Phoenix Suns Media Day 2019 - Monday, Sept 30

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Phoenix Suns Media Day 2019 - Monday, Sept 30

Post by Superbone »

https://www.nba.com/suns/now

The start of festivities is finally upon us! No more Lin puns. Post all media day content here.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Re: Phoenix Suns Media Day 2019 - Monday, Sept 30

Post by Superbone »

Suns Media Day is from 12 pm - 2 pm according to this:

https://www.nba.com/nba-team-media-day- ... edule-2019
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Bright side of the Sun says it starts at 10am Arizona time

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:24 am

The start of festivities is finally upon us! No more Lin puns. Post all media day content here.
Are you sure that this is the right link? It's usually the link for live streaming content but it seems to be for an upcoming pre-season game at the moment?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

carey wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:15 am
Superbone wrote:

Are you sure that this is the right link? It's usually the link for live streaming content but it seems to be for an upcoming pre-season game at the moment?
Looks like you have to be in Arizona to watch it. I connected with a VPN & think it will work.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:18 am
carey wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:15 am
Superbone wrote:

Looks like you have to be in Arizona to watch it. I connected with a VPN & think it will work.
The link is live now. I’m seeing it fine here from California.
"Be Legendary."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Booker looks to be better conditioned than last year - let's hope we can say the same for Ayton.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Couple things that stood out from the social media reporting...Monty said he doesn't want Ayton to be seen as or relied upon to be a leader just yet. He's still young and should focus on the game, leadership will come. I like that sentiment and with vets like Rubio and Baynes, plus "young vets" like Booker, Oubre and Kaminsky, they should be setting the tone and helping Ayton improve.

Monty also said Rubio would be the primary ballhandler but he'd let Rubio and Booker kind of figure things out on the court as they go.

James Jones said they didn't put the team in a position to succeed last year with so many young guys and Devin being asked to do so much.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:13 am
Couple things that stood out from the social media reporting...Monty said he doesn't want Ayton to be seen as or relied upon to be a leader just yet. He's still young and should focus on the game, leadership will come. I like that sentiment and with vets like Rubio and Baynes, plus "young vets" like Booker, Oubre and Kaminsky, they should be setting the tone and helping Ayton improve.

Monty also said Rubio would be the primary ballhandler but he'd let Rubio and Booker kind of figure things out on the court as they go.

James Jones said they didn't put the team in a position to succeed last year with so many young guys and Devin being asked to do so much.
I remember at the time they were drafted and when they brought in Melton that they had way too many rookies and that wasn't how you switch to being a better team, but of course I thought they were going to trade for a PG and I thought that Ariza, Anderson, and Chandler were going to be better, which was flatly wrong.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Oubre and Bridges both out with "discomfort". Sucks these guys workout all summer and then things like this pop up first day of camp. Hopefully nothing serious for either. Would really be unfortunate missing one or both for an extended period of time when we need these guys to gel as quickly as possible.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Is there something that we don't know going on?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

If Monty flops and we're dysfunctional/not competitive, yea it's certainly a possibility things go south with Book. I don't like the Houston comparison. More like Brandon Roy imo.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:03 pm
ShelC wrote:

I remember at the time they were drafted and when they brought in Melton that they had way too many rookies and that wasn't how you switch to being a better team, but of course I thought they were going to trade for a PG and I thought that Ariza, Anderson, and Chandler were going to be better, which was flatly wrong.
Frankly, our GM at the time should have known better.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:54 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:03 pm
ShelC wrote:

Frankly, our GM at the time should have known better.
He had no clue it wouldn't work. Remember when he thought he put together a team that was going to tank hard? That team won 48 games.

How about when he thought if 2 starting PGs was good, 3 must be better?

How about when he drafted a Canadian PG because he thought he had Toronto over the barrel and would get something good back?

How about when signed Tyson Chandler and hired Earl Watson thinking that was going put him over the top on signing LaMarcus Aldridge?

How about when he thought it was a good idea to draft 2 PFs that required a lot of development in the same draft?

He's clearly a basketball idiot. It's amazing he wasn't fired sooner.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Good ol' R. McDonough. Always making the next level moves. He was clearly ahead of his time.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton