The Official 2021 Phoenix Suns Playoff Run Realists' Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
virtual9mm

Re: The Official 2021 Phoenix Suns Playoff Run Realists' Thread

Post by virtual9mm »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:04 am
Here is Cubby’s latest post :lol:
A second alarm has gone off because should the Suns ring here they're fit and proper for a repeat and beyond. There ain't a rotten apple in the whole gd organization. Nary a crumb bum. Not one. All fine chappies.
This organization/players have a pristine appearance about it. A Midas touch has taken place all along the assembly line. Somehow, I have no idea how in this day & age of NBA players.

Never have I thought the past 35 years this would ever take place. I got here at Xmas in '86 and recall sitting in a Hinky Dinky parking lot listening to a Suns/Lakers game on the car radio. Fuckin' Al McCoy with that anti-Lakers grip they all have here in Arizona raised the hackles and I was hit with a hatred so keen for this organization and Media that it's never left me. And I passed it down to the children...

Watching a Suns game on the tv way back there...

-"Goddamn I hate these son-of-a-bitches!"

- "Dale!"///the wife from the kitchen.

- "I hate 'em too, dad." My eldest son in a whisper.

- A couple minutes later..."Dad, why do we hate 'em?"

My day of reckoning is at hand.

Grim business.
Nooo waaaaay. Cubby is on board the bandwagon???

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

virtual9mm wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:43 am
JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:04 am
Here is Cubby’s latest post :lol:
A second alarm has gone off because should the Suns ring here they're fit and proper for a repeat and beyond. There ain't a rotten apple in the whole gd organization. Nary a crumb bum. Not one. All fine chappies.
This organization/players have a pristine appearance about it. A Midas touch has taken place all along the assembly line. Somehow, I have no idea how in this day & age of NBA players.

Never have I thought the past 35 years this would ever take place. I got here at Xmas in '86 and recall sitting in a Hinky Dinky parking lot listening to a Suns/Lakers game on the car radio. Fuckin' Al McCoy with that anti-Lakers grip they all have here in Arizona raised the hackles and I was hit with a hatred so keen for this organization and Media that it's never left me. And I passed it down to the children...

Watching a Suns game on the tv way back there...

-"Goddamn I hate these son-of-a-bitches!"

- "Dale!"///the wife from the kitchen.

- "I hate 'em too, dad." My eldest son in a whisper.

- A couple minutes later..."Dad, why do we hate 'em?"

My day of reckoning is at hand.

Grim business.
Nooo waaaaay. Cubby is on board the bandwagon???
Ha. It’s hitting him hard. Oh please let this be the year we finally break through!

The Suns have had very likable teams through the years but this just might be the most likable yet!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Wow! A little insight into his twisted mind after all these years.

Fuckin' Al McCoy with that anti-Lakers grip they all have here in Arizona raised the hackles and I was hit with a hatred so keen for this organization and Media that it's never left me. And I passed it down to the children

So it was Al McCoy who did it to him. How awesome is that!

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:02 am
Wow! A little insight into his twisted mind after all these years.

Fuckin' Al McCoy with that anti-Lakers grip they all have here in Arizona raised the hackles and I was hit with a hatred so keen for this organization and Media that it's never left me. And I passed it down to the children

So it was Al McCoy who did it to him. How awesome is that!
Al McCoy, the agitator? Wow

Anti lakers comments from a media guy, lead you to hate a local team? Wouldn’t that lead into hating at least ten more teams?

They guy HATES the Suns and still sit down to watch their games?

Proud to initiate your son into a path of Hate?

Twisted mind indeed.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He was completely dedicated to making Suns fans miserable as he could. It was his passion. He must love L.A.

I lived in L.A. for four years and hated it. The smog and traffic was bad. Being an outsider I got the impression that people in L.A. thought the world revolved around L.A. and everyone else were just small town hicks. I can see where they get it. A lot of the tv shows, movies are made there. The major actors celebs, musicians all live there. Anyone who wants to “make it” moves there for their shot at the big prize. I know it’s dumb but, I developed an attitude towards the place living there, being a small town hick. Yes, we in Phx are small town hicks to people from L.A.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:40 am
He was completely dedicated to making Suns fans miserable as he could. It was his passion. He must love L.A.

I lived in L.A. for four years and hated it. The smog and traffic was bad. Being an outsider I got the impression that people in L.A. thought the world revolved around L.A. and everyone else were just small town hicks. I can see where they get it. A lot of the tv shows, movies are made there. The major actors celebs, musicians all live there. Anyone who wants to “make it” moves there for their shot at the big prize. I know it’s dumb but, I developed an attitude towards the place living there, being a small town hick. Yes, we in Phx are small town hicks to people from L.A.
AKA a one horse town (Kidd).
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

You guys are ok with me.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Cubby's latest post on ST:
I'm a more than a bit conflicted, Mitch. The older I get the softer I seem to be getting. When you want something as bad as these Suns fans want this it's difficult to not be affected. (We've) been there. I wanted that one in '10 so damn badly. I thought I'd die if we didn't get it. It's still like a dream sometimes. Thne afterward with Artest holding that emotional news conference; his entire family was there, his mom and dad, his wife and children and he came clean if front of the entire company, no advance warning to Media, no set up, just rang and took to that microphone. He recovered himself that night on that podium for all his transgressions. He was contrite and compact. I never saw it comin'. I'll never forget it.

