Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Post by JeremyG »

pickle wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:19 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:13 pm
pickle wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:05 pm
What I want to know is, what the hell was that tech on Crowder early in the first?
That was just Scott Foster being a jackass. He literally came from the the other side of the play and immediately pointed to Crowder and whoever on the Clippers.

Yeah. They do L2M reports but I guess the league should also review all technicals, no? Crowder didn’t do anything. He got shoved by Morris and reacted by staring at him for no more than half a second before that tech was assessed. Shouldn’t they look at that and rescind it? It is 2000 dollar fine or something, no?
It's actually a much bigger deal than that. If Jae Crowder gets more than one additional technical in the playoffs, he will be suspended for one game automatically.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:03 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:18 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:20 am
So just to clarify again
I'm from Barbados - the formal term is I'm a Barbadian
The slang is I'm a Bajan ☺️🙂
My fault. You know us stupid Americans can barely find Canada on a map.
Lol :D :lol:
You always with the jokes bro. We have educated folks and quite a diverse group on the forum 8-)

But yes, I've had my share of that over the years especially when I was younger and used to go to NY to work out.

"I'm from Barbados"
Oh where's that yo
"In the Caribbean"
Huh ? Never heard of that. Oh is that like in Jamaica
"No Barbados is it's own island man"

I can laugh now but that used to really get to me :? :roll:
Ayton being from the Bahamas was part of the reason I mixed it up. I just compared you to Deandre Ayton, so there ya go.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Caribbean is so cool unless there’s a hurricane on the way. I was a pretty active scuba diver in the past and the Caribbean was one of my favorite places dive because of the pristine warm waters and coral reefs.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Suns in 4 toy action figure sells on eBay for $7,000
https://arizonasports.com/story/2702663 ... -for-7000/
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:00 pm
Suns in 4 toy action figure sells on eBay for $7,000
https://arizonasports.com/story/2702663 ... -for-7000/
Wow, it comes with a graphics card?

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I feel like 13 of us need to get together and buy this for the most epic Suns fan pickup game ever:

https://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/ ... =342382580

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

There must be so many of these Cam stories smh
Respect

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Is Nader our secret weapon?! Maybe he could at least hard shot Beverly a few times.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Oh wow, here comes Nader

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

As good as our wings are and have been, Nader played with a chippiness the others don't. He's physical and gritty, maybe borderline dirty, and right up the Clips alley. I doubt he gets any time tho, but we could use some of that edge.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hopefully he plays the last 5 minutes of game 4 because we’re up 25

Indy

Post by Indy »

If Craig is our hard-playing-and-scrappy-player-at-the-4-that-often-times-tries-to-do-too-much, Nader is our hard-playing-and-scrappy-player-at-the-3-that-often-times-tries-to-do-too-much.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think Nader could actually help us a lot. He drives hard to the basket and generates offense. We don't have a lot of bench guys outside of Cam Payne who do that.

I also think it'd be good to try Jevon Carter as the backup PG in Game 4. Moore has struggled against the Clippers for whatever reason. In general I liked Moore better during the regular season, but Carter's high effort level and good defense might be what we need. He is also a good 3-point shooter. And you know he'll be ready for the call.

I think in general we're relying too much on our guards, when in this series the guard play isn't much of an advantage for us. Yes, our guards are much better overall players than theirs, but they have bulldog guards like Beverley and Mann who are effective at making things difficult for Book and CP3. I think the guards should be doing more drive-and-kick play and letting our forwards and center score more. I want to see more FGA from Bridges, Crowder, Cam Johnson, Ayton, and so on.

Indy

Post by Indy »

All of that talk above about playing too slow... JVG was talking about that a lot in the 2nd half. And I think that is almost all on Paul (and because we didn't have Payne). Not sure what to do about that. But letting the Clippers get completely set in their defense before Paul picks up the ball at half-court isn't a smart plan. It will work against poor defenses and when you are hitting your mid-rangers against drop coverage. But that is not the Clippers. They have a great defense, and letting them rest for 10 seconds and get set where they want to before even starting your offense is a bad strategy.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I agree, we need to push the pace and I think Paul even said that himself.

As for Nader, I could actually see a use for him if Payne can’t go. Mori hit on it, he’s our best bench player, besides Payne, at putting pressure on the rim. He gets downhill and is pretty athletic. Problem is I’m not sure he’s at a point where playing him makes sense. He’s surely going to be rusty and we don’t have the time to bring him a long. Hopefully we get a couple blow outs and he can get some minutes in case we need him in the finals.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Paul George has been called for two fouls through three games. Devin Booker was called for two offensive fouls in the first quarter of game two.

I don't want to place blame on the officials, but the series is not being called evenly so far.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:39 pm
Paul George has been called for two fouls through three games. Devin Booker was called for two offensive fouls in the first quarter of game two.

I don't want to place blame on the officials, but the series is not being called evenly so far.
PG and Kawhi and Ballmer and LA are much bigger names than Book, CP3, Sarver and Phoenix. They aren't going to get the benefit of calls consistently. It sucks, but it is what it is. We have to overcome that if we want to win. It was great when we were playing Denver, and if we make it to the Finals it should be pretty even between the Bucks/PHX or ATL/PHX.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

George Paul’s push offs are getting old and more and more blatant since nobody will call him on it. A lot of players kind of push off with one hand as they are driving to the hoop to get space and sometimes get called for it. George P shoves them backwards the opposite direction hard before starting any drive and never gets called for it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:30 pm
All of that talk above about playing too slow... JVG was talking about that a lot in the 2nd half. And I think that is almost all on Paul (and because we didn't have Payne). Not sure what to do about that. But letting the Clippers get completely set in their defense before Paul picks up the ball at half-court isn't a smart plan. It will work against poor defenses and when you are hitting your mid-rangers against drop coverage. But that is not the Clippers. They have a great defense, and letting them rest for 10 seconds and get set where they want to before even starting your offense is a bad strategy.
The good thing is that Paul already recognized that and promises to do better.
"Be Legendary."