Game Day: Suns (8-5) vs Nuggets (7-7), Friday, 1/22/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Game Day: Suns (8-5) vs Nuggets (7-7), Friday, 1/22/2021

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm disappointed that we lost, but I think it's really encouraging and important how well Ayton has played recently. I don't think we go very far without him. If he continues to play like this, we have a real shot at being special this year. I'm not very worried about most of the other guys; they will figure things out. But Ayton is the biggest question mark, the guy who can most change our trajectory depending on how his season goes. I find the past week or so very promising for him. He ended up with 27 points on 11/13 shooting (!) and 13 rebounds. Wow. That's a hell of a stat line.

I hope that in the rematch against the Nugs tonight, the Suns do a ton of CP3/Ayton and Payne/Ayton pick-and-rolls. Booker's probably out, so just feed the big fella.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:11 pm
I'm disappointed that we lost, but I think it's really encouraging and important how well Ayton has played recently. I don't think we go very far without him. If he continues to play like this, we have a real shot at being special this year. I'm not very worried about most of the other guys; they will figure things out. But Ayton is the biggest question mark, the guy who can most change our trajectory depending on how his season goes. I find the past week or so very promising for him. He ended up with 27 points on 11/13 shooting (!) and 13 rebounds. Wow. That's a hell of a stat line.

I hope that in the rematch against the Nugs tonight, the Suns do a ton of CP3/Ayton and Payne/Ayton pick-and-rolls. Booker's probably out, so just feed the big fella.
The problem with the CP3 PnR with Ayton is when the D starts switching, CP immediately goes iso mode and stops the entire play. He has got to realize that is losing basketball.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:47 pm
Mori Chu wrote:

The problem with the CP3 PnR with Ayton is when the D starts switching, CP immediately goes iso mode and stops the entire play. He has got to realize that is losing basketball.
It seems like he's waiting too long for the perfect pass and play to develop instead of just taking the first option available.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:47 pm
Mori Chu wrote:

I bet part of the problem is that Paul doesn't trust Ayton's hands (or more in general, his ability to catch a pass in movement when rolling) so he won't try any passes that are not gimmes for Ayton.