Game Day: Suns (21-11) @ Timberwolves (7-27), Sun 2/28/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Game Day: Suns (21-11) @ Timberwolves (7-27), Sun 2/28/21

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:39 am
Ring_Wanted wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:53 am
We joke, but I have serious doubts that KAT would elevate this team to a bonafide contender status. The roster would need big moves following that to add defense (but there would be little to no flexibility to do it), and the cost of adding KAT would be huge, say Ayton, Cam, Smith, filler and the now customary control over 3-5 picks, maybe even more (like Dario or Crowder going to a third team; in any case, Bridges sdhould be untouchable).
It depends if he asks out or not. If he pulls an AD, then they don't have much leverage. I don't think there will be 3-5 picks involved.

But I agree that just having him in place of, let's say Ayton/Cam/Smith/filler/1-2 picks, doesn't make us a lot better than we are. Part of that is because KAT hasn't been himself this year (rightfully so).
AD got NOP a top prospect (Ingram), another high level young (Ball), a decent role player (Hart), the #4 pick and control over three extra 1stRs. KAT is not the same player, but I think we'd be forced to give up at least three picks if we kept Bridges, even if the trade was made because KAT demanded a move.

Indy

Re: Game Day: Suns (21-11) @ Timberwolves (7-27), Sun 2/28/21

Post by Indy »

But you could tell LA already kind of gave up on Ball. And Ingram was a good prospect, but nothing like he is now.