Whom to pick at 6

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Assuming we keep the pick, who do you want at 6?

Jarrett Culver
24%
Darius Garland
16%
Deandre Hunter
3%
Coby White
5%
Cam Reddish
3%
Brandon Clarke
22%
Nassir Little
No votes
Nickeil Alexander-Walker
No votes
PJ Washington
No votes
Goga Bitadze
3%
The Suns are idiots if they keep this pick
24%

Total votes: 37

Flagrant Fowl

Re: Who to pick at 6

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I agree with Marty, Gambo is a tool in every sense of the word. There's possibly a sliver of truth in his reporting, but he's clearly the organizational mouthpiece in the media so his information on stuff like draft rumors has to be taken with a huge grain of salt. That is, if the FO is smart enough to play him that way.

Regarding White, I've been waiting for that type of news about the Suns. I was expecting it to be about Cam Reddish, but White makes sense too. They should be hyping up a guy who's a target for Washington, Atlanta, Minnesota, and other teams in the late lottery. Scare them into believing the Suns will take their guy to facilitate a trade.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I hope you’re right

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Gambo's reporting of White doesn't really make sense when you consider that the FO went to Lubbock to visit Culver and just had Clarke in for 48 hours. There's been nothing from the Suns about meeting with White so far, yet he's the guy they are targeting?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:35 pm
Gambo's reporting of White doesn't really make sense when you consider that the FO went to Lubbock to visit Culver and just had Clarke in for 48 hours. There's been nothing from the Suns about meeting with White so far, yet he's the guy they are targeting?
He thinks they are targeting Clarke or Culver if they trade down. If they stay at 6, they will take White (according to Gambo).
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:52 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
He thinks they are targeting Clarke or Culver if they trade down. If they stay at 6, they will take White (according to Gambo).
That makes even less sense with Culver since I think it's more likely that he'll be off the board before the Suns pick.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:01 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:52 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
That makes even less sense with Culver since I think it's more likely that he'll be off the board before the Suns pick.
That’s what I thought too!
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:31 pm
According to Gambo, the Suns are going to end up picking Coby White.
...I think I'm going to be sick...
Apparently that is who ESPN 2's mock draft had us picking and everybody thought it was a great pick.
"Be Legendary."

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:33 pm
In2ition wrote:
Apparently that is who ESPN 2's mock draft had us picking and everybody thought it was a great pick.
Dinwiddie for Bridges and filler, then Draft Culver with 6th. Is that nuts?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:52 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I like Dinwiddie, but I don’t want to trade Bridges

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:54 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:52 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I like Dinwiddie, but I don’t want to trade Bridges
You’re probably right. The dude is looking good this offseason. He’s gonna be a player. I think his ceiling is pretty high as far as becoming an excellent 3 and D player.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The only way they'd trade Bridges is if they're getting back a youngish All-Star or elite veteran. Of course I'm implying a multi-player deal/picks.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I think I would take Aaron Holiday over White if they were in the same draft.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:07 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:26 pm
Isaiah Thomas.
It's a great idea if you're interested in destroying Ayton's development.
AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:36 am
Isaiah Thomas? Yuck, Informer. Is that really you? Was your account hacked?
:lol:

I'm honestly fine with taking a flyer on him. I didn't have a problem with him while he was here and he was tremendous in Boston. He probably will never reach that level again, but I still think he could be an effective player.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

My preference for right now is to move #6 to Atlanta for #10/#17.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:02 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:07 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:26 pm
Isaiah Thomas.
It's a great idea if you're interested in destroying Ayton's development.
AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:36 am
Isaiah Thomas? Yuck, Informer. Is that really you? Was your account hacked?
:lol:

I'm honestly fine with taking a flyer on him. I didn't have a problem with him while he was here and he was tremendous in Boston. He probably will never reach that level again, but I still think he could be an effective player.
I remember watching it play out and then verifying it with the data afterwards - he ran a significant amount of pick-and-roll with Len and almost never passed him the ball. It was an alarmingly low rate. He both couldn't and wouldn't pass over or around the defender to Len. It was infuriating. It was like every pick was about getting IT the best shot instead of the team.

That's an OK philosophy when you're running P-n-R with Aaron Baynes. I don't want it for Ayton.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:17 pm
The only way they'd trade Bridges is if they're getting back a youngish All-Star or elite veteran. Of course I'm implying a multi-player deal/picks.
I would trade Bridges for Dinwiddie. But I get it that a lot of folks here wouldn't, and I can see that it'd be a tough call. IMO you gotta give something to get something and it'd be hard to get Dinwiddie without giving up a strong asset like Bridges. Preferably I'd want to see if Brooklyn would let us send them #6 or some other asset rather than Bridges.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:49 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:17 pm
I would trade Bridges for Dinwiddie. But I get it that a lot of folks here wouldn't, and I can see that it'd be a tough call. IMO you gotta give something to get something and it'd be hard to get Dinwiddie without giving up a strong asset like Bridges. Preferably I'd want to see if Brooklyn would let us send them #6 or some other asset rather than Bridges.
I'd think long and hard about a straight swap because I think they'll both likely end up as similar high level role playing starters. The perfect kind of guy as a 3rd or 4th option on offense that you know won't make a lot of mistakes. However, for as good of a contract as Dinwiddie is on, it's no where as near as team friendly as Bridges. So I think that makes Bridges a more valuable asset for the Suns.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:11 pm
My preference for right now is to move #6 to Atlanta for #10/#17.
I agree that this is the right move. If draft picks after #5 tend to be crap shoots, why not get two shots at it?

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:41 pm
Wormwood wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:53 am
I want Darius Garland. He's a PG with good handles and he's reportedly a good shooter. That's exactly what we need.
Won't he likely be gone by #6? I could see either LAL or CLE taking him.
He probably will be gone. Which is why I'd be happier trading down and taking Clarke at a reasonable spot (not #6)

Culver is another wing that won't play and won't help our PG situation. White is a chucker without much court vision. We have a team full of those already and we sucked.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

It's telling about this draft that we've had multiple people asking what makes White a good prospect and not even one positive answer. Yet he will go in the top 10.

I see white a a scoring combo guard who can create his own shot and make decent passes. He's a good shooter. His ceiling in the nba depends on how well he can get his shot off. If he can add the strength and coordination to get himself open, he can become a good player.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan