Game Day: Suns (4-20) @ Blazers (13-11), Thurs 12/6/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day: Suns (4-20) @ Blazers (13-11), Thurs 12/6/18

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:53 pm
Remember when we beat Milwaukee and we thought this team was turning the corner?
Man, Bobster is in the corner sharpening his stick and then jabs us in the ribs.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:31 pm
Something going on there between Bridges and Igor - Don't know if Bridges was upset about the foul or what, but Igor didn't look to pleased.
Missed it while watching the game. They showed it a couple times on TNT Inside the NBA. Bridges kept trying to walk away and coach kept staying in front of him and continued to talk. Not good. Maybe frustration from both of them.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:09 pm
da_suns_fan wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:06 pm
Poor Al McCoy.
If anyone deserves better, it's him.
The ultimate F you from Sarver would be for him to alienate Al McCoy. That would be the final piece of the puzzle to dismantle the Phoenix Suns.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am pretty die hard fan and will sit through just about any Suns game usually, but tonight, I stopped watching after the first quarter.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This clip is a little longer of the Kokoskov/Bridges incident:

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hey remember how we got an interview from Budenholzer and then he got the F outta here and took a different job? Yeah. We could have had Coach Bud, but little Bobby Saver had to have his way.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:43 am
Hey remember how we got an interview from Budenholzer and then he got the F outta here and took a different job? Yeah. We could have had Coach Bud, but little Bobby Saver had to have his way.
I honestly think Bud knew he wouldn't do much better on this team with Sarver micromanaging him, which is why he rather took another job. Kokoskov didn't have another head coaching job to take and tried anyway. I wonder if (how much) he regrets it.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

This team clearly isn't playing for the coach. I don't think you can fire Igor tho at this point because I don't see any other options at coach to change things. I know we're down Booker and TJ and don't have a PG, but teams don't consistently lose like this; only ones that have given up on their coach and want to see him fired lose this way.

That video clip of Igor-Bridges...Bridges clearly didn't want to hear what Igor had to say and Igor wouldn't let it go. Bridges put his hands up like "I'm not touching you/pushing you away" while Igor was kinda holding him back and getting in front of him. On the bright side, at least Igor stayed in front of his man?

carey

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:14 am
This team clearly isn't playing for the coach. I don't think you can fire Igor tho at this point because I don't see any other options at coach to change things. I know we're down Booker and TJ and don't have a PG, but teams don't consistently lose like this; only ones that have given up on their coach and want to see him fired lose this way.

That video clip of Igor-Bridges...Bridges clearly didn't want to hear what Igor had to say and Igor wouldn't let it go. Bridges put his hands up like "I'm not touching you/pushing you away" while Igor was kinda holding him back and getting in front of him. On the bright side, at least Igor stayed in front of his man?
Yo, solid Joke, Indy.

I still think you have to fire him. We need to bring in a tough motherfucker because this is the softest group of guys I've ever seen. I am not particularly fond of Kidd or Skiles but that's the kind of guy you need right now. Bring them in and teach these young pups then get yourselves the player coach in a couple of years to take them over the hump. That seems to be the NBA trend anyway.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In terms of the coach, if Igor isn't the guy, who should we have hired? Fizdale?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t think fizdale wanted the job either. He had eyes for New York. My first choice was always Jay Wright, but he also didn’t want the job. Right now we need a coach that can motivate these guys to play hard every night. Not sure who that is, but Igor isn’t doing it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The Suns are bad, and I'm not reporting any breaking news. It's a complete dumpster fire right now.

I thought that Melton looked good when he was paired up with a couple other good defenders. It's funny to say, but Bender is our best defending PF on the roster and actually plays well with Melton, Bridges, and Holmes. He's even pretty decent with Ayton and I think they play well off each other.

Okobo was not good again tonight. I think I would go Melton, Bridges, Ariza, Bender, and Ayton at this point. Holmes will provide that nice push off the bench with Crawford, Jackson and Daniels. They are having a tough time without Warren and Booker to establish an identity. Maybe defense could be their identity.

Keep pushing Ayton to become better and push past the limits that he's placed on himself.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:14 am

I don't think anybody here wants to see Joe Prunty coach this team the rest of the year. I think we need to let it play out.
"Be Legendary."

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I still think Igor's a good coach and an integral part of the future. But Sarver, Jones, and he have to get on the same page. But I get the sense that Igor needs a functioning point guard, Jones is looking for some killer deal that will never come, and Sarver is just all in on "Point Book." I just think that the play on the floor completely represents the dysfunction and lack of communication between the owner, GM, and coach.

Unfortunately, the one that I think needs to go the most (Sarver) is the hardest to get rid of.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We absolutely need to fix the PG situation. My #1 choice would be to throw money at free agent Rubio from the Jazz. I have to admit that I'm pretty happy they are mediocre so far this year so that there's some chance he might be willing to leave. I think he'd be awesome here. (insert hunky Rubio photo here)

Short of Rubio, I'd take somebody like McConnell or Dimwiddie, though not quite as excited about them. I also really hoped we'd get Kemba Walker, but he seems to have had such a great start to the season that there's no way they would trade him now. Pity.

I'm scared we'll trade for John Wall. That just feels like something impulsive Sarver would do. Probably after the local media goes after him for being cheap, he'll trade for Wall to "show them" that he isn't a cheapskate and he's willing to pay for a big contract.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:40 pm
Short of Rubio, I'd take somebody like McConnell or Dimwiddie, though not quite as excited about them. I also really hoped we'd get Kemba Walker, but he seems to have had such a great start to the season that there's no way they would trade him now. Pity.
Dinwiddie isn't going to want to come here if you keep calling him that.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:32 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:40 pm
Dinwiddie isn't going to want to come here if you keep calling him that.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

carey

Post by carey »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:45 pm
Gambo's epic rant today: https://omny.fm/shows/burns-gambo/going ... n-the-suns
I heard it and... he's not wrong? This team is beaten before they step out there every night and you can tell.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I love how he literally told the old lady in the grocery store that he would rather have her on the court because she was moving faster than Deandre Ayton! :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.