Game Day: Hawks (23-23) @ Suns (31-14), Tues 3/30/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Game Day: Hawks (23-23) @ Suns (31-14), Tues 3/30/21

Post by ShelC »

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Crazy that we got Craig for cash and he’s already playing meaningful minutes.
Never know how to feel about these guys. Typical piss away dOuble figure lead and eek it out against a worse team game. But after a decade of shit sandwiches it feels wrong to complain too much at times. At least my league pass purchase is justified for once.
Interesting we mixed things up late in the game. Do you think that was on purpose. Hopefully it gives DA a little confidence boost.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:16 pm
Crowder was great tonight. What a veteran, coming back from a rough game the other night. Craig was also awesome, though he takes about 2 shots a game that make me cringe. Saric was excellent off the bench. I also thought Ayton did a nice job. Paul had another rough game. Is he wearing out? Maybe give him a game or two to rest.

We did a nice job containing Trae. Capella impressed me; reminds me of what a veteran version of Ayton might look like. Bogdanovic is such a killer; reminds me a bit of Ginobili, without quite as much F-U in him. Glad we held on for the win.
Yea huge bounce back game from Crowder. Great to see that. Craig was great also, but he needs to clean up that offense. Hopefully he learns to pick his spots better cutting and crashing the boards rather than ISO offense. I do like his strength and explosiveness tho, which we've been lacking.

Bounce back game from Saric too, who was hitting 3s and working the post. We went to him a lot in the post I think against the Lakers and had success. That might be the steady offense we need more of with the bench. You can play thru him in the post because of his post moves and passing.

DA was another very solid game on both ends, tho we need to figure out the PnR coverage because the Hawks were killing us just throwing it over the top to Capela. But DA was forceful again, especially early and had a big hook shot late in the game.

Book was a little off and CP is still dragging. I don't even remember him taking 10 shots last night. Thought Payne looked good, I liked his aggression on both ends. Gallo is off tho, might be time to dust off one of the other guys.

phatmike

Post by phatmike »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:31 am
...Interesting we mixed things up late in the game. Do you think that was on purpose. Hopefully it gives DA a little confidence boost...
I think that yeah, they are trying to figure out what is going to work in close games moving forward. In a way, I'm glad this team is having to grind out ugly wins. That is REQUIRED in the playoffs. Let this team get battle tested now, rather than later.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:13 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:02 pm
Collins is going to show us tonight why we should pursue him in the off-season
9 points, 4 rebounds.
In 15 minutes. He sprained his ankle and couldn't return.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.