Suns News: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Suns News: Offseason

Post by specialsauce »

No interest in trading away Ayton for PG. Ayton will at the minimum anchor our defense for years to come. I don’t see PG as a game changer on either end of the court. I think he’s a great role player that thinks he’s a star.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:48 am
I liked George before he was hyped up as a superstar franchise player. He's being paid like one and treated like one, but isn't. He's got1 more year and then a PO, so it's not a crazy idea to bring him in next to Booker in place of Oubre and still have Bridges and Cam on the roster. If he doesn't work out, we're not on the hook for big money longterm. Zubac is a must tho because you can't give up Ayton without getting a big back in return.
Ya and I’m sure Zubac would be thrown in. And I agree, can’t look at George as a franchise guy. He’s a Scottie Pippen if there ever was one. I look at him like Klay Thompson. I’d never want him to be the guy, but playing off other stars lifts his game.

I actually think Kawhi is a little like this too. They need a distributor on that team to get them into their offense when things aren’t clicking. Neither Kawhi or PG is that guy.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:12 am
Seems like a loss for the coaching staff. That's 3 gone from this year:

Yeah, that hurts. Probably the best assistant we had. Very disappointing.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:33 am
Was this a lateral move? Or a step up for him? Not sure it’s a huge concern either way, but clearly more concerning if it’s a lateral move.
I'm sure the Grizzlies are paying him significantly more money.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:14 pm
All just guesses at this point. Maybe the Suns impressed so much during the 8 game winning streak that they got grabbed. Like winning the Super Bowl and then half your team is picked off in the off season.
It's only a guess with Darko. Greer and Blake were essentially laid off.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:44 am
I think it makes us better. It’s essentially taking the bubble team and flipping Rubio into CP3. CP3 is better than Rubio across the board. I think it makes Booker even more dangerous off the ball as teams have to respect CP3’s pull up game. He’s the best mid range guy in the game.
I agree Chris Paul is better than Rubio, and I would love to move on from Rubio, but I have no desire to swap the two. Paul is too old, too expensive, and I just have no tolerance for his dirty play.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:50 am
Lonzo signed with klutch. No chance of getting him now
Agreed.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:19 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:59 am
specialsauce wrote:
Sarver is such an idiot for painting himself into that corner. There are going to be more and more players and more and more coaches signing with Klutch as the yrs go by. Are you(Sarver) going to shun them all?
Agree
At the same time, this would be the worse time to get Ball. He has a ton of deficiencies in his game, so paying a premium for him (next offseason when he is a restricted free agent) would be brutal. There is no chance at getting him on a fair deal/reasonable salary now that Rich Paul is involved.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:34 pm
Don’t think this is a realistic scenario, just more curious about how people view these players. If the clippers called us up and said we’ll give you Paul George for Ayton and Oubre. What would you say?
NO

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:39 pm
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Sarver is such an idiot for painting himself into that corner. There are going to be more and more players and more and more coaches signing with Klutch as the yrs go by. Are you(Sarver) going to shun them all?
Agree
At the same time, this would be the worse time to get Ball. He has a ton of deficiencies in his game, so paying a premium for him (next offseason when he is a restricted free agent) would be brutal. There is no chance at getting him on a fair deal/reasonable salary now that Rich Paul is involved.
I agree.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:13 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:39 pm
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Agree
I agree.
Agree. No interest in overpaying him. I was thinking 8-10 annually. Not a chance.

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:36 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:44 am
I think it makes us better. It’s essentially taking the bubble team and flipping Rubio into CP3. CP3 is better than Rubio across the board. I think it makes Booker even more dangerous off the ball as teams have to respect CP3’s pull up game. He’s the best mid range guy in the game.
I agree Chris Paul is better than Rubio, and I would love to move on from Rubio, but I have no desire to swap the two. Paul is too old, too expensive, and I just have no tolerance for his dirty play.
Ya that’s fair, it can’t be done without Oubre anyways, so that makes it a no from me.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

How about a trade of Rubio, Oubre, Jerome & Kaminsky for Chris Paul?
Then a sign & trade of Saric for a sign & trade of Wood?
I didn't put the pick in here, as it may be used as a trade chip. If it was me, it would be Hayes, Haliburton, Vassell, or Poku if they kept it, which they could.
If done this way the team could act as a team over the cap and have a MLE & BAE available.
Sign a backup PG besides Payne, like perhaps DJ Augustine or somehow convince Bertans for the MLE & ? for BAE
Get another wing w/ the BAE.
Essentially, the lineup looks like
CP3/Augustine/Payne
Booker/Carter
Bridges/Johnson
Wood/Johnson/?
Ayton/Wood

I think this is a damn good team, with a great chance to male some noise, and still could make that trade for Giannis if he becomes available.
Last edited by In2ition on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

If we trade Rubio, there will be no BAE left, at least for Mori.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:23 pm
How about a trade of Rubio, ... for
PASS

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

In2ition wrote:
I didn't put the pick in here, as it may be used as a trade chip. If it was me, it would be Hayes, Haliburton, Vassell, or Poku if they kept it, which they could.
If done this way the team could act as a team over the cap and have a MLE & BAE available.
Sign a backup PG besides Payne, like perhaps DJ Augustine or somehow convince Bertans for the MLE & ? for BAE
CP3/Augustine/Payne
Booker/Carter
Bridges/Johnson
Wood/Johnson/?
Ayton/Wood

I think this is a damn good team, with a great chance to male some noise, and still could make that trade for Giannis if he becomes available.
Chris Paul is a poor sport and I just don’t want to watch him whine and try to put the game in the refs hands during crunch time. He’s a helluva player and would love it if he would just let his game speak for itself but he just tries to game the refs all the time.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:08 pm
In2ition wrote:
CP3/Augustine/Payne
Booker/Carter
Bridges/Johnson
Wood/Johnson/?
Ayton/Wood

Chris Paul is a poor sport and I just don’t want to watch him whine and try to put the game in the refs hands during crunch time. He’s a helluva player and would love it if he would just let his game speak for itself but he just tries to game the refs all the time.
This makes it seem like he's more likely to lose close games than not, but he's about as clutch down the stretch as there is in the NBA.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Chris Paul is a talented player, but with all his whining and ref-working and flopping and such, I really wouldn't want to have to root for him. And he is getting old and makes like $40 million a year. I don't think it makes sense to have him here. It is way more fun to laugh at him when he inevitably fails every year and gets eliminated short of the conference finals.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:35 am
Chris Paul is a talented player, but with all his whining and ref-working and flopping and such, I really wouldn't want to have to root for him. And he is getting old and makes like $40 million a year. I don't think it makes sense to have him here. It is way more fun to laugh at him when he inevitably fails every year and gets eliminated short of the conference finals.
I think Paul has just as many appearances in the West Finals as we do since he was a rookie.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:31 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:08 pm
In2ition wrote:
CP3/Augustine/Payne
Booker/Carter
Bridges/Johnson
Wood/Johnson/?
Ayton/Wood

This makes it seem like he's more likely to lose close games than not, but he's about as clutch down the stretch as there is in the NBA.
He wasn't too clutch in Game 7 against the Rockets.
"Be Legendary."