2019 NBA Playoffs

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs First Round

Post by Indy »

Harden only played 34 minutes last night. I will be surprised if it doesn't go 7 games.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I thought the Rockets lost that game with their focus set on the refs after the game before. It was like when the Suns lost their focus on the Spurs back in the day and allowed their angst to be on how they got screwed by the refs or the league. I guess I wasn't surprised that they lost this game, but I also feel like they will play much better in Houston coming up. I don't know if it will go 7 games, but this series is closer than the results of the last 2 games, imo.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:53 am
I thought the Rockets lost that game with their focus set on the refs after the game before. It was like when the Suns lost their focus on the Spurs back in the day and allowed their angst to be on how they got screwed by the refs or the league. I guess I wasn't surprised that they lost this game, but I also feel like they will play much better in Houston coming up. I don't know if it will go 7 games, but this series is closer than the results of the last 2 games, imo.
Which were both close. There was a wide open 3 that would have cut it to 1 with less than a couple minutes left.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:12 pm
In2ition wrote:
Which were both close. There was a wide open 3 that would have cut it to 1 with less than a couple minutes left.
You're right, it wouldn't have surprised me all that much to see Houston with the 2-0 lead coming out of Oakland. But, it's GS with the 2-0 lead and what seems like a huge lead at the moment. Big enough that Marty is predicting a 4-1 series win.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:17 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
You're right, it wouldn't have surprised me all that much to see Houston with the 2-0 lead coming out of Oakland. But, it's GS with the 2-0 lead and what seems like a huge lead at the moment. Big enough that Marty is predicting a 4-1 series win.
In other news, water is wet.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:02 pm
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
OH....[clutches heart}

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:36 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:02 pm
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
OH....[clutches heart}

:lol:

Split T

Post by Split T »

Bucks seem to be taking control of series...could get Brogdon back for game 4. Could be huge!

Split T

Post by Split T »

32/13/8/3/2 from Giannis....I think he’s figured out Boston

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I’m pulling for Toronto, but would love Milwaukee to win the title as well.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Toronto hasn’t looked as good as I thought. They’re in trouble with Philly

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Toronto is never good in the playoffs.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

C'mon Raptors, give us Monty ASAP.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

We are 8.4 seconds away from the first quadruple-overtime playoff game since 1953!
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

4 OTs, crazy long game. My wife is wondering when I'm coming to bed.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:54 pm
4 OTs, crazy long game. My wife is wondering when I'm coming to bed.
I got home late tonight and just finished watching the game. I had only added an hour to my broadcast so it ran out with 1:30 left in the 4th OT. Had to go to my NBA LP app to watch the end. Wow. That game could decide the series. Denver now has to win game 4.
"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Jokic rested for 3 minutes total. That's very little even for a game without OT, I hope he's able to recover.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Toronto is frustrating to watch, because they are a better built team in terms of player fit and skillset. But Philly just has more talented starters. I'd love for Siakam to take over the series, but it's not going to happen.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

O_Gardino wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:08 am
Toronto is frustrating to watch, because they are a better built team in terms of player fit and skillset. But Philly just has more talented starters. I'd love for Siakam to take over the series, but it's not going to happen.
Toronto was supposed to have the better bench in this series, but that has not the case so far.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hermen wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:27 am
O_Gardino wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:08 am
Toronto was supposed to have the better bench in this series, but that has not the case so far.
I thought for sure the ECF would be Milwaukee/Toronto. But almost nobody has shown up for the Raptors. Gasol hasn't given them what they need and Lowry is performing his annual postseason choke job. I feel bad for the franchise because this lackluster playoff performance is probably guaranteeing that Kawhi will leave. If they had gone to the Finals, say, wouldn't he have to at least consider staying and being part of a perennial Finals team? But now with nobody really stepping up rather than a rookie, I don't see any chance that he stays. Poor Raps. In the long run they probably should have just kept DeMar who loved the city and wanted to retire a Raptor.