Suns Final 16 Regular Season Games of the 20-21 Season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Suns Final 16 Regular Season Games of the 20-21 Season

Post by Indy »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:02 pm
Of course I don’t want to leave on a first round showdown against the Lakers, but even if we go into the playoffs as the better seeded team, that came from a healthier roster (despite all the WebMD jokes, right?) not from a really superior one, and specially the Lakers match up, this one could either way. Very unlikely that the road ahead stop me from enjoying this year, for example, among some other developments, Booker finally making the playoffs while sticking truthful to our team is great, and makes it remarkable as so many other young stars would have fled already.

Not telling any of you how to live your fandom, as I’m not willing to accept from others what ”failure” should mean to me, specially when it comes to things I use for relaxation , as it is my Suns’ fandom. I’m only talking about me, and how I take things in life. I’m willing to enjoy my popcorn, even if the bottom of the bag is burned, I’m willing to taste a nice tequila on a friend's house, even if I know that I have a better one at home. I won’t carry along the weight of the past, specially from 53 years, (no wonder why that Cubby troll got under so many skins with a one-line-boring-as-hell nonsense), and to me, “championship or bust” is a philosophy that usually ends on a bitter life.
I am jealous that you can relax when watching the Suns play basketball. :lol:

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Indy wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:23 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Of course I don’t want to leave on a first round showdown against the Lakers, but even if we go into the playoffs as the better seeded team, that came from a healthier roster (despite all the WebMD jokes, right?) not from a really superior one, and specially the Lakers match up, this one could either way. Very unlikely that the road ahead stop me from enjoying this year, for example, among some other developments, Booker finally making the playoffs while sticking truthful to our team is great, and makes it remarkable as so many other young stars would have fled already.

Not telling any of you how to live your fandom, as I’m not willing to accept from others what ”failure” should mean to me, specially when it comes to things I use for relaxation , as it is my Suns’ fandom. I’m only talking about me, and how I take things in life. I’m willing to enjoy my popcorn, even if the bottom of the bag is burned, I’m willing to taste a nice tequila on a friend's house, even if I know that I have a better one at home. I won’t carry along the weight of the past, specially from 53 years, (no wonder why that Cubby troll got under so many skins with a one-line-boring-as-hell nonsense), and to me, “championship or bust” is a philosophy that usually ends on a bitter life.
I concur
Respect to you Aztec
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

We could still end up with a rematch from the last Suns resurgence in 2005, with Suns at #1 and Memphis at #8.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Indy wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:23 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Living in current Mexico it’s the key to do the trick, but that’s for another folder :lol:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

Yeah, 29 out of 30 teams "fail" every year if a championship is your only measure. This year is already a huge success for me. I knew they would be much improved but I never dreamed of them battling for the best record in the league.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

viewtopic.php?p=204855#p204855

Remaining 16: 9-5 — Overall: 49-21

Remaining
@ Spurs (Saturday)
@ Spurs (Sunday)
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

would be nice to get to 50 wins.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I've certainly enjoyed the season but if we were to play thru the regular season trying to win every day just to get our asses handed to us by the Lakers in the 1st round, I'll be extremely pissed and disappointed - especially if we could've jockeyed for position and avoided them. Imagine the day after we lose our series to Lebron and AD - are we really going to pat ourselves on the backs because we took on the Lakers and lost? I don't do moral victories this year. We're past that - if this were last year's feel good team with Rubio and Oubre it'd be a different story. But a 1st round exit would only mean we were a good regular season team but, really, just pretenders. And the Lakers aren't your typical bottom seed either. If LBJ and AD play the entire season, the Lakers are a top 2 seed.

I understand the "I want to play the best and beat the best" mentality, but I'd much rather win a few playoff series. I think it's part of the strategy to work to find favorable matchups because the playoffs are about matchups. And no one's going to remember who we played in the 1st round anyway. You think most people remember the Raptors beat the Ws without Klay and KD? Do Raptors fans think their title means less because they beat an injured Ws team?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

With only 2 days left in the regular season, we still have 6 potential first-round opponents :shock:

Dallas
Portland
LA Lakers
Golden State
Memphis
San Antonio
Last edited by JeremyG on Fri May 14, 2021 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Indy

Post by Indy »

isn't in great? I am a fan of the play in.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Yep, but even if there was no Play-In Tournament, it would still be 5 possible opponents, which is quite remarkable.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:41 am
I've certainly enjoyed the season but if we were to play thru the regular season trying to win every day just to get our asses handed to us by the Lakers in the 1st round, I'll be extremely pissed and disappointed - especially if we could've jockeyed for position and avoided them. Imagine the day after we lose our series to Lebron and AD - are we really going to pat ourselves on the backs because we took on the Lakers and lost? I don't do moral victories this year. We're past that - if this were last year's feel good team with Rubio and Oubre it'd be a different story. But a 1st round exit would only mean we were a good regular season team but, really, just pretenders. And the Lakers aren't your typical bottom seed either. If LBJ and AD play the entire season, the Lakers are a top 2 seed.

