Suns News: Season Resumes

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
jonh

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by jonh »

What are the odds the Suns pull off a win today? 15%?

My heart is rooting for a win, but I am bracing myself for a loss.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Have we heard anything about Lou Williams? Clippers could be short handed, but if they shoot like they did Saturday against the Pels, it won’t matter.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Some suns talk in John Hollingers article on the athletic. The link for those who have a subscription:

The suns stuff:
Can Phoenix make the playoffs next year?
After looking pretty darned zippy in the three scrimmages and winning its first two games that count, Phoenix Suns fans have some actual reasons for optimism. (Just don’t watch any Pacers games. Please, for your own health, don’t). The Suns don’t have Kelly Oubre or Arron Baynes and probably are too far behind to march into the bubble play-in — even now, they’re 1.5 games behind San Antonio and Portland with six to play, and schedule challenges loom (guess who gets to play the Clippers next).

Nonetheless, things are looking up. The process behind the Cam Johnson trade might not have been great, but he’s a legit player at 3 and 4. Mikal Bridges cost them an extra first-round pick but has been worth every cent, rounding into one of the best defensive stoppers in the league. After tripping all year over how to use Dario Saric, the Suns seem to have stumbled into a smallball identity with Johnson and Bridges starting at the forward spots and Saric coming off the bench. Also, a team that joylessly slogged through 2018-19 now has Ricky doing Ricky things:

So, what about next year’s Phoenicians? A Booker-Ayton-Rubio-Bridges core adding another mid-lottery pick? Maybe adding another weapon with a projected $18 million in cap room?

This is the best the Suns’ future has looked in years, and they’ll feel even better about it if scrap heap find Cameron Payne continues to give them halfway decent backup point guard play – something that’s killed them all season.

Of course, the offseason is long and fraught and it’s going to be hard to hide Robert Sarver’s phone for that long. The flintskin Suns already gave a worrisome portent of what may come by selling off their G-League team. The good-ish news is that even in the worst-case cheapskate scenario where they stay at the salary floor and just bring back this year’s team minus Baynes, Phoenix looks like a team that’s starting to turn the corner. Their teams’ history of self-inflicted wounds aside, Suns fans have to be brimming with optimism right now.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Split T wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 am
Have we heard anything about Lou Williams? Clippers could be short handed, but if they shoot like they did Saturday against the Pels, it won’t matter.
Lou is playing
Where's my guy Superbone at that tho

My superstitious self needs him to create the Game Day thread :) :oops:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:24 am
Split T wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 am
Lou is playing
Where's my guy Superbone at that tho

My superstitious self needs him to create the Game Day thread :) :oops:
It's all on Indy now! :D :lol:
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Great work, Marty! Your best yet!

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like how it looks like Booker is looking at the name of the site. Just a great moment and pose and drawing.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:52 pm
I like how it looks like Booker is looking at the name of the site. Just a great moment and pose and drawing.
I asked Bill Walton about it and he said, "IT IS A GREAT MOMENT IN THE HISTORY OF PHX-SUNS.NET!"
"Be Legendary."

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Bone, I now want you to translate that to Hubie Brown speak :D

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:10 pm
Well, it's been a while but I found him. He said:

Now, you've got to give Booker a lot of credit here, Mike. [ed note. That's not my name but whatever.] We all know the Suns needed 2 points, right? We also knew, they're probably going to Booker here. Now you say "What's the big deal about that?" Well, the Clippers have got their two best players in Leonard and George guarding him. It's going to be tough for him to get off a shot, as we all know. But you have to remember this is Devin Booker we're talking about. He was born to make this shot... And that's what he did.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So, you're saying there's a chance?
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Doubtful to play. Probable for a 360 celebration twirl and some sexy push-ups.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:59 pm
Charlie Smithy! wrote:

Now, you've got to give Booker a lot of credit here, Mike. [ed note. That's not my name but whatever.] We all know the Suns needed 2 points, right? We also knew, they're probably going to Booker here. Now you say "What's the big deal about that?" Well, the Clippers have got their two best players in Leonard and George guarding him. It's going to be tough for him to get off a shot, as we all know. But you have to remember this is Devin Booker we're talking about. He was born to make this shot... And that's what he did.
Bravo! :D

Now, can you really bring it home and translate it to Morgan Freeman speak, circa Shawshank Redemption? :mrgreen:

BookTheGoat

Post by BookTheGoat »

Superbone wrote:
Charlie Smithy! wrote:

This is perfect. Bravo.

BookTheGoat

Post by BookTheGoat »

I made this lol

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:52 pm
Superbone wrote:
Charlie Smithy! wrote:

Now, can you really bring it home and translate it to Morgan Freeman speak, circa Shawshank Redemption? :mrgreen:
Man, you ask for a lot! Let me see if I can find him...

I must admit that I didn’t think much of Devin Booker when I first laid eyes on him. He had a quiet way about him, a walk and a talk that just wasn't normal around here. He shot the ball like a kid without a care or a worry in the world. I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. I guess it came down to a simple choice, really. The Suns were tied and Bridges got the deflection. Then Ayton got the ball to Booker that fine afternoon. Six seconds remaining... Now 5, then 4, and before you knew it, there was a second left on the clock. Time stood still that day as Booker first spun one way and then the other. The ball then flew from his hands and it was as if the whole world had stopped. The ball swished through the net as the game buzzer sounded. Pandemonium erupted from the Suns’ bench. I find I was so excited that I could barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a Suns fan can feel. A Suns fan in the middle of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope the Suns can make the playoffs. I hope to see them win a series. And then another. I hope to one day see them hoist that championship trophy above their heads as I have seen it in my dreams. I hope.
"Be Legendary."

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:34 am
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:52 pm
Superbone wrote:
Charlie Smithy! wrote:

Man, you ask for a lot! Let me see if I can find him...

I must admit that I didn’t think much of Devin Booker when I first laid eyes on him. He had a quiet way about him, a walk and a talk that just wasn't normal around here. He shot the ball like a kid without a care or a worry in the world. I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. I guess it came down to a simple choice, really. The Suns were tied and Bridges got the deflection. Then Ayton got the ball to Booker that fine afternoon. Six seconds remaining... Now 5, then 4, and before you knew it, there was a second left on the clock. Time stood still that day as Booker first spun one way and then the other. The ball then flew from his hands and it was as if the whole world had stopped. The ball swished through the net as the game buzzer sounded. Pandemonium erupted from the Suns’ bench. I find I was so excited that I could barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a Suns fan can feel. A Suns fan in the middle of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope the Suns can make the playoffs. I hope to see them win a series. And then another. I hope to one day see them hoist that championship trophy above their heads as I have seen it in my dreams. I hope.
I m crying my friend. This is poetic. Bravo.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Outstanding, Sup.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

:lol: It's too early for all this!