Around the League: Week 8 2/8-2/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Around the League: Week 8 2/8-2/14

Post by ShelC »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:48 pm
Would you all trade Ayton for KAT? I could see KAT asking out after this season, the way it's going for him both on and off the court. He may just want a fresh start.
Absolutely. I'd rather pay KAT his salary than Ayton what he's likely going to get. Defense...KAT might see improvement with some better players an better coaching around him. Gives us a legit star for the future next to Book.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Uh that’s a no brainer. I just don’t see how we get salaries to match in a trade. It would take at least DA, Crowder, Saric and then some

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Ayton would have to have signed his extension, which would be this coming summer and then he can't be traded until next December I believe? So any scenario would be close to a year away. Even with a 3rd team, we don't have the salaries to move out unless it's some major combo of Crowder, Stix, Mikal, Cam, Jevon (can't be traded until March). And then there's the question of whether Minny would send KAT to a WC team, even if Ayton is a pretty good return.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:36 pm
Ayton would have to have signed his extension, which would be this coming summer and then he can't be traded until next December I believe? So any scenario would be close to a year away. Even with a 3rd team, we don't have the salaries to move out unless it's some major combo of Crowder, Stix, Mikal, Cam, Jevon (can't be traded until March). And then there's the question of whether Minny would send KAT to a WC team, even if Ayton is a pretty good return.
How bad is karl-anthony towns on defense?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

What if we had Lebron in place of Book? What if we had Anthony Davis instead of Saric. What if we had Harden? What if we had... what if, what if.

Charlie Smithy!

Nodack wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:55 pm
What if we had Lebron in place of Book? What if we had Anthony Davis instead of Saric. What if we had Harden? What if we had... what if, what if.
I feel like you want to say something☺

Indy

Post by Indy »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:40 pm
ShelC wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:36 pm
How bad is karl-anthony towns on defense?
Worlds different than Ayton. As much as I don't want to pay 30M/year for Ayton, and KAT is clearly the superior player, it would really worry me swapping those two.

Split T

Post by Split T »

The defense would be a concern for sure, but KAT is the perfect offensive big to put next to Booker. Maybe getting him out of Minny would help his defense...wasn’t he a pretty good defender in college?

The cost would be the big question though. Minny wouldn’t accept just Ayton...and the salaries wouldn’t match anyways.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:57 pm
Nodack wrote:
Sorry. What if trade scenarios annoy me in the middle of seasons. Especially good seasons. I used to chime in and annoy everyone and I told myself I wouldn’t do that anymore and here I did. My bad.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:35 pm
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Sorry. What if trade scenarios annoy me in the middle of seasons. Especially good seasons. I used to chime in and annoy everyone and I told myself I wouldn’t do that anymore and here I did. My bad.
“Good season.” Hmmph. It seems like yesterday when a .640 win% was a “malaise.” Now it’s by far the best season we’ve had in a decade and cause for celebration.

I miss Jerry.

Charlie Smithy!

Nodack wrote:
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Nah, I mean I think I get it. On the Braves messsage board that I frequent, they're almost always talking about how long our "window" is, and what the lineup/rotation may or may not look like upwards of 3-5 years in the future.

I can really appreciate the brain of anyone that can be that foward thinking (years), but to a certain point, it's almost stressful to me. There's definitely an element of personality at work for me in this regard. For me, I plan only because I have to haha; it's much easier for me to hunker down and get to work in the present/short-term.

Anyway, point is, my professional life has taught me that being present and being in the present moment is where it's at, and I feel you got that vibe in spades, nodack.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

AD continues to struggle with sore Achilles
He's probably gonna sit some more games soon
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

My poor Rubae.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Nodack wrote:
You aren't annoying. You just have a pet peeve about trade scenarios.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Paul and Ayton for Rubio and Townes.

Ayton matches Edwards' timeline and there's not better player to mentor a young roster than CP3
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

So does anyone understand the Gather and Two Steps :oops:
Smh lol

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

On a more serious note, I talked a lot of shit about wanting Brandon Clarke last year, but he is struggling this year. We saw that video of how he "fixed" his shot over the summer, and what do you know, his %s are down drastically across the board. His rebounding and FTA are down, too.

Last year and in college, he looked like a championship caliber glue guy. So far this year he looks like a fringe NBA player.

Meanwhile our guy Cameron '#11' Johnson continues to look legit even when his 3s aren't falling.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

There are so many people who don’t understand travel rules.