NBA Finals: Spurs vs Heat 2

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: NBA Finals: Spurs vs Heat 2

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Dem FTs.
Yep, four misses in a row. Ballgame.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

INFORMER wrote:
Wally_West wrote:I think it is pretty ridiculous to say this series is over after today’s game. They are tied 1-1!
I think they needed to win both of these games to be able to win the series. But you're welcome to rub my face in it if the Spurs win the series.
You will find no showboating on this subject from me. Bragging about the Spurs winning the finals is just too wrong, I feel dirty enough as is by defending them in this situation already.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

This is a crazy beat down happening right now.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

19 of 21! That's some NBA 2K shit right there!

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

So,the Heat left San Antonio's court truly believing they were an untimely cramps atack away from being up 2-0, and decided not to show up to play for game 3?

Now, you could easily say that San Antonio was 4 untimely missed free throws away from being up 3-0. They executed their game plan to a cue, then got some hot shooting and boom, they took the psychological control of the series again.

The Heat will strike back for game 4, but they are no longer the agresor.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Spurs looked dominant. Game 4 becomes basically a must-win for Miami now. If the Spurs go up 3-1, they win the title, period. I'm glad to see San Antonio took care of business in this one rather than letting Miami push them into a must-win Game 4 on the road.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Didnt watch, Spurs roll, looks like I wont watch the next one.

carey

Post by carey »

I know I shouldn't be shocked, but I kind of am. I didn't really foresee S.A. coming out and straight punking Miami like that. At the start of the second half Miami had all the fire & energy they were missing. They held S.A. to 15 points in the 3rd Q, but then S.A. tightened the screws defensively & that was it. I'm very interested in seeing how the Heat respond Thursday.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That Game 3 really was a historic beatdown. It seems like Miami wins when Lebron goes into God mode and scores 35 or whatever, and San Antonio loses otherwise. Can Lebron go nuts in 4 out of 7 games? I think that's what it'll take for the Heat to win it.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Agreed Mori. In game 4 so far Miami just give it to LB, piss away 15 seconds on the shot clock and hope for a double team. The Spurs offensive execution is actually enjoyable to watch (dont hate me). Good ball movement and not relying on anything or anyone special (with perhaps the slight exception of Parker).

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Game 4 is a Gigantic Beatdown, and I'm pretty damn happy about it
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

What's wrong with Miami?

They are not even making a fight out of it for the Spurs!

And they started they classic "defeat pouting" in the middle of the third quarter. What a bunch of babies. Stand up and fight bitches, show us what you got when you are usptream and against the wall!!!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Bold Prediction: Lebron walks to Cleveland this off-season. Miami I think knows there in trouble...hence them trying to sell the whole Melo thing.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Leonard is just dogging Wade. Just stripped him clean then took a rebound away from him within a 10second sequence

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Chip Engelland = MVP
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

San Antonio steamrolled tonight.

Anyone see Boris' stat line?? 8, 9 and 9. Fantastic all around effort.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

INFORMER wrote:That was the series. The Spurs had their chance, but they made too many losing plays down the stretch.
Oops.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

iLLmatic wrote:
Wally_West wrote:I think it is pretty ridiculous to say this series is over after today’s game. They are tied 1-1!
I disagree. Lebron James is just too good, no one can stop him in the world at this point and he proved it tonight. Like I said, the Spurs are a muscle cramp away from being down 0-2.
I'm glad my reverse jinx worked! ;)

I'm pretty sure SA up 3-1 is the series.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Game 4 is a Gigantic Beatdown, and I'm pretty damn happy about it
Word
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

The Spurs offense is just beautiful to watch.