First-round (non-Suns) playoff games

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: First-round (non-Suns) playoff games

Post by bajanguy008 »

Fantasy league had me watching player highlights during the season but I wasn't really watching non Suns games this year.
Still so annoyed at how our series being Reffed, I decided to peep at some of the games last night. Lakers are getting BS calls and there's no disputing that but man the League does have a problem.

Every game just features the same behaviours, defenders flailing and flopping trying to get offensive fouls. The guys talented enough on O that they don't have to be throwing up the ball on every bit of contact trying to get two shots. It is natural that when a player starts to dribble there will be some kinda contact as the defender slides so if he's allowed to just bring his arms up into the person's chest.... That's just wild man.
When refs give those calls I really don't see what chance the defender has tbh. Then the jump shooting, yes Jae does the 3pt fall down thing for us (so have to admit it benefit us too) but not too fussy about it and as EJ says nightly it's a lil ridiculous to watch guys selling that every game.

So yea gone are the days of It's the Playoffs, You're not gonna get that call.....
Oh well
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Looking forward to Denver/Portland and Utah/Memphis today. Curious to see if the Blazers and Grizz show up strong on their home courts. Ja Morant and the Grizzlies in general have been a joy to watch. They have such a great young core of players. If Ja figures out his shot, that team is going to be scary.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:09 am
So yea gone are the days of It's the Playoffs, You're not gonna get that call.....
Unless you're the Suns playing the Lakers, then it's like old playoff basketball...on the Suns side of the court. On the other side of the court, if you even breathe on the Lakers, then it's a foul.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I don't usually offer much of an opinion on games I haven't watched but I will play Box Score analyst for a change :oops:

The Bucks made light work of the Heat and I'm seeing Brook Lopez seemed to be a problem whole series and it wasn't just bombing away on 3s. I would assume more points in the paint like in his Nets days.

Portis n Forbes continue to be sneaky bench additions to their roster and last couple seasons it's just been Bucks on the fast break, Giannis or Middleton isos in half court with everything geared to shooters bombing away from 3 as defenses breakdown. Well we all seen that movie where Giannis inability to hit the jumpers and keep going to the spin moves get exposed but Jrue being so solid and another ball handler to take pressure off him probably will be very beneficial to them

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Devastating for the Heat to go from the Finals last year to swept in the first round this year. But the Bucks are improved and are one of a handful of teams that could win the title this year.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This Memphis team, such an absolute joy. I like almost every player in their rotation. They are playing with the kind of heart and hustle that I wish our Suns would show against LA.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:38 pm
This Memphis team, such an absolute joy. I like almost every player in their rotation. They are playing with the kind of heart and hustle that I wish our Suns would show against LA.
Big Grayson Allen fan, eh?
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I like a lot of the Memphis guys, but Grayson Allen and Dillon Brooks are two of the more unlikable guys in the league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ja is awesome to watch. I really like Anderson, who has become a heady veteran who knows how to play to his own strengths. I even enjoy Valanciunas, who seems like a relic from another era but seems so much more at home here than in Toronto.

Brooks is obnoxious but I like that he has an F-U attitude and just goes at Utah. If Mikal Bridges or DeAndre Ayton had that mindset we probably would be ahead in our series.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya Brooks is the kind of guy you like when he’s on your team...at least when he’s playing well. He also has the tendency to go cold and keep firing away.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

The biggest thing about watching that game was that the teams were actually allowed to play. There was still the foul calls on 3pt shots and Brooks fouled out and three of his fouls were that call but for me only one was debatable.
So yes outside of the jump shot calls, guys were actually dribbling and getting bumped, players falling down with what seemed incidental contact so the game was playing on. Ja thought he got fouled a couple times on floaters so what he does, tries to dunk the next one on Gobert to force Refs to make a call (Playoff ball 101)

A game with hardly any flopping n bitching by players and it made for a good watch #mustbenice

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

They often say that the post season should not affect the different Awards as they are for Regular Season but wow Thibs been shown right up so far.
Everyone is pointing to Randle but the smart persons online saying that Thibs hasn't been making any adjustments, yes Randle been pressing but there don't seem to be any plays to run to try get him an easy look and so on. Thibs just keeps sticking with the same stuff

All in All looks like a rough series for everyone on the Knicks not named D. Rose

Split T

Post by Split T »

Atlanta is just better. Knicks played all out in the regular season to get where they are.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well the Clippers seemed to have figured things out and are taking care of Dallas like was expected

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Split T wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:05 am
I like a lot of the Memphis guys, but Grayson Allen and Dillon Brooks are two of the more unlikable guys in the league.
I love them Both! Remind me of the old Knicks. But I like players like Vernon Maxwell, Oakley and McDanell

Split T

Post by Split T »

BAMF wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 8:20 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:05 am
I love them Both! Remind me of the old Knicks. But I like players like Vernon Maxwell, Oakley and McDanell
Haha, Brooks is more tolerable to me...I don’t think he’s dirty, he’s just a little overly aggressive and cocky...Grayson doesn’t seem to be as dirty, but he definitely was coming out of Duke...all that tripping is just not cool. It’s not being tough, it’s just plain dirty.

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Grayson is definitely dirty and is too much for me when he really wants to hurt someone like John Starks. But Brooks I wanted with our team when the trade went astray.

Split T

Post by Split T »

BAMF wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 8:31 pm
Grayson is definitely dirty and is too much for me when he really wants to hurt someone like John Starks. But Brooks I wanted with our team when the trade went astray.
Jazz fans absolutely hate Dillon Brooks right now...it’s pretty funny to me...I guess that means he’s doing his job.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I never thought Dillon Brooks would be this good in the NBA, but he's never been scared of the moment even going back to his days at Oregon.

I promise half of this board would be losing their shit over him during the regular season if he were a Suns player because he's so inefficient and tries to do ridiculously reckless stuff. He's on fire now though, so gotta give him credit for that.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 9:21 pm
I never thought Dillon Brooks would be this good in the NBA, but he's never been scared of the moment even going back to his days at Oregon.

I promise half of this board would be losing their shit over him during the regular season if he were a Suns player because he's so inefficient and tries to do ridiculously reckless stuff. He's on fire now though, so gotta give him credit for that.
Ya he’s definitely an irrational confidence guy