I understand the "I want to play the best and beat the best" mentality, but I'd much rather win a few playoff series. I think it's part of the strategy to work to find favorable matchups because the playoffs are about matchups. And no one's going to remember who we played in the 1st round anyway. You think most people remember the Raptors beat the Ws without Klay and KD? Do Raptors fans think their title means less because they beat an injured Ws team?
Easier said than done. You don't get to pick your opponents. As evidenced by what Jeremy said, there are still a lot of possibilities with only 2 games left. This isn't a comic book. The Suns aren't Dr. Strange. It is what it is.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:12 am
would be nice to get to 50 wins.
Yep! Whatever happens, I either nailed it or I was off by only one.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

You play the hand you are dealt. There is only one winner and 29 losers every year. We have been one of the losers for over fifty years straight. That’s one way of looking at it.

I have been given a hell of a lot of entertainment and drama from the Suns in those years that has made me come back every year and this year has been one of the most memorable ones ever. I can’t wait to see how it turns out. As a reality show this beats the hell out of the Kardasians. I will definitely watch next season.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

viewtopic.php?p=204855#p204855

Remaining 16: 10-5 — Overall: 50-21

Remaining
@ Spurs (Sunday)
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

50 wins, baby!
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
I understand the "I want to play the best and beat the best" mentality, but I'd much rather win a few playoff series. I think it's part of the strategy to work to find favorable matchups because the playoffs are about matchups.
I mean, sure, I see the value in getting the young players on this team as many playoff games as possible, but I just don't think you build contenders by hunting for favorable matchups and hiding from others.
ShelC wrote:
And no one's going to remember who we played in the 1st round anyway. You think most people remember the Raptors beat the Ws without Klay and KD?
Absolutely they do. It didn't happen that long ago. But as we get further away from it, sure, people will forget about KD and Klay going down. At the same time, I don't think people will remember that Raptors team. The records will always show them as champions, but I think you'll see more people write about the 7SOL Suns than they will that Raptors championship team.
ShelC wrote:
Do Raptors fans think their title means less because they beat an injured Ws team?
I'm sure there are homers who just love being able to say their team won it all. But I'll be the first to admit that if the Suns won that way, it would mean less to me.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:28 am
With only 2 days left in the regular season, we still have 6 potential first-round opponents :shock:

Dallas
Portland
LA Lakers
Golden State
Memphis
San Antonio
With 0 games left in our regular season, we still have 5 possible first-round opponents:

Portland
LA Lakers
Golden State
Memphis
San Antonio

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:47 pm
ShelC wrote:
Do Raptors fans think their title means less because they beat an injured Ws team?
I'm sure there are homers who just love being able to say their team won it all. But I'll be the first to admit that if the Suns won that way, it would mean less to me.
Dude. After following this team since the early 70s, NOTHING would take ANYTHING away from the Suns' first championship for me! Absolutely NOTHING.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:28 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:52 pm
If we finish the rest of the season going 8-8, that isn't bad, right? Based on our schedule, number of road games, etc?
I'd take it. We wouldn't quite hit my 50 win prediction but we'd be close. Let's track it from here.
Remaining 16: 11-5 — Overall: 51-21
GameResultScore
@ BucksWIN128-127 (OT)
@ 76ersWIN116-113
@ CelticsLoss86-99
@ NetsLoss119-128
@ KnicksWIN118-110
ClippersWIN109-101
JazzWIN121-100
@ThunderWIN123-120
@ CavsWIN134-118 (OT)
@ HawksLoss103-135
KnicksWIN128-105
@ LakersLoss110-123
@ WarriorsLoss116-122
BlazersWIN118-117
@ SpursWIN140-103
@ SpursWIN123-121
-------------------------------------

Well, there you go! 11-5. Better than expected. Great season. I think Bobster said that this winning percentage puts us at 5th best Suns regular season of all-time.
"Be Legendary."