Around the League: The Off-season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Around the League: The Off-season

Post by Split T »

If they want to pair D-Lo and Kyrie, I’ll take Dinwiddie off their hands

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Do you think that they would have to get rid of Dinwiddie if they sign Kyrie? It seems like they want to play DLo and Kyrie together, with Dinwiddie off the bench, but it may be a salary issue that makes it not possible.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 9:44 am
Do you think that they would have to get rid of Dinwiddie if they sign Kyrie? It seems like they want to play DLo and Kyrie together, with Dinwiddie off the bench, but it may be a salary issue that makes it not possible.
I just think he’s stuck in the 24 mpg range backing up Kyrie and D-Lo. They still have enough space to sign Kyrie and bring back D-Lo without trading Dinwiddie though.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:06 am
In2ition wrote:
I just think he’s stuck in the 24 mpg range backing up Kyrie and D-Lo. They still have enough space to sign Kyrie and bring back D-Lo without trading Dinwiddie though.
Yeah, the minutes might become an issue for Dinwiddie, but who knows? Kyrie seems like he misses about 20 games a year. Having 3 good pgs and combo guards may work(although it didn't work in Phx, but that might have been more a problem with McD).
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Dlo only played 30 mpg last year, and Kyrie was at 33. I think they have enough minutes to go around. But they might have to find a new home for Crabbe and Joe Harris. Crabbe is set to make 18.5M next year...

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:19 am
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Dlo only played 30 mpg last year, and Kyrie was at 33. I think they have enough minutes to go around. But they might have to find a new home for Crabbe and Joe Harris. Crabbe is set to make 18.5M next year...
Ya it’s doable...you could play them all 32 minutes, but like you said, that takes all the guard minutes and leaves nothing for Harris/Crabbe. They’d have to play all their minutes at the 3.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:17 am
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Yeah, the minutes might become an issue for Dinwiddie, but who knows? Kyrie seems like he misses about 20 games a year. Having 3 good pgs and combo guards may work(although it didn't work in Phx, but that might have been more a problem with McD).
Ya, it’d be a nice problem for them to have. Russell and dinwiddie are both bigger and can play the 2 easier. But if we offer something that is more useful to them, they might bite. Could they use Warren?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Sounds a lot like our 3 pg experiment.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Honestly don't know why the Nets want Kyrie and/or vice versa. Seems like an odd fit. Wonder if it's just BS or some misdirection.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I honestly think the Lakers are fucked for the foreseeable future.

The ownership and front office are a mess. There are too many people who think they should be calling the shots, and it's likely that no one truly respects Jeanie Buss as a leader of the organization. That kind of culture is extremely difficult to change, probably impossible.

LeBron James didn't go to the LA for the Lakers, he went there to sew seeds of becoming a mogul. He already has one eye on the next phase of his career/life. Besides Anthony Davis, I don't think there are any many young stars who want to play in his shadow. Maybe they can scrap together some guys from his generation who are in the twilight of their career, but that definitely doesn't make them an instant contender.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Tue May 28, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Hook this Lakers stuff to my fucking veins.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Love it!
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Jerry Buss was a great owner. Odd that his kids should be such a clusterfuck.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:57 pm
Isn't that how it goes though? Bill Bidwill's dad was a good owner, but he was terrible. Seems that Michael has turned the corner from his dad.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 5:54 pm
Cap wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:57 pm
Isn't that how it goes though? Bill Bidwill's dad was a good owner, but he was terrible. Seems that Michael has turned the corner from his dad.
Bold Odysseus and meek Telemachus, Okwanko and whatever his son's name is. "Hot fire begets cold ash," or something.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:48 am
Honestly don't know why the Nets want Kyrie and/or vice versa. Seems like an odd fit. Wonder if it's just BS or some misdirection.
Yeah, I agree. It seems like the Nets already have a pretty good guard rotation. Maybe they think Kyrie is even better? And I'm not sure why Kyrie thinks he will move the needle for that team. Maybe if they also got Durant, but I don't think they have the cap space to sign both. Doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Maybe misdirection as you say, to get the Knicks to up their offer or otherwise alter their behavior.

If somehow Kyrie does end up there, I echo the voices of others in saying that we should go after Dinwiddie. But I'm guessing we'd rather just sign an FA PG rather than trade for one? Not sure. I tried to plug it into the ESPN NBA Trade Machine but it didn't show Spencer's new contract so I couldn't try it.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Dinwiddie signed a 3 year 34 mil contract which lines up nicely with TJ's. Thing is the Nets need a PF and Durant would be the perfect fit for them (and everyone else).

I just know the Nets are all about culture and Dinwiddie's a big part of that. For that reason, them signing Kyrie and then dealing Dinwiddie goes against just about everything they've built up the past 3-4 seasons. But teams do stupid things when it comes to superstars/free agents.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

What do you guys think about a potential Conley for Randle trade? Would either team do it? I think it could make a ton of sense for both teams.
Memphis gets a scorer who may be a good fit next to JJJ, frees the starting spot for Morant, and a little salary relief.
NOP gets a solid PG who can make the game easier for Zion and mentor the young PG they draft next year.