First-round (non-Suns) playoff games

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: First-round (non-Suns) playoff games

Post by carey »

How do you reinforce a ban? If someone else buys him a ticket. They don't check IDs at the gate. Do you have to just hope someone recognizes him?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:38 am
I guess Cap has the point, it's just how some people are wired.

I just wonder what Westbrook would have done. Is he gonna try to fight the guy? And if so, really? Over popcorn?

Regardless, whoever did it should be banned for life.
If he didn't behave that way, the dude wouldn't have had his season tickets revoked, and would be sitting there at the next game. Russ was surrounded by guys to stop them, but come on, none of those guys could really stop him if he wanted to get into the stands.

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 7:18 am
How do you reinforce a ban? If someone else buys him a ticket. They don't check IDs at the gate. Do you have to just hope someone recognizes him?
I am assuming there isn't more than a couple photos for each arena on banned fans.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

If it's a season ticket holder, you cancel their season ticket - even if it's not the season ticket holder in the seat.

Also, if you're Westbrook it's a huge overreaction. It's fucking popcorn.

The other fans pointed the guy out, so he got kicked out and probably banned. What else they want done?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Cap

Post by Cap »

The Bobster wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:31 am
If it's a season ticket holder, you cancel their season ticket - even if it's not the season ticket holder in the seat.
Let me get this straight. If you sell your ticket on Ticketmaster, and the person who buys it dumps popcorn on a player, you can be held responsible?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Cap wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:40 am
The Bobster wrote:
Let me get this straight. If you sell your ticket on Ticketmaster, and the person who buys it dumps popcorn on a player, you can be held responsible?
Yep.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:47 am
Cap wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Yep.
I am not sure the T&Cs for ticketmaster's resale business support that.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Indy wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:54 am
The Bobster wrote:
Cap wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Yep.
I'm sure they don't, but if it's an avenue for fans who can't control themselves to get into games, then it certainly needs to be looked at carefully.

Cap

Post by Cap »

The Bobster wrote:
Cap wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Yep.
That doesn’t seem fair.
Indy wrote:
I don’t understand. What do Ticketmater’s terms have to do with whether the Sixers can revoke your season tickets?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:02 am
The Bobster wrote:
Cap wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Yep.
That doesn’t seem fair.
Indy wrote:
I don’t understand. What do Ticketmater’s terms have to do with whether the Sixers can revoke your season tickets?
There are legal statements on the back of every ticket (I guess just digitally now) that explain the expectations of fan behavior and the recourse for violating that. I assume any team can revoke any seat for basically any non-protected reason. But I doubt anything in the NBA's agreement with Ticketmaster does it say that any crimes/behavior of the person purchasing a ticket are bestowed upon the person/entity selling that ticket.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Indy wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:09 am
Cap wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Cap wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Yep.
That doesn’t seem fair.
Indy wrote:
There are legal statements on the back of every ticket (I guess just digitally now) that explain the expectations of fan behavior and the recourse for violating that. I assume any team can revoke any seat for basically any non-protected reason. But I doubt anything in the NBA's agreement with Ticketmaster does it say that any crimes/behavior of the person purchasing a ticket are bestowed upon the person/entity selling that ticket.
That would more likely have to be covered in the agreement with the original season ticket holder.

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:16 am
Indy wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:09 am
Cap wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Cap wrote:

Yep.
That doesn’t seem fair.
Indy wrote:
That would more likely have to be covered in the agreement with the original season ticket holder.
maybe. but they actively encourage and promote using the Ticketmaster Ticket Exchange program, and literally build it into your account with the Suns. I don't know if other teams have a similar agreement with Ticketmaster, but I assume it is an NBA agreement, not just team by team.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I just checked my agreement and the ticketmaster one. They both indicate that it has to be *your* conduct ("any person whose conduct management deems disorderly") and, at least in the language I have, does not transfer to someone else in that party, or previous owners of the tickets. They list examples (profanity, abusive, not following rules, etc.).

carey

Post by carey »

The Bobster wrote:

Also, if you're Westbrook it's a huge overreaction. It's fucking popcorn.

The other fans pointed the guy out, so he got kicked out and probably banned. What else they want done?
The article I read said that the fan ran away before he could be kicked out.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I would imagine there's enough CCTV and tracking data to find the person responsible whether or not they left the arena and evaded capture.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

carey

Post by carey »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:27 pm
I would imagine there's enough CCTV and tracking data to find the person responsible whether or not they left the arena and evaded capture.
Oh, I'm certain. Just saying that they didn't catch him that night.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 5:58 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
He’s been IDed. He’s a season ticket holder — well, not any more — and has been banned for life from all events at the venue.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Not from tonight but...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

At least the Lakers announcers were right on top of it and were calling for a flagrant two on LeBron.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:01 pm
carey wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 5:58 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
He’s been IDed. He’s a season ticket holder — well, not any more — and has been banned for life from all events at the venue.
I think they said "indefinitely" not "permanently." So he could be back next game for all we know. But they will probably just wait until the start of next season to take his money again.