Suns News: Week 11 3/1-3/7

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns News: Week 11 3/1-3/7

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:50 pm
ShelC wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:33 pm
Pffttt...all the better so he can rest up. Hope it's nothing serious.

I reaaaalllly hope it's just a "knee sprain" as the press release indicates. Suns are super weird about injury news.
Oh, dude! I just saw your modification! :lol:
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
ShelC wrote:

I reaaaalllly hope it's just a "knee sprain" as the press release indicates. Suns are super weird about injury news.
It should have read: Devin Booker--Knee sprain (per www.WebMD.com)

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Not sure where to post this but have seen some rumours the kings want to trade Bagley. Any idea what their fan base thinks of him?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

He's a poor defender who's offensively inefficient and been injured more often than not in his 2.5 years. They're probably not excited about the rest of his contract and would rather not deal with the looming extension negotiation.

The Kings have three keepers, Fox, Haliburton, and Hield (I guess). They'd probably be fine with trading Hield but his salary makes it difficult to find the right deal. Apparently they don't want to move Barnes, which makes some sense since he's been good this season and he's a good veteran to keep around developing players. Holmes and Bjelica are UFAs after this season.

That means Bagley is really the only guy who's moveable with some value. I don't think he's anything special, just a solid player in the right situation. So they're probably trying to sell high, but I think it's too late.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I think only Fox and Hali are keepers for them. There have been trade rumors surrounding Hield for quite some time and it is no secret that he has been unhappy with his role in the past. Maybe things are better now, but since their two best players are guards, I think they'd be wise to move him. Agreed that his salary is too high, but he would fit in some competing teams, like DAL, NYK or IND (maybe even MEM, SAS and NOP).

Regarding Bagley, I have no interest unless he was basically free, and even then why mess with what we have so far for a question mark who comes with an entourage with an attitude.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:26 pm
Shabazz wrote:
ShelC wrote:

Ding ding ding!

Head athletic trainer Roberto Sarverelli went to webmd.com and has determined that devin booker in fact has a left knee hurt.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I’m just going to throw this out there before the Suns homers start drooling: HELL NO to PJ Tucker

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:09 pm
Not sure where to post this but have seen some rumours the kings want to trade Bagley. Any idea what their fan base thinks of him?
I'm good if they dont want much in return. He went to Corona Del Sol so his home here in the Valley. He and DA have played together and are friends as well. He will need to get on board with being in a TEAM and get his defense game in line. But I am sure he has always wanted to play here. If you have seen his draft interviews I think he wanted to be here more than anything.
Last edited by BAMF on Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Man, if this Booker knee injury turns out to be a serious one, I'll be crushed. This season has been going so well, and we've mostly been free of the injury bug other than to some of our bench guys.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

My guess is that it's only a mild sprain, but a good excuse to get Booker some rest. I'm guessing he's fine after the All-Star break.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He kept playing so it must not have been that big of a deal. Most likely just needs rest

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just don't want to see us become like the Blazers of old, where they'd get a guy injured and just let him walk out there and keep playing. Responsible teams don't mess around when their star gets hurt.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:34 pm
I just don't want to see us become like the Blazers of old, where they'd get a guy injured and just let him walk out there and keep playing. Responsible teams don't mess around when their star gets hurt.
That was Brandon Roy...his knees were doomed from the start. I don’t think anything they did led to his early retirement. But I do agree with the idea...let’s not risk anything.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:13 am
Indy wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:26 pm
Shabazz wrote:
ShelC wrote:

Ding ding ding!

Head athletic trainer Roberto Sarverelli went to webmd.com and has determined that devin booker in fact has a left knee hurt.
They have determined that it is either a knee sprain or a quad contusion based on what they have read on WebMD. They do in fact know after talking to Book that "it hurts."
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

2021 Midseason report: Phoenix Suns
NBA.com takes stock of the Phoenix Suns after the first half of the 2020-21 season.
https://www.nba.com/news/2021-midseason ... oenix-suns

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Huge fingers crossed regarding Book
Hopefully it really isn't a big deal and as have others mentioned it doesn't become a listening to Monty be super coy n vague in his press conferences about Book's status cuz Monty has those type of answers down
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I finally finished the excellent O'Connor Suns article on The Ringer. Just fantastic. The Bridges video in the middle is fantastic in its own right.

This really surprised me:
This season, Paul and Ayton have paired up to run a pick-and-roll more than any other combination in the league.
And this was interesting and true:
“There’s an expectation in this league that players, coaches, and teams should improve. When it happens, we acknowledge it,” Jones said. “But when you have someone like Robert Sarver, who has grown and shown growth, privately and publicly, it’s tough for people to acknowledge because they don’t want to. I find it odd how tough it is for people to acknowledge that a team owner has grown. You could look at the things people say, but if you look at the things he’s done, you can’t draw any other conclusions besides he’s committed to winning and making Phoenix all it can be.”
It has been tough for us to acknowledge his growth and improvement. The closest we have come was recently when we let Sarver have that moment with the necklace, egged on by the players. Some here even celebrated it with avatars. (smh) But winning cures all. You have to admit that first the Jones transition to GM and then the Williams' hiring as coach have been huge steps in the right direction. We are finally back to winning Phoenix Suns basketball and boy, does it feel good.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If someone thinks they can do better they should have purchased the Suns themselves. Robert has gotten so much grief from Suns fan over the years and much of it was earned. He is the guy who put his money down though. He has never owned a sports team before. I’m sure there is a learning curve. The article points put that he has learned a lot of lessons and now the Suns are in second place. I am just not into relentlessly bashing the guy. I think Sarver deserves a little credit.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:06 pm
If someone thinks they can do better they should have purchased the Suns themselves. Robert has gotten so much grief from Suns fan over the years and much of it was earned. He is the guy who put his money down though. He has never owned a sports team before. I’m sure there is a learning curve. The article points put that he has learned a lot of lessons and now the Suns are in second place. I am just not into relentlessly bashing the guy. I think Sarver deserves a little credit.
Tell us more, Robert.