Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Post by Nodack »

Proud of Booker going to the Olympics. I wouldn’t turn that opportunity down. “I won a gold medal in the Olympics”. What athlete is going to turn down that opportunity. He goes right from the finals to the Olympics? Some of these athletes train very hard for many years just for the chance to go to the Olympics.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

GO JAZZ...push that hoofer to Game 7 and get us time to get Paul back!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Well, Game One of the Western Conference Finals this Sunday.

LET'S GO SUNS!!!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Gone fishing…

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Phoenix Suns have the BEST record of any teams remaining in the playoffs. We've got home court advantage the rest of the way!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

My avatar has been waiting for this moment. LET'S GO!

Who's going to step up and made the WCF Game One thread? Marty? Bobster?
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I hope the Suns don’t take this Clippers team lightly, even without Kawhi, they’re dangerous.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:09 pm
I hope the Suns don’t take this Clippers team lightly, even without Kawhi, they’re dangerous.
I don't think CP3, Book or Monty will let them.

Indy

Post by Indy »

So I have to be on a flight during the game on Sunday. :(

If anyone is interested I have two tickets on the aisle in 117 about half way up. The Suns site/ticket exchange is telling me to list them for 892 each, but I'd be willing to sell them cheaper to anyone here that is interested since I know they are going to a Suns fan. You can PM me if interested. For transparency sake, the face value was 850 for the two seats together. If I sell them directly, you can avoid the ticketmaster fees which are insane.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ugh, I was hoping for a Tuesday game..I have to work during game 1

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

It's ridiculous that TV (ABC) runs everything. The Clippers literally have 39 hours to prepare for a new series.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:44 pm
It's ridiculous that TV (ABC) runs everything. The Clippers literally have 39 hours to prepare for a new series.
At least that's good for our team. However, less time for Paul isn't. Next man up!
"Be Legendary."

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Well, he's not ruled out yet, right?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Clippers got molten hot in the second half. They aren’t always molten hot. Why were they down 20+ at half time if they are so good? How many times have we seen a team go up big in the first half and then come out flat while the other team comes out extra motivated and get’s their momentum going and can’t be stopped? I say bring them on.

The Clippers don’t really play a center. Gobert was lost in the second half defensively and he’s supposedly the best defender in the NBA. Now Ayton is going to be guarding forwards and is easily confused. Do we match up with them or do we make them match up with us?

Split T

Post by Split T »

We’re not as reliant on Ayton covering everyone’s mistakes like Utah is with Rudy. Our perimeter defenders can actually keep a ball handler in front of them. We also can switch the screens, whereas utah couldn’t.

We also do have the ability to match them with Craig at the 5. Honestly I’m not sure Saric plays this series. I think Craig will be the backup 5.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:17 