Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
The Bobster
Posts: 4892
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by The Bobster »

Seattle is a given of course, but I would like to see the second franchise go to a city without an NHL team fighting for arena dates and corporate support. Maybe Louisville or Kansas City.

And if the Seattle franchise doesn't adopt the SuperSonics name and colors a lot of people should be fired.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 4706
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Nodack »

A little side note. Dallas is out of the playoffs and the Suns are still in and gelling as a close nit team all pulling for each other. Doncic and Porzingis are not friends and don’t really like each other. Porzingis isn’t happy being Doncic’s little used side kick. I don’t know why but this brings a smile to my face.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21697
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:46 am
And if the Seattle franchise doesn't adopt the SuperSonics name and colors a lot of people should be fired.
This!
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21697
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:35 pm
A little side note. Dallas is out of the playoffs and the Suns are still in and gelling as a close nit team all pulling for each other. Doncic and Porzingis are not friends and don’t really like each other. Porzingis isn’t happy being Doncic’s little used side kick. I don’t know why but this brings a smile to my face.
I hadn't heard that. Is this common knowledge?
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

Online
User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 8091
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by ShelC »

Yea there have been a couple reports and rumblings out there for a few weeks now. Even Cuban said something to the effect that they don't have to be friends, just need to play together on the court. I don't know what to make of KP anymore, he's kind of just been relegated to 3pt shooter in Dallas. He was doing a lot more early on in NY and can't seem to stay healthy.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 13773
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Indy »

Yeah I obviously know that Porzingis isn't happy being a decoy in the corner, but didn't know they openly dislike each other.

Online
User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 8091
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by ShelC »


User avatar
Indy
Posts: 13773
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:10 pm
Yea there have been a couple reports and rumblings out there for a few weeks now. Even Cuban said something to the effect that they don't have to be friends, just need to play together on the court. I don't know what to make of KP anymore, he's kind of just been relegated to 3pt shooter in Dallas. He was doing a lot more early on in NY and can't seem to stay healthy.
I don't get why they don't use him more as a pick and pop or pick and roll. I mean he can post up or even run the offense a bit to get Luka some rest.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 13773
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:11 pm
Really short turn around again to get back on the 'normal' schedule. I really wish they would be a December to July league instead of October to June.

User avatar
pickle
Posts: 1739
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by pickle »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:12 pm
ShelC wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:10 pm
Yea there have been a couple reports and rumblings out there for a few weeks now. Even Cuban said something to the effect that they don't have to be friends, just need to play together on the court. I don't know what to make of KP anymore, he's kind of just been relegated to 3pt shooter in Dallas. He was doing a lot more early on in NY and can't seem to stay healthy.
I don't get why they don't use him more as a pick and pop or pick and roll. I mean he can post up or even run the offense a bit to get Luka some rest.
It’s been an ongoing knock on him that he can’t post up. Apparently his center of gravity is way too high for him to be able to move anybody with his ass and he has to almost fade away even from 15 to get a shot.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21697
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:52 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:12 pm
ShelC wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:10 pm
Yea there have been a couple reports and rumblings out there for a few weeks now. Even Cuban said something to the effect that they don't have to be friends, just need to play together on the court. I don't know what to make of KP anymore, he's kind of just been relegated to 3pt shooter in Dallas. He was doing a lot more early on in NY and can't seem to stay healthy.
I don't get why they don't use him more as a pick and pop or pick and roll. I mean he can post up or even run the offense a bit to get Luka some rest.
It’s been an ongoing knock on him that he can’t post up. Apparently his center of gravity is way too high for him to be able to move anybody with his ass and he has to almost fade away even from 15 to get a shot.
Oh, here we go again. He's got a small waist, right? Kept Amare from being a better rebounder.

If somebody puts their ass in my face, I'm going to back up.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 7313
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Cap »

If I had a dime for every time JVG complains about the rules...

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 3890
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 13773
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Indy »

5 months is a long time. hope he got a vacation in first.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 7647
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by In2ition »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:05 am
KCP getting votes is something. Wow
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21697
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:11 pm
5 months is a long time. hope he got a vacation in first.
That's his time. He should have waited until the season started ala Shaq.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21697
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:05 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:05 am
KCP getting votes is something. Wow
I'm confused. I thought Green was the best defensive player of all-time?
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 5093
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Among the 8 teams remaining, 6 are coached by former NBA players and 5 of those 6 played point guard.(Nate McMillan played enough PG to qualify, IMO.)

Monty is the only one who regularly played a non-guard position.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

Post Reply