2021 All-Star selections

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: 2021 All-Star selections

Post by AmareIsGod »

LazarusLong wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:48 pm
I'd gladly have more wins than two guys as All-Stars.
Keep kicking ass, and the good stuff will come your way ...
This is very true.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Complete fuckery. Zion isn’t all star criteria. He’s just a media darling.

So you’re telling me the coaches who double and triple team Book every night suddenly don’t think he’s an all star? Fuck all the way off with that shit
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Guys, we all know that AD won't play, and they will have to name a replacement, and that guy will be Booker. He will be there.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:06 pm
Guys, we all know that AD won't play, and they will have to name a replacement, and that guy will be Booker. He will be there.
I totally spaced on this! Man, being 37 is rough. Always forgetting things.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:45 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:39 pm
Zion is averaging 25 a game on a .656 TS%. And he’s been better than that lately. He’s a 27/6/4/1/1 guy with a .710 TS% in February. He’s an all star.

On a individual basis, if Booker deserved a spot over anyone, it’s Mitchell.
Zion is averaging more losses than wins
Exactly. People can STFU about Zion. He's a turnstile on defense. His team has a losing record. But he scores at high percentage by being point blank at the rim most of the time. What a star!

As someone else said elsewhere:

Coaches in past seasons; 'Devin Booker is putting up big numbers but needs to win more.'

Coaches this season; 'Devin Booker is winning but needs to put up bigger numbers.'

It's bullshit.
So you’re just upset because Booker didn’t make it in years past when he should have. Seems like if we thought Booker was an all star when we were bad that we should also think Zion is an all star now.

I’ve just never subscribed to the wins argument when it comes to all-stars. I just don’t care that much how good your team is. It’s not an award, it’s an invitation to showcase the best players. If wins mattered, Conley makes it over Booker anyways.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Now the ensuing meltdown on here is your fault when Mike Conley, or DeMar Derozan, or Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is the replacement ;)

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

It’s the disrespect that hel be an injury replacement. It’s garbage. If that’s the strategy going into it, shouldve just fat Harold Miner be the replacement.
Last edited by djy2j on Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Do you think Zion deserved it more than Booker, Split?

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I find it interesting that Doncic is listed as a guard.
Yes, he handles the ball mostly on offense. Defensively, he often guards a forward.
Using that logic, Lebron James also should be considered a guard, as he leads the Lakers in assists.

This is nothing new. Duncan is regarded as a PF, but played center often.
Back in the day, Kevin McHale was a low-post offensive center for the Celtics, with Robert Parish playing center on defense.
Whatever.
As someone said earlier, the NBA is going to juggle the All Star lineup to ensure supposed marquee players make the team.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Indy wrote:
I think this is very likely, but more than anything I just want us to win. Everyone knows he's an all-world player right now.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Split T wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:11 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
Zion is averaging 25 a game on a .656 TS%. And he’s been better than that lately. He’s a 27/6/4/1/1 guy with a .710 TS% in February. He’s an all star.

Exactly. People can STFU about Zion. He's a turnstile on defense. His team has a losing record. But he scores at high percentage by being point blank at the rim most of the time. What a star!

Coaches in past seasons; 'Devin Booker is putting up big numbers but needs to win more.'

Coaches this season; 'Devin Booker is winning but needs to put up bigger numbers.'

It's bullshit.
So you’re just upset because Booker didn’t make it in years past when he should have. Seems like if we thought Booker was an all star when we were bad that we should also think Zion is an all star now.

I’ve just never subscribed to the wins argument when it comes to all-stars. I just don’t care that much how good your team is. It’s not an award, it’s an invitation to showcase the best players. If wins mattered, Conley makes it over Booker anyways.
It doesn't matter if we thought he should be an All Star on losing teams. That's a weak argument because regardless of us feeling that way, HE NEVER GOT IN WHEN THE COACHES VOTED. Zion did. Booker is snubbed and disrespected all the damn time and excuses are made pertaining to "win more and the coaches will vote him in". He only gets in, winning or losing, because someone is injured and he's the alternate.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Guys, calm down. I am too busy enjoying this team having the 4th best record in the league nearly half-way through the season. When is the last time that happened?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:57 pm
Guys, calm down. I am too busy enjoying this team having the 4th best record in the league nearly half-way through the season. When is the last time that happened?
Here we are bitching about the pointless All Star game during a season where we are contender quality good. Sure, when we had nothing else to play for and watch, bitching about Booker not being an All Star was all we had. You're correct though. This season has been a dream and that's all that really matters.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

It just is yet another time the league has shown that it is completely biased against the Suns. Between the refs and the all star vote, the league has blacklisted this organization

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:14 pm
Do you think Zion deserved it more than Booker, Split?
I think Zion is a bigger star. He’s better this year than Booker was when he got snubbed in the past. But it’s hard to say who deserves what. Should an all-star selection be based solely on how players have played in strictly this season? Should past years(snubs specifically) be considered? Does star power matter?

Book has had quite bad luck when it comes to all star selections. This has been his 3rd all-star worthy season and he’s only got 1 injury replacement season to show for it.

What’s awesome is seeing how much fellow players go to bat for Booker. They know what he is. Weird the coaches don’t.

But to answer your question. Zion isn’t the guy I’d remove. I’d remove Mitchell...but that’s not happening with Utah at 25-6. I think the easiest way to have done it was just announce 13 all-stars as we know AD isn’t playing.

In reality, we should have 15 all-stars per conference. Rosters have 15 players now. Also gives you 30 each year, exactly double the amount of All-NBA selections, makes an all-nba selection twice as good as an all-star selection.

Split T

Post by Split T »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:23 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:11 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:

It's bullshit.

It doesn't matter if we thought he should be an All Star on losing teams. That's a weak argument because regardless of us feeling that way, HE NEVER GOT IN WHEN THE COACHES VOTED. Zion did. Booker is snubbed and disrespected all the damn time and excuses are made pertaining to "win more and the coaches will vote him in". He only gets in, winning or losing, because someone is injured and he's the alternate.
I agree it’s dumb that the goalposts moved on Booker...but it’s not Zion’s fault. I think Zion is all-star worthy, just like Book.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Book has put in the years. He should be in over Zion. Period.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I hope Book gets in in place of AD but if not, watch out Western Conference coaches! Prepare to die.
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:10 pm
Book has put in the years. He should be in over Zion. Period.
This. 💯