The Official 2021 Phoenix Suns Playoff Run Realists' Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: The Official 2021 Phoenix Suns Playoff Run Optimists' Thread

Post by INFORMER »

I will hate it if Davis can't come back. I want to hang the L on LeBron when he has his sidekick with him.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:14 pm
If Davis is done, the Suns will take this in 6.

If Davis comes back, then this will go 7, and it's anyone's series.
Sounds about right. Assuming Paul really is back which he sure appears to be.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:55 pm
I will hate it if Davis can't come back. I want to hang the L on LeBron when he has his sidekick with him.
That would be the ultimate. But I'm also not going to cry for them either especially with Paul compromised for so much of the series.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Whatever. This is the AD tax. He's bound to injure himself falling down at least once a series.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 4:04 pm
Whatever. This is the AD tax. He's bound to injure himself falling down at least once a series.
The over/under on him falling to the ground and grabbing something every game is 3. I think he's had the over every game in this series but this one but only because he didn't play in the second half.
"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Davis and Lebron love to set the table on “I wasn’t 100%” narratives every time they play sub par or in the verge of losing, I was actually surprised Davis didn’t return, since he did the same last game and the game before. Of course there was no way you lose game 4, it was nothing. Now, coming game five, I want him to say the same the moment he enters the media room tonight.

Nobody felt sorry for us losing Paul, and were ready to bury us after last game, so I’m not the slightest sorry about LA having to face a Davisless scenario going forward. Specially after all that showboating they pulled off last game.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I felt confident the Suns could've won game 2 if Paul were healthy, and I think the second half of game 4 would've been much different if AD played.

It all evens out. 3 game series.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 4:53 pm
Nobody felt sorry for us losing Paul, and were ready to bury us after last game, so I’m not the slightest sorry about LA having to face a Davisless scenario going forward. Specially after all that showboating they pulled off last game.
Speaking of that, where was all the LeBron showboating in this one? Hmm.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I didn't have a problem with what LeBron did in game 3. It was his gaggle of clowns on the bench that went over the line. (literally)

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Just one guys opinion but if correct it may make this series a lot more winnable.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It’s ok. He’s got all off-season to recover. I would have loved to beat them full strength but he kind of forced the action here. Oh, well.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I would have loved to beat them at full strength with us at full strength. We weren’t at full strength the first three games. Lebron and his bench had no problem rubbing it in. I will never feel sorry for the Lakers.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 9:26 pm
I would have loved to beat them at full strength with us at full strength. We weren’t at full strength the first three games. Lebron and his bench had no problem rubbing it in. I will never feel sorry for the Lakers.
Sorry for them? Heh, no.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

This makes game 5 more optimistic

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Nobody felt sorry for us losing Paul, and were ready to bury us after last game, so I’m not the slightest sorry about LA having to face a Davisless scenario going forward.
I'm not sure what/who you have in mind when you say "nobody," but Paul's injury was a constant talking point in the pregame shows and game broadcasts. It was generally acknowledged that it was hurting the Suns' chances.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I also don't get all the "I'm not going to cry for them...I'm not going to feel sorry for them" comments. I don't think anyone is asking Suns fans to feel sorry for the Lakers. I hate the Davis injury because beating the Lakers without him isn't as significant of an achievement as beating them with them. I get the greatest amount of joy when my team wins because they were better, not because the other team was missing a superstar or because my team had a bad call in critical moment go their way.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:23 am
I also don't get all the "I'm not going to cry for them...I'm not going to feel sorry for them" comments. I don't think anyone is asking Suns fans to feel sorry for the Lakers. I hate the Davis injury because beating the Lakers without him isn't as significant of an achievement as beating them with them. I get the greatest amount of joy when my team wins because they were better, not because the other team was missing a superstar or because my team had a bad call in critical moment go their way.
Yeah, but it depends on what accomplishments you value more than others. If the Lakers have a healthy Lebron and Davis, we probably aren't going to beat them. But if we do beat them, I think we have a decent chance of going to the Finals this year. I'd rather have that accomplishment vs. the purity of playing the Lakers at full strength.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
You're welcome, of course, to feel however you want to feel but I will take GREAT JOY if we win the series either way. Injuries happen. It's part of the game. It affected the Suns in a big way too.

Let's talk about your avatar for a minute. Wow. What a pick up. When we got him in the bubble, I didn't know anything about him and was amazed at what a big impact he had on our team. And now here he is having a major impact in the playoffs. I couldn't be happier for him and how much he has meant to this team.
"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

INFORMER wrote:
Do you remember at heart the injury report from the time we sweep the Spurs? Of course we can google it, but I don’t think that, keeping it honest, someone does, or even cares, about those injury reports, WE SWEEP THEM. Or what about the variety of injuries Kobe had along those years when we eliminated them? Kobe himself acknowledge us as a rivalry, given the time we bounce them out of the playoffs, injuries aside.

So yeah, injuries are part of the game, as we know first hand.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:16 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Nobody felt sorry for us losing Paul, and were ready to bury us after last game, so I’m not the slightest sorry about LA having to face a Davisless scenario going forward.
I'm not sure what/who you have in mind when you say "nobody," but Paul's injury was a constant talking point in the pregame shows and game broadcasts. It was generally acknowledged that it was hurting the Suns' chances.
And I’m not sure what you gain from trying to be some sort of “voice of reason” minimizing the disparity on the referees, or the change on tide the injuries brought to this series since game 1. Can you ever enjoy something about this team? Or you have to keep dissecting everything until you find something wrong?

But to answer directly: One thing is to acknowledge something, and another different to feel sorry for those affected, the non- local media was already talking about potential matchups in the next round for the Lakers. So yeah, I will enjoy defeating them and moving on past them, specially after those very same lakers were clowning around us in the middle of the game three, like they already have defeated the Suns on game 7. Not an ounce of respect for the rival, so yeah, there is plenty of people on my mind when I say “nobody”. Even some on this forum I dare say.