Suns News: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Suns News: Offseason

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:19 am
I think they are equally bad.

For that one, I don't know why she doesn't just sing "I heard that wrong" instead of "read that wrong." You can't realistically read "Tax Attorney" as "Taxidermy."
You know what bothers me about those commercials? They always use a standard two-camera angle where they cut back and forth between the celebrity (Idina Menzel, John Stamos, etc.) and the normal person. And it's clear from the angles that they never filmed together; the celeb never had to bother to be around the other actor. It just looks lazy to never show them together.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:21 pm
Indy wrote:

For that one, I don't know why she doesn't just sing "I heard that wrong" instead of "read that wrong." You can't realistically read "Tax Attorney" as "Taxidermy."
You know what bothers me about those commercials? They always use a standard two-camera angle where they cut back and forth between the celebrity (Idina Menzel, John Stamos, etc.) and the normal person. And it's clear from the angles that they never filmed together; the celeb never had to bother to be around the other actor. It just looks lazy to never show them together.
I read that as part of the style of the commercial, not a lazy cut away insert. And it isn't like either one is really a celebrity. I mean how many people under 35 even know who they are? So I don't think it was related to the celebrity not having to be bothered by acting with "normal" actors.

But I can see that perspective.

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:13 pm
Indy wrote:

Maybe you should just Let it Go.
I never saw that movie, and had no idea she sang that. Ha

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Her name is a little hard to pronounce. Ask John Travolta.

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/KlutchSports/status/1312437843436859396

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nice knowing you, Jalen. #LecqueOUT #KlutchOUT

Split T

Post by Split T »

We need to get over this issue with Klutch. Perhaps we already have, James Jones is close with Lebron, perhaps he has a good relationship with Rich Paul..or at least a professional relationship. Sarver just needs to stay out of it. Blame everything on McD if we have to.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Just gonna leave this here

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:40 am
Just gonna leave this here

"You are what you do, not what you say you will do". Motto I apply to my life and thanks to which I reach my goals. Values, like trust, have made me become who I am today and I share them with h&s, a brand of which I am an embassador. Soon you will find out more.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Looking good, Rubae!

*buys 100 bottles of H&S*
*buys 100 shares of H&S stock*

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:42 pm
We need to get over this issue with Klutch. Perhaps we already have, James Jones is close with Lebron, perhaps he has a good relationship with Rich Paul..or at least a professional relationship. Sarver just needs to stay out of it. Blame everything on McD if we have to.
Is there any confirmation that the Suns FO doesn't work with Klutch, or is that just a fan theory? It's been so long, I can't remember.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:51 pm
Split T wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:42 pm
Is there any confirmation that the Suns FO doesn't work with Klutch, or is that just a fan theory? It's been so long, I can't remember.
Well we told Earl Watson he needed to fire Klutch as his agent. He refused, so we fired him. That’s the story if you believe Watson. Also represent Bledsoe and the Morris twins, so there is definitely some reason for a bad relationship.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It was definitely Klutch which put a gun to McD's and Sarver's heads and made them offer those contracts to those players and Watson. Klutch also made McD draft poorly, make dumb trades and sign piss poor free agents, which made their clients unhappy and forced the Suns to trade them.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I could see Sarver holding a grudge about that stuff. Seems like every time he enters a contract negotiation, it ends up poorly for everyone.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Carno

Post by Carno »

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019 ... int-losses

It was reported that Klutch tried to negotiate an extension for Bledsoe with 2 years remaining on his deal. This supposedly precipitated the ultimatum to Watson to drop Klutch. Perhaps there was some earlier interactions that created the bad blood. In any event, as Klutch grows, the Suns will eventually have to get over their grudge.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Can someone cool down my nerves? Book just sold his house.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:45 am
This is the same house that he was trying to sell in Feb. I think he lowered his asking price of it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:09 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:45 am
This is the same house that he was trying to sell in Feb. I think he lowered his asking price of it.
Ok. Pheww.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, but where's he going to live? And damn that's a nice house.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:14 am
Yeah, but where's he going to live? And damn that's a nice house.
I thought he already bought a new house back in Feb.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass