First-round (non-Suns) playoff games

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: First-round (non-Suns) playoff games

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Shabazz wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 10:41 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 4:13 pm
Giannis is Shawn Marion with slightly better handles. A great player. NOT an MVP. Especially not in the playoffs.
This is a terrible take (and comp).
Okay.

But Giannis is not a player you can play through in the playoffs. He’s a complement to Middleton and Holiday and Co. Can’t shoot. Can’t hit FTs. He’s an energy guy basically.

I’ll take Book over him any day.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Trae Young gets some ridiculous calls.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Knicks should have won that one.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I still think the Hawks take that series because at the end of a close game, they have a guy who can get them 2 points or a foul (Trae) and the Knicks don't.

carey

Post by carey »

With the current rules it's very hard to stop a guy like Trae at the end of a game.

Utah could be in real trouble with Memphis.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Utah is having an awful shooting game. Without Donovan, they can’t win if they don’t hit their shots.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

There’s no universe where Mitchell sits out game 2 now. :lol:

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

First Trae Young, then Dillon Brooks. Two guys with terrible haircuts stole the show in their games.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Gobert is such a clown.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow. What a hot team Memphis is coming from the 9th seed to win two play-in games and then take game one against the number 1 seed on their home floor.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 12:36 am
Wow. What a hot team Memphis is coming from the 9th seed to win two play-in games and then take game one against the number 1 seed on their home floor.
It was a great win (though it lost me money in the board's betting game!). I was cheering for them. Utah is so easy to dislike. I didn't realize that Donovan Mitchell would be out for this game, else I probably would not have placed that fake bet.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Man.....
What is that Gallo really rockin'

He looks absolutely ridiculous :lol:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I think JeremyG mentioned Vogel and no mask. I'm not too concerned about the coaches because they've had certain protocols to deal with for a while.

My observation so far that left me scratching my head is how the fans are grouped together. Again Indy's feedback on his experience will be interesting but even more puzzling to me is....
Does anyone else think fans back are cool yes but maybe the courtside seats are unnecessary ??

The assistant coaches, support staff like ball boys and so on, scorers table all masked up and socially distanced but on the opposite side of the court the fans sitting side by side....
And I saw ppl in their excitement lowering their mask to chant or cheer and they are literally right by the court so not sure about that one tbh. Then the players are obviously feeding off the fans and behaving normal, I saw Alec Burks hit a big shot and then high five couple courtside fans running back up the court soooo

Fingers crossed that things don't backfire

Split T

Post by Split T »

They announced fully vaccinated coaches don’t have to wear masks.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Split T wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:34 am
They announced fully vaccinated coaches don’t have to wear masks.
Right so that's y I said I'm not concerned about him, more so the fans courtside

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:50 am
I think JeremyG mentioned Vogel and no mask. I'm not too concerned about the coaches because they've had certain protocols to deal with for a while.

My observation so far that left me scratching my head is how the fans are grouped together. Again Indy's feedback on his experience will be interesting but even more puzzling to me is....
Does anyone else think fans back are cool yes but maybe the courtside seats are unnecessary ??

The assistant coaches, support staff like ball boys and so on, scorers table all masked up and socially distanced but on the opposite side of the court the fans sitting side by side....
And I saw ppl in their excitement lowering their mask to chant or cheer and they are literally right by the court so not sure about that one tbh. Then the players are obviously feeding off the fans and behaving normal, I saw Alec Burks hit a big shot and then high five couple courtside fans running back up the court soooo

Fingers crossed that things don't backfire
Yeah they basically seem to have given up on the COVID restrictions. I'm sure they are still telling people to wear masks and distance themselves, but it isn't really happening. I hope there aren't any outbreaks.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Bobster wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:26 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 10:41 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 4:13 pm
Giannis is Shawn Marion with slightly better handles. A great player. NOT an MVP. Especially not in the playoffs.
This is a terrible take (and comp).
It would be apt comparison if Marion had been bigger and a better scorer, passer, rebounder and defender.
I can count the times the Suns gave the ball to Marion and told him to go one on one and score one one hand. I don’t think the Suns ever drew up an offensive play for Marion. His few attempts to go one on one as a scorer almost always ended up in failure. That wasn’t part of his game. His offensive game was open threes, put backs, fast break transition baskets or back door plays.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Finally got to the Grizz highlights
Brooks had 31 ?!?!? Yikes......

And as expected that dude was letting everyone know about it, seems like the whole Grizz team were feisty and chirping all game. Interesting development there