2020 NBA Prospects

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

2020 NBA Prospects

Post by Split T »

Hopefully this thread won’t be as exciting for us as suns fans this year, but some interesting things to talk about. ESPN has updated their prospect rankings and a few things stand out.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/ ... -contender

Insider article, so I’ll summarize:

1. Loaded at lead guard, with 6 of the top 8 being point guards or combo guards(Cole Anthony, Anthony Edwards, Theo Maledon, RJ Hampton, Lamelo Ball, Nico Mannion)

2. Lamelo as the #3 ranked prospect and potential #1 overall pick. I’ve heard some Doncic comps as he’s grown to 6’7. He’s playing in Australia this year, as is RJ Hampton. Both are big lead guards.

3. James Wiseman is #1, a 7’1 C prospect. The other non lead guard in the top 8 is 6’9 Israeli wing Deni Avdija.

Probably not much to gain for talking about what the suns will do. It’s too far away, we won’t know where we’ll be picking, or what our needs will be. I still like to hear how these guys are doing and finding the under the radar prospects.

Anyone going under the radar we should keep an eye on this year?

Shabazz

Re: 2020 NBA Prospects

Post by Shabazz »

I like what I saw out of Tyrese Haliburton.

I've also been following Avdija for a little while. He's a little like Saric, but with a more well-rounded game, a worse shot and better D.

Mori Chu

Re: 2020 NBA Prospects

Post by Mori Chu »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:52 pm
I like what I saw out of Tyrese Haliburton.
He has a well-oiled game. I saw him doing shooting drills, and he really attacked a-rack of balls to shoot! Then they had Haliburton come in and clean up afterward. He took special care to soak up all the oil the players left behind on the court. The training staff greeted him as a liberator.