same issues as Lance. I know that he has taken a step back from end of last year when he put up gaudier stats, but if he's becoming a more disciplined player and making the right reads, then I'm all for it. I know that I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to the talent on our team, but I'd like to think of this as Jackson's actual rookie year. If he were a 21 year old rookie this year who still needs some bad habits rooted out of him, this is about the output I would expect out of him, and I'd just cheer for some of the plus plays he makes on the court.

The one part of Kokoskov's reputation I was really excited about is player development. Maybe he can work his magic on Jackson. I'm a horrible talent scout, but from what I've seen, Jackson could really benefit from putting on some weight so he isn't pushed around so much. Once that happens I think his defensive impact will be there, which will give him confidence to stay on the court, and hopefully Kokoskov can root the wild drives out of his game, and he can start being a plus on offense too. I guess the all star game is not in his future, but it doesn't mean that he will never become an integral part of a contending team. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
If Jackson just focused on defending and doing little things like rebounding doing the dirty work like his buddy Draymond, I feel like I'd like him a whole lot more than I currently do.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I think it's human nature for young kids who are highly touted coming out of college and drafted in the top 5 to have higher expectations for themselves than just a dirty worker, if you will. It's up to the team and the coach to sit him down and teach him to take his career one step at a time, to play to his strengths and then develop the other facets of his game, hopefully giving him a road map of which skills to improve first to earn a bigger role on the team, be it minutes or touches.

Something tells me the Suns didn't do any of that last year... so I'm not turning on Josh yet, even though I did drop him from my dynasty league fantasy team.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:39 pm
I even strongly stated that I think Fox is the best young PG in the league just a couple of months ago, while everyones beloved draft oracle, INFORMER, said that he didn't think he was very good (more or less).
Nice.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:59 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:39 pm
Nice.
8-)
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:28 pm
I had LeBron #1 in 2003 and AD #1 in 2012
Sp|itT for GM!
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."