Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by ShelC »

I was just being funny. I was under the impression we could have both guys if we stretched Tyler. Maybe we will. Seems like an easy decision.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:19 pm
I was just being funny. I was under the impression we could have both guys if we stretched Tyler. Maybe we will. Seems like an easy decision.
Not funny, Shel...not funny. smh

;)
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:39 pm
ShelC wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:34 pm
"Ok Devin, take your pick - Kelly or D'Angelo".

Could you imagine Devin's reaction if we don't even make a play for Russell and then decide not to match Kelly.
I've seen this around a lot. Why does he have to make a choice? Because they expect Kelly to get an offer of $20 mil per? If they stretch Tyler or dump Josh and Okobo, they could pay DLo and match or sign Kelly.
I don’t expect them to be able to offload Josh and Okobo. Josh didn’t have a ton of value before his offseason issues and is an albatross contract now. Okobo didn’t do anything let season to warrant guaranteed money. If I’m James Jones id be cashing in some favors. Let’s see LA and Miami owe us each one by my count.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

djy2j wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:44 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:39 pm
ShelC wrote:

Could you imagine Devin's reaction if we don't even make a play for Russell and then decide not to match Kelly.
I've seen this around a lot. Why does he have to make a choice? Because they expect Kelly to get an offer of $20 mil per? If they stretch Tyler or dump Josh and Okobo, they could pay DLo and match or sign Kelly.
I don’t expect them to be able to offload Josh and Okobo. Josh didn’t have a ton of value before his offseason issues and is an albatross contract now. Okobo didn’t do anything let season to warrant guaranteed money. If I’m James Jones id be cashing in some favors. Let’s see LA and Miami owe us each one by my count.
Good point. Let's get Josh to LA. Time to return the favor, LeBron.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I’d rather offer 80+ to Brogdan and pull him away from the Bucks and let Oubre walk. Brogdan will always be trade able for any team with cap space so long as he’s healthy. Bridges is capable to start and in my view has higher ceiling than Oubre.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Over $15M/year for Oubre is questionable. Over $18M/year is dangerous. Over $20M/year is negligent.

They MUST let him go if another team offers $18M+/year.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Kelly tweeted this out and then deleted it

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:06 pm
Kelly tweeted this out and then deleted it

I don’t see Tweets. What did it say??

carey

Post by carey »

Well an eggplant is a dick so it means Woj is a dick. Unless it’s supposed to be a bomb.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:45 pm
Well an eggplant is a dick so it means Woj is a dick. Unless it’s supposed to be a bomb. Image
An eggplant is a boner so it means Woj is sexy.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t know where the eggplant one came from. The one I posted(not sure why it won’t load) was a bomb. Screen shot from a couple different suns bloggers.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea that's weird. Kellan Olson posted a shot of it with the bomb.

Either way, maybe Oubre will just sign a deal with us and not even listen to teams.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:22 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:40 am
Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:29 am
O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:39 am
Shabazz wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:18 pm

Every season you can make the argument for why "this year will be different."
And he does!
I just find life more enjoyable being optimistic. If we end up sucking, at least I had these 4 months of hope. Being pessimistic would mean I could possibly waste 4 months being pissed at how much we suck to find out we didn’t actually suck.

Truth is, none of us know exactly how this plays out. Everyone in the entire world(including our own front office) thought that 13-14 suns team would suck. They won 48 games. Everyone also thought last year’s Kings team would suck. They didn’t. Everyone, outside of suns fandom, will expect us to suck next year, but I think we’ve made enough adjustments that we won’t.
I'm with you, Split!
And we appreciate all the positive fans that keep this site worth logging into.

I've tried to be an optimist over the last few summers, but I ran out of hope about 20 games into the season last year. Here's to a season when the optimists are right!

Cheers! First pitcher is on me after we win our first championship.
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

djy2j wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:47 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:50 pm
Ya, we are set up pretty nicely to strike big in 2020 or 2021 free agency. A big reason why I don’t think we need to do anything drastic this free agency. Just sign a competent pg to a 2 year deal and go from there.
Suns have spent like 4 years “setting themselves up” for a big move. Time is up. Need to stop dithering, be concise, and go out and get another piece to build on.

I’m not a huge DLo fan but Booker wants him, it’ll keep him happy, and he fills a huge need so go and do it. No more stop gaps. That means no Collison; Joseph, Rubio, or whoever else Gambo has advocated we make a run at. I’d rather make a bold move and have it backfire then spend another 4 seasons wallowing without direction.

Tick tock
This is shortsighted. What will keep Booker happy is to be on a contender. Bringing in his buddy is just momentary pacification.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:46 pm
Russell already took a bunch of nobodies to 42 wins and the playoffs. Imagine what he could do with Ayton and Booker.
That is a false narrative. Kenny Atkinson is doing a tremendous coaching job and has built a great culture there, and the Nets have gotten good play from like 10 guys. LaVert, Dinwiddie, Harris, Allen, etc. They all played well.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

n4th4n wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:47 pm
ShelC wrote:

We have to stop treating Devin with kid gloves and giving him agency in personnel decisions. He is simply not the level of player you give that power to.
THANK YOU!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:29 pm
Oubre's a 3rd star worth 20-24mil on a good team.
Shel, he has been mediocre his entire career. A guy doesn't achieve "3rd star" status based on a few months of good basketball on a terrible team.

Paying that for Oubre is nuts. I would let him walk. And if the Suns didn't have a strong indication they could retain him, then not keeping 6 a picking Culver will seem absolutely silly.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
djy2j wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:47 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:50 pm
Ya, we are set up pretty nicely to strike big in 2020 or 2021 free agency. A big reason why I don’t think we need to do anything drastic this free agency. Just sign a competent pg to a 2 year deal and go from there.
Suns have spent like 4 years “setting themselves up” for a big move. Time is up. Need to stop dithering, be concise, and go out and get another piece to build on.

I’m not a huge DLo fan but Booker wants him, it’ll keep him happy, and he fills a huge need so go and do it. No more stop gaps. That means no Collison; Joseph, Rubio, or whoever else Gambo has advocated we make a run at. I’d rather make a bold move and have it backfire then spend another 4 seasons wallowing without direction.

Tick tock
This is shortsighted. What will keep Booker happy is to be on a contender. Bringing in his buddy is just momentary pacification.
Dudley had an interesting thing to say about why we shouldn’t go after DLo. We shouldn’t blow all our remaining cap room on one guy. He thought we should go after Pat Beverley.
"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:55 pm
ShelC wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:29 pm
Oubre's a 3rd star worth 20-24mil on a good team.
Shel, he has been mediocre his entire career. A guy doesn't achieve "3rd star" status based on a few months of good basketball on a terrible team.

Paying that for Oubre is nuts. I would let him walk. And if the Suns didn't have a strong indication they could retain him, then not keeping 6 a picking Culver will seem absolutely silly.
Bill Duffy has a long track record of being a reasonable agent with a good relationship with the Suns -- even under Sarver. I wouldn't expect anything over 18 million, although 15 million is possible. I'd expect less.