Suns News: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns News: Offseason

Post by In2ition »

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Happy Birth-Bae!

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:27 am
I thought our favorite point guard was Fred VanVleet.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:23 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:27 am
I thought our favorite point guard was Fred VanVleet.
I never said that.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

We have to wait until he is on our team first.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Prob just throwing some names out there. I like the idea of Temple as a steady wing, good defender and can hit the 3, also a good ballhandler. Wes is a bit injury prone for my liking. Also not sure adding someone for a "veteran presence" is really a need at this point. I think we transitioned well to a more mature, professional team from prior years. Rubio is as solid as they come, Book is the clear leader, Kelly's got 6-7 years in the league, Mikal and Cam are older even tho they're still new to the NBA. It's not like we need to add a couple 30+ year olds to the lockerroom to babysit. If Baynes and/or Dario leave it'd be nice to add a big with experience.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m more concerned with adding a ball handler to the bench. Matthews isn’t really that. Temple isn’t bad, I could understand that, depending on the price. He’s getting old though. I think I’d just as soon give those minutes to Carter.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm not opposed to keeping Carter and giving him minutes off the bench/riding his hot hand when it's there. And I don't think he's a finished product in terms of being a playmaker but he seems more comfortable off the ball as as 3-D type which is where a guy like Temple could fit in bringing the ball up and initiating offense. But we also have Payne, who I'm excited about and want to see continue to develop.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Nice to see us get some props but think it's kind of dumb to say teams like the Ws and Nets are going to "make the leap" when they've just been hit with injuries and would've otherwise been in the playoffs/contending. Also, not discounting the Ws but I don't think they're right back to 2015-2018 levels with Steph and Klay back. They'll be good, but not having Livington and Iguodala will hurt them.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, I don’t think it’s fair, especially in GS case to say they’ll make a leap. Bounce back is a better word. Their offseason will be interesting though, do they go star hunting? Do they add some depth? Do they fill a future piece with the #2 overall pick?

If Curry and Klay are healthy, they should be good, but I have my doubts about Dray. He’s getting older and I think probably passed his prime now. And I don’t exactly think he’s gonna age super gracefully. His poor offensive skills will start to stand out more.

I’ve heard them linked to Deni Avdija lately, perhaps they are looking for their Point Forward replacement for Draymond.

Brooklyn is still waiting to make the leap from last offseason, they signed Durant knowing he wouldn’t play, so we’ll see how it goes. I’m pretty excited for that team, I think they could be pretty special. If the Jrue Holiday rumors are true and they can land him, they might sneak into my favorite in the East. Of course that’s assuming good health for KD and Kyrie, but imagine a Kyrie/Jrue/Harris/KD/Allen lineup. That’s pretty lethal.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Some Rubio twitter love ..

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

3rdside wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:49 pm
Some Rubio twitter love ..
Help! I read it more than 4 hours ago and I'm still fully aroused.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

Yes lets appreciate what we have in Rubio.

No need for FVV I don't think he makes us a contender. I want passing, defence and a bit of a 3point threat from our PG .. Rubio ticks that box for now.
All we really need is a starting caliber PF .. I'm happy with Saric as a backup.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

What do people think of running back Oubre and Cam Johnson at the 4 spot next year?
If Ayton continues his defensive development, we don’t need a traditional 4.
The 4 we need knocks down 3s, defends any position, and can rebound.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Heard salary cap is expected to drop now. That leaves us with even less space. Think just running it back/signing 1 year deals, might be the way to go.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm
What do people think of running back Oubre and Cam Johnson at the 4 spot next year?
I think you've got the wrong sport.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm fine with Oubre or Cam starting at the 4 if they also roster Saric and a real backup Center like Baynes next season.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Agreed. I'm fine running it back with the same team. Continuity could be key and getting off to a quick start could make a big difference later on.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:49 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm
I think you've got the wrong sport.
And what do you think of Oubre's tight end?
"Be Legendary."