I suppose I want the Suns fans to experience that feeling. The hate is draining from me. Win or lose I'll never do the O & __ again as long as I live.

In times of real life when it kicks you down and leaves you helpless I always think of the championships: the look on Kobe's face as the end came into view in '10. He was so frightened and desperate to have it just be over. No game face then as it came down to it. And Daddy there vs. Indiana, in the immediate aftermath coming to the restraining ropes and looking for his father with that terrified look on his face. If he hadn't rung there Media woulda went after him with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. The Media was merciless then. Took all the joy out of it for me. I just settled back into the Lazy Boy and rested. It was too much. And Kupchak in the Boston Garden after it was finally all over. He's in tears, his knee is shackled and Bertka is by his side. "Tell 'em what I told you."

"I'm still 6'10, 240."

These moments warm and help me get past another day, another crisis as the girl and I grow older. I cannot imagine going thru 52 years without having an NBA title in my possession. I know these guys, have fought with them since the Internet came on-line. I know just a fraction of what they're going thru and it haunts me and has changed me, Mitch. It's inexplicable, and I know how it must sound, but I can't help myself. They are so close to what (((they need))), and they need it so damn bad. I already have had that need sated. I'd like to see them win the last game they play.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Wow.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hard to believe thats the same guy.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Cubby's post tonight:
Well, I've experienced an epiphany since last weekend, ez. I was a bit conflicted even in the immediate aftermath of their victory over us in the first round, but then I started recalling the past 35 years and I became very emotional. I even cried, and I mean real tears, no bullshit, no settin' up Suns fans, no angling for a jinx. I just became a bit morose and reflective at the thought of what I've been able to experience thru all my success and the happiness and most of all the contentment this success has granted me thru the years. Whenever I really (needed it) my prayers were answered. '85, the triple there as the century turned and of late in '10. I wanted them so damn bad and was not disappointed. I've been extremely fortunate.

My brother Suns, yes, we've been thru the wringer together, at each other's throats for decades, but I have always considered them brothers and felt a kinship with them even in the depths of our blooded feud. They have needs, just like I have had, they've hoped, wished, and prayed and have received nothing in over half-a-century. I cannot imagine waiting for 52 years. It is unimaginable. I was born to the Lakers after they'd already rung, yet I felt deprived and panic struck in '84 when we failed and Magic was on-the-spot. He prevailed in '85 and I felt delivered. These people here need this. I want them to be 2021 NBA World Champions and have that experience within their hearts to carry them on thru the years, to bolster them as the mantle of Champion has bolstered me thru the decades.

My hat is in hand, I stand before the Suns faithful humbled and wishing to be a good loser.

I ain't gonna grudge it, nor skulk afterward, I will never again lodge O & __. It's gone and will remain gone, win or lose, ever more. So-help-me-God.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I still have a hard time believing that’s Cubby. The Cubby I know enjoys inflicting pain and misery. He would hate Suns fans being happy and want to destroy their happiness through taunts and insults. Did he have a near death experience that somehow gave him a conscience and empthy? This is clearly a different person or a changed man.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

He's older. People change. He wants to be allowed a one day pass here to congratulate us after we ring.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

iLLmatic wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:24 am
He's older. People change. He wants to be allowed a one day pass here to congratulate us after we ring.
Wow. Just wow.

It's not my call but I'd say that we give him the one-day pass. As long as he walks down Central Avenue with that pair of pink flip flops that Vlad Taltos has been saving for him over the decades.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If he is truly a changed man and those words he wrote are sincere, I wouldn’t be against him having a day here. Now that I think about it, if it wasn’t for Cubby, there wouldn’t be a phxsuns.net in the first place. This site was built so Suns fans could escape Cubby on AZ Central, who failed at controlling his 24/7/365 dedication to taunting Suns fans on their site.

I was baited into doing battle with him so many times until finally someone told me about this place that was Cubby free and filled with knowledgeable Suns fans. It was a great day, the day I was accepted here and escaped Cubby. He managed to sneak in a couple of times and was invited for a brief period too before becoming Cubby again.

It would be fitting if the Suns won a Championship and we all got to chat with Cubby and see where his soul took him after all these years.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:53 pm
I still have a hard time believing that’s Cubby. The Cubby I know enjoys inflicting pain and misery. He would hate Suns fans being happy and want to destroy their happiness through taunts and insults. Did he have a near death experience that somehow gave him a conscience and empthy? This is clearly a different person or a changed man.
I remember him saying years ago that he would be happy for us if we won a championship, and I think he even said back then that he wanted us to be able to know what it feels like.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I’ve never chatted with that Cubby. The Cubby I knew would have only said something like that sarcastically to inflict pain and suffering somehow. He was very clever and sneaky. He clearly enjoyed being a troll and getting under your skin. Nothing gave him more satisfaction in life I believe.

All this love for Suns fans I keep hearing about is SO out of character for the Cubby I know. I just have a hard time believing it’s the same guy or am suspicious that it’s just another plot to get under our skin in some elaborate scheme.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In another episode of “Where Are They Today”, we ask where is Ladmo? I know he ended up hating every here for the most part but, he has to be pretty happy today.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

And what happened to the guy that wouldn’t use caps. Ever. And would ramble on and on.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:19 pm
In another episode of “Where Are They Today”, we ask where is Ladmo? I know he ended up hating every here for the most part but, he has to be pretty happy today.
I hope he's still around somewhere, happy as a clam like the rest of us.