Around the league: June 2014

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Around the league: June 2014

Post by Wally_West »

According to Yahoo, Derek Fisher will be the new head coach of the Knicks. And the contract is ridiculous!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--d ... 16360.html

Superbone

Re: Around the league: June 2014

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:According to Yahoo, Derek Fisher will be the new head coach of the Knicks. And the contract is ridiculous!

Crazy, man. First Kidd, now Fisher. Straight from playing to coaching. And $5M per year for a first time coach at any level? Like I said, crazy.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:According to Yahoo, Derek Fisher will be the new head coach of the Knicks. And the contract is ridiculous!

Crazy, man. First Kidd, now Fisher. Straight from playing to coaching. And $5M per year for a first time coach at any level? Like I said, crazy.
He makes out better coaching than playing, right?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Maybe they feel if they don't the "players" something close to what they just stopped making, that they won't feel compensated for coaching.

I hope he fails miserably.

carey

Post by carey »

Kerr basically got the same amount & never coached a game in his life. I agree that it's ridiculous. Anyone know what Hornacek makes? It ain't $5M/yr...
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

He makes $2M, tied with a number of other coached for lowes salary in the L.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:He makes $2M, tied with a number of other coached for lowes salary in the L.
Maybe Kerr and Fisher will be 2.5 times the coach Hornacek is.

NOT!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

WTF are cavs thinking? The fact that this almost happened is both hilarious and really fucked up, this would've been a disaster.

http://m.basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/ ... -cavaliers

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Cleveland needs respectability. The only way you are attracting prestigious names is by overpaying grossly, and there is no guarantee that gets it done considering how rotten things looks from the outside.

Really, the Cavs are a dumpster, in some ways even worse than we were last season. They should take advantage of having fired Grant and the #1 and just start over.

Instead begging Irving to take the franchise max, send him to the highest bidder (at worst I guess LAL for their #7 plus whatever future picks they can move), and get rid of the rest of their dysfunctional pieces. Removing the GM cancer was the first step, but they need a roster makeover like what the Wizards did.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Word is (and this is not really a surprise) that if Kyle Anderson drops far enough, that the Spurs will try to make a deal to jump up a little in the draft to get him.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Cleveland needs respectability. The only way you are attracting prestigious names is by overpaying grossly, and there is no guarantee that gets it done considering how rotten things looks from the outside.

Really, the Cavs are a dumpster, in some ways even worse than we were last season. They should take advantage of having fired Grant and the #1 and just start over.

Instead begging Irving to take the franchise max, send him to the highest bidder (at worst I guess LAL for their #7 plus whatever future picks they can move), and get rid of the rest of their dysfunctional pieces. Removing the GM cancer was the first step, but they need a roster makeover like what the Wizards did.
I heard that the contract offer was actually $80 for 10 years, and that this was an attempt to go all in on the hope that they could lure LeBron back to Cleveland with their upgraded roster of potential budding stars to surround LeBron with.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

To lure LeBron back. Pse. I think they burned that bridge, but you never know.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

We've all heard that the Bulls want to trade for Love, but rumor has it that they are also looking to move up in the draft to pick an elite shooter. Their target is the Denver pick at 11, trying to trade their 16 and 19 to move up.

If Denver would take that, they would prefer to take the Suns 14 and 18, but that might be a little too rich for the Suns.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

You'd need to be absolutely positive that the guy you want is going to be picked by Orlando or the Wolves to do it. If I fell in love with one prospect I'd pull the trigger, but I don't know who that could be in this range.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Gordon, Stauskas, McDermott, I think in that order.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

14 and 18 for 11? The Suns would get robbed in that deal. Plus, I think Philly takes that deal for #10.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:14 and 18 for 11? The Suns would get robbed in that deal. Plus, I think Philly takes that deal for #10.
Agreed. The only team besides Denver that would trade for more pick it seems, would be the Lakers, just because they don't have any young talent.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wait, I misread that response. I don't see Philly taking that.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Kind of funny to see MJ having a laugh. Jimmy Kimmel's, "Can Michael Jordan palm it?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRYvHekZJSQ

TOO

Post by TOO »

Melo is looking to join LBJ and the Heat according to Stein and Windhorst. :roll: