Game Day: Suns (8-8) vs Warriors (10-8), Thursday, 1/28/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Game Day: Suns (8-8) vs Warriors (10-8), Thursday, 1/28/2021

Post by ShelC »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Watched this one wire to wire but was so busy with kid stuff that I didn't get a chance to post during/after. Glad we pulled out a big win here. I like seeing how balanced our scoring turned out to be. Bridges led us in points with 20, but if you didn't show me the box score I would have guessed that Crowder was our leading scorer. He has had a nice little stretch of games here, and he's stepping up in some games where for whatever reason Mikal or Cam are off.

Folks seem pretty mixed on Nader here. I really like him. His shot is iffy and he should pass more, but I really like the way he attacks the basket. We do not have enough of that on this team. Having 1-2 guys willing to do that really makes a difference and opens up the floor for everybody else. I feel like Nader is our very poor man's Halliburton. If we had drafted the right guy, that's who would be giving us those drives to the basket, with better passing and other skills. Oh well.

I don't know what to make of Cam Johnson this year. He seems streaky. Some nights his jumper is wet and he feels like he hits almost every shot he puts up. Other nights nothing is going in and he kind of fades into the background. I like the dude a lot but I do feel like it's hard to know what we'll get from him on a given night.

Happy to see Kaminsky play well. I don't dislike him the way some others seem to feel here. He is what he is. Being mad at him is more about being mad that he's being put into too prominent of a role. If you use him properly he's a perfectly reasonable end-of-the-rotation big. And the guys seem to genuinely like him; I love the chemistry on this team. We just need to get Saric back so we don't have to depend on Kaminsky as much.

Ayton had 12 points and 13 boards. I felt like he had a pretty good game. Several times he went right at GS's weaker/smaller bigs. I was kind of worried that Wiseman would outplay Ayton, but Wiseman had only 5 points and 6 boards in 19 minutes.

I was glad to see Galloway get some minutes tonight. I really like Galloway; he's an exceptional shooter and scorer. I don't think we should give all of his minutes to Nader; they're completely different kinds of players IMO. I'd rather give Galloway the Carter minutes. Carter just doesn't seem to have "it" this season. (He was the only Sun who played but did not score, going 0-3 in 3 minutes.)

I don't think I have any use for E'twaun Moore. Seems like a decent player, but between Payne and Galloway, I don't see any room for minutes for him. Feels like he'd be more useful on some other team in more need of a bench guard.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Frank carried his top performance into the post game, good for him.
Nader's nickname..... :lol:

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Frank is what he is, but for a minimum contract, he does the job. Can't complain with his production, and games like last night are a bonus.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Kaminsky at the minimum for the end of the bench is OK, but he's not a rotation player.

I will give him credit though - he played really well against Golden State. Without a doubt his best game as a Sun.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think it was his best game as a player. He definitely stepped it up last game.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Frank's a lot more palatable on a minimum deal than a $5mil deal isn't he.

Cap

Post by Cap »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:03 am
Frank's a lot more palatable on a minimum deal than a $5mil deal isn't he.
Oh, is that why he put up 12/13/8?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

His bast game of his carreer. I wouldn’t expect that every night.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:27 pm
His bast game of his carreer. I wouldn’t expect that every night.
What are you talking about? That's the new Frank. I expect a triple double every night now. Or better be at least near one!
"Be Legendary."