Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
pickle
Posts: 2010
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by pickle »

Gotcha, thanks! I'm not in the States, not sure if that makes any difference, but I'll look into it.

User avatar
dragickingdom
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:09 am

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by dragickingdom »

pickle wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:36 am
Gotcha, thanks! I'm not in the States, not sure if that makes any difference, but I'll look into it.
When in doubt, VPN.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 13226
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Mori Chu »

Seems like the right move for the Hawks and McMillan.


JeremyG
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by JeremyG »

"Permanent"? So they can't ever fire him? :P

Online
User avatar
Split T
Posts: 13464
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Split T »

Kinda crazy that he took them to the ECF as an interim coach..was this the best interim coach performance of all time?
Split: I would trade DA for SGA right now(11-24-2020)

Cap: I wouldn’t. Somebody remember to check this post in five years and see which of us looks the fool.

Spoiler: I’m the fool

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 7423
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:59 am
Kinda crazy that he took them to the ECF as an interim coach..was this the best interim coach performance of all time?
Was Pat Riley an interim in 1982, after Westhead was fired?

User avatar
Charlie Smithy!
Posts: 1048
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Cap wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:24 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:59 am
Kinda crazy that he took them to the ECF as an interim coach..was this the best interim coach performance of all time?
Was Pat Riley an interim in 1982, after Westhead was fired?
Cap, if Paul Westhead woke up on the wrong side of the bed one morning, would he then be Paul Easthead?

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 5061
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Nodack »

If I filled a pool with Dry Ice and let it all melt and then jumped in, would I get wet?

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 22496
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Superbone »

We got a bunch of regular Steven Wrights here.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 7423
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Cap »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:23 pm
Cap wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:24 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:59 am
Kinda crazy that he took them to the ECF as an interim coach..was this the best interim coach performance of all time?
Was Pat Riley an interim in 1982, after Westhead was fired?
Cap, if Paul Westhead woke up on the wrong side of the bed one morning, would he then be Paul Easthead?
Or Paul Westfoot?

JeremyG
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by JeremyG »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:23 pm
Cap wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:24 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:59 am
Kinda crazy that he took them to the ECF as an interim coach..was this the best interim coach performance of all time?
Was Pat Riley an interim in 1982, after Westhead was fired?
Cap, if Paul Westhead woke up on the wrong side of the bed one morning, would he then be Paul Easthead?
If he stumbled out of bed, would he turn into Paul Westphal?

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 5061
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:53 pm
We got a bunch of regular Steven Wrights here.
Nailed it!

“When I was a child, we used to have a quick sand box. I was an only child…eventually.”

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 14187
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:39 pm
If I filled a pool with Dry Ice and let it all melt and then jumped in, would I get wet?
nope because dry ice doesn't melt; it sublimates.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 14187
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Indy »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:35 pm
weird they didn't mention his sexual assault cases and firing from NBC for it.

Online
User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 4090
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by bajanguy008 »

Nigeria - coached by Mike Brown with familiar names like Okogie, Precious Achuiwa and Ekpe Udoh here giving USA all they can handle in first exhibition
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 22496
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:27 pm
Nigeria - coached by Mike Brown with familiar names like Okogie, Precious Achuiwa and Ekpe Udoh here giving USA all they can handle in first exhibition
And?
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

Online
User avatar
Split T
Posts: 13464
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Split T »

They needed Booker
Split: I would trade DA for SGA right now(11-24-2020)

Cap: I wouldn’t. Somebody remember to check this post in five years and see which of us looks the fool.

Spoiler: I’m the fool

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 7423
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Cap »

And Middleton and Holiday.

Online
User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 4090
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:39 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:27 pm
Nigeria - coached by Mike Brown with familiar names like Okogie, Precious Achuiwa and Ekpe Udoh here giving USA all they can handle in first exhibition
And?
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 22496
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Around the League: Week 14 3/22-3/28

Post by Superbone »

Wow, that's scary for Team USA. Yep, they need NBA champion Booker for sure. Runner's up Middleton and Holiday would help a lot as well.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

Post Reply