Game Day: Clippers (43-20) @ Suns (43-18), Wed 4/28/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day: Clippers (43-20) @ Suns (43-18), Wed 4/28/21

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:33 am
Smh lol
Man I saw a still shot and CP is about to shake the hand of the Thunder assistant coach. So it wasn't a straight diss but that happens all the time, more than two ppl come together at the same time and somebody would wait while the other two dap up.

So yea long story short, there isn't any love lost unless PG would have just waited the couple seconds til CP finish shaking the assistant hand.
No need for the Bro Hug :twisted:
Well, my question would be why is a Thunder assistant coach lining up after a Suns/Clippers game? ;)
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:02 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:35 am
What happened to Cam Johnson's shot? It only showed up in NY late in the 4th when he hit 2 in a row, then disappeared again last night.
He's saving it for the playoffs. Just don't ask him about it.
I hope you're right.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:13 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:02 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:35 am
What happened to Cam Johnson's shot? It only showed up in NY late in the 4th when he hit 2 in a row, then disappeared again last night.
He's saving it for the playoffs. Just don't ask him about it.
I hope you're right.
You and me both!
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

This was a nice game. I don't know how much I would take away from it in terms of post-season implications as they were missing Kawhi and Ibaka, while we didn't have Saric or Crowder. I guess if we ended up with the same record we wouldn't have the tie breaker, but having the last victory does the team confidence some good.

It feels like Booker has been tired the last few games. I know that he put up a lot of points, but he hasn't been breaking people down off the dribble and his attacks to the basket have been less efficient from the eye test.

Not sure if anything really did happen during that nose incident for Cam but his missed shots last night were off a lot... hopefully he gets it back together. He still played solid defense and I'm looking forward to when he puts up a 20 point game in the playoffs.

Ayton had an off game. He played decently hard but Zubac gave him real trouble, getting position down low and baiting him with very efficient post moves. I was thinking how great it would've been if we had Zubac off the bench... I think the Knicks and Clippers, when they play their smaller lineups, tend to be more frenetic in their defense and their smaller guys are more physical when there's a mismatch so it's not as easy to dump the ball into Ayton even when he puts a 6'6 guy on his back. He needs to learn to establish his position better, or the team needs to learn to space the floor a little better to discourage post help. Ayton's rebounding was still instrumental for the victory though. Because Booker and Paul didn't really break down the defense as much off of those pick and rolls Ayton didn't get really clean looks right at the basket, and at least two of his floaters didn't fall which probably made him more tentative.

Payne was awesome, but I feel like he's still pressing a little too much. His first quarter performance was brilliant, but there were at least two shots that I felt were heat check / I better take these while I can type shots. If he has more confidence that he's a long term piece for this team and being groomed to eventually take over for Paul, maybe he won't make some of those plays. Kaminsky seems to play within himself much better. If anything he plays a little too much within himself and I wish he were a little more aggressive.

Paul George doesn't seem to be the mentally strong type, and overcompensates by saying some really stupid things. His departure from Indiana was not on good terms, and Playoff P definitely didn't rub people the right way. Having said that, his combination of length and strength tends to give Suns' type of lankier defenders trouble, and that one three pointer with CP3 right up in his grill was impressive. When he drove the lane he was able to overcome some contact from the Suns defenders, and on at least two of those drives, I felt like if it were Harden there would've been 3 whistles already. For that I am very impressed by George.

That first half rip through from George to get three free throws was bullshit. Kaminsky got a rip through later on in the second half though, so at least he's taking advantage of the rules somewhat.

One last thing, and I know this is bordering on treason, but we could use a 4 like M***** M******.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Oh, man! What a fantastic post right up until the very last line! You're killing me!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Speaking of the rip through, I love how Paul uses that to get FTs deep into quarters.
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Lol yeah. I am just saying, if he had never come through phoenix and we just look at what he is, a physical and reasonably bulky 6’8 player who can hit the three at a high rate, that’s exactly what we need. But I’m certainly not advocating that we somehow acquire him.

CP3 is exactly the kind of guy that you hate when he’s on another team but love when he’s on yours.

The reason I was pissed off about that George rip through in the first half was that he had a very clear forward motion on his swing in order to get contact. It’s analogous to that defender leaping into the air rule where as long as you did you are guilty of a foul and in case as long as your arms are extended forward you are vulnerable to that rip through. But just like with that jumping rule if the offensive player leapt forward five feet just to generate contact, or had to swing his arm in front to the fullest of his considerable wingspan to “rip through” then its total baloney.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:54 pm
Oh, man! What a fantastic post right up until the very last line! You're killing me!
Yeah, and, I mean, don't we have several 3-and-D wings whs are pretty similar to M*****? I'd argue that Crowder is about as similar as you're going to get, minus the awful behavior.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:34 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:54 pm
Yeah, and, I mean, don't we have several 3-and-D wings whs are pretty similar to M*****? I'd argue that Crowder is about as similar as you're going to get, minus the awful behavior.
Morris is hitting .471 from three this year.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:38 am
The reason I was pissed off about that George rip through in the first half was that he had a very clear forward motion on his swing in order to get contact. It’s analogous to that defender leaping into the air rule where as long as you did you are guilty of a foul and in case as long as your arms are extended forward you are vulnerable to that rip through. But just like with that jumping rule if the offensive player leapt forward five feet just to generate contact, or had to swing his arm in front to the fullest of his considerable wingspan to “rip through” then its total baloney.
Agreed and the refs should know the difference and blow the whistle accordingly for both of those types of plays.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I hate the rip-through stuff even when it's our guy doing it. I also really hate the absolute epidemic of "shoot a 3 and fall down as you land" that has taken over the league. It's like the fall is just an automatic part of the shot. Because why not? Every so often you'll fool the ref and get 3 free throws. Blech.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:15 am
I hate the rip-through stuff even when it's our guy doing it. I also really hate the absolute epidemic of "shoot a 3 and fall down as you land" that has taken over the league. It's like the fall is just an automatic part of the shot. Because why not? Every so often you'll fool the ref and get 3 free throws. Blech.
Yeah, bobster calls it the shoot and fall down league or something like that. ;)
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

A little Suns/Clippers history:

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm guessing that it's pretty small, but does anyone know how much of an ownership stake Fitz has? I did some light digging and couldn't find info on it.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:33 pm
I'm guessing that it's pretty small, but does anyone know how much of an ownership stake Fitz has? I did some light digging and couldn't find info on it.
I’ve heard you have to have at least 1% to be considered a minority owner...but other than that I’m not sure.