Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:49 am
bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:20 am
I know some of you guys were asking me why the Username and if it had to do with Baja (Mexico/Cali) then most I think remember I said I'm from Caribbean so believe it's Bahamas :oops:

So just to clarify again
I'm from Barbados - the formal term is I'm a Barbadian
The slang is I'm a Bajan ☺️🙂

BigLewy told me he would have vacationed here before and that made me feel good. So yea...

Home ❤️✌️👍
I'm going to come and meet you there one of these days, BG!
Haaa
Cool bro 8-)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Bruiser posted this. Posting it here too:

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

And here's the link if you want to sign:

https://www.change.org/p/nba-remove-sco ... om-the-nba
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Barring an unforeseen setback, Phoenix Suns star Chris Paul plans to make his return to postseason action for Game 3 on Thursday of the Western Conference Finals against the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Paul underwent a cardio exam Wednesday morning and passed, which is the final step to clearing the league’s health and safety protocols, sources said. Paul has been in the protocols since June 16.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

YES!
"Be Legendary."

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Chris Paul has passed his cardio test, and will play in game three barring unforeseen circumstances.

Holy ****, I'm not sure what to expect out of Paul after he's had 10+ days to get healed up and study the Clippers. Having an All NBA guy added into a series where players are tired and beat up, and he's fresh?

Hoping he's able to put on a clinic in LA.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-chris- ... 51429.html

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wormwood wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:59 pm
Chris Paul has passed his cardio test, and will play in game three barring unforeseen circumstances.

Holy ****, I'm not sure what to expect out of Paul after he's had 10+ days to get healed up and study the Clippers. Having an All NBA guy added into a series where players are tired and beat up, and he's fresh?

We're DOOMED. DOOMED, I say! A rusty Paul is going to ruin this for us, am I right?
"Be Legendary."

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:03 pm
Wormwood wrote:

We're DOOMED. DOOMED, I say! A rusty Paul is going to ruin this for us, am I right?
He could be rusty. It's a valid possibility, but not a likely one.

I think something similar to Booker's game 1 is more likely: bunch of tired, bruised, guys trying to deal with a flavor of Suns they haven't seen in the playoffs yet, and guy who knows the PG position better than anyone running the show.

I think we're going to see a lot more open threes with Paul back in the line up, and we'll need to hit them to win in LA. We also won't suffer through any more E'Tuan Moore on the court. The second unit having a better rested Cam Payne will benefit immesely both from Payne, and addition through subtraction.

FWIW: I want Craig back on a cap friendly deal. Dude is ideal back-up at 3-4. Payne, Cam Johnson, Craig, and Saric are a fantastic second unit.

Honestly, if we make it past the clips without significant injury, I think we're clearly the favorites to win the title.

Big if, though: Clips should have one game 2, and they've come back twice from 0-2 deficits in the playoffs this year. But... you also can't beat the odds forever. Coming back from being down 0-2 only happens about 10% of the time, and only 6% when it's the home team that wins the first two.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think this is over in 5 if Kawhi doesn’t return

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wormwood wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:17 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wormwood wrote:

I think something similar to Booker's game 1 is more likely: bunch of tired, bruised, guys trying to deal with a flavor of Suns they haven't seen in the playoffs yet, and guy who knows the PG position better than anyone running the show.

I think we're going to see a lot more open threes with Paul back in the line up, and we'll need to hit them to win in LA. We also won't suffer through any more E'Tuan Moore on the court. The second unit having a better rested Cam Payne will benefit immesely both from Payne, and addition through subtraction.

FWIW: I want Craig back on a cap friendly deal. Dude is ideal back-up at 3-4. Payne, Cam Johnson, Craig, and Saric are a fantastic second unit.

Honestly, if we make it past the clips without significant injury, I think we're clearly the favorites to win the title.

Big if, though: Clips should have one game 2, and they've come back twice from 0-2 deficits in the playoffs this year. But... you also can't beat the odds forever. Coming back from being down 0-2 only happens about 10% of the time, and only 6% when it's the home team that wins the first two.
I guess that's one way to coax some positivity out of you. Would you care to respond about your assessment that the Suns wouldn't win a game without Paul?
"Be Legendary."

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

My contention was there was no way we'd win the series without Paul.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:47 am
bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:10 am
Nodack wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:54 pm
Yeah. I thought everyone knew Cunningham is a native Bahamian surname.
One of the first things you learn in school. Lol

That’s cool he writes for them though. Congrats! Don’t mess up!

A million years back I somehow was asked to do some weekly website thing on the Suns for some no name place. I did a couple of articles and then I think I asked slelc if he wanted to take it over and I think he said no thanks if I remember correctly.
I was mainly going straight to the Game Day thread y'day, totally missed this :)
FF had me cracking up with his post and then seeing some of you guys think it's possible I could be a contributor on nba.com. I appreciate it lol :lol:
Yeah, it was pretty funny. 3rdSide and 'Dack were totally hooked.
I am too gullible. I remember awhile back they were talking about how Chihuahuas were evolved rats or something like that and I bit hook line and sinker.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:20 pm
Bite your tongue! It's over in 4. I have other plans for Monday.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Wormwood wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:17 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wormwood wrote:

Wormie just called doom...I see a trend coming! Keep it coming Worm...time to bet big on the Suns!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:29 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:20 pm
Bite your tongue! It's over in 4. I have other plans for Monday.
I should say, 5 at the latest.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Suns in 4. This series is over.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Superbone wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:10 am
Nodack wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:54 pm
Yeah. I thought everyone knew Cunningham is a native Bahamian surname.
One of the first things you learn in school. Lol

That’s cool he writes for them though. Congrats! Don’t mess up!

A million years back I somehow was asked to do some weekly website thing on the Suns for some no name place. I did a couple of articles and then I think I asked slelc if he wanted to take it over and I think he said no thanks if I remember correctly.
I was mainly going straight to the Game Day thread y'day, totally missed this :)
FF had me cracking up with his post and then seeing some of you guys think it's possible I could be a contributor on nba.com. I appreciate it lol :lol:
Yeah, it was pretty funny. 3rdSide and 'Dack were totally hooked.
I suspected bullshit when FF said
Cunningham was a Barbadian name, hence my limited response ;)

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

iLLmatic wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:00 pm
Suns in 4. This series is over.
My son-in-law(a Jazz fan from Utah) said Suns in 4 after the game last night. I told him no Suns in 3 - make the Clippers quit like the Lakers did.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:20 am
So just to clarify again
I'm from Barbados - the formal term is I'm a Barbadian
The slang is I'm a Bajan ☺️🙂
My fault. You know us stupid Americans can barely find Canada on a map.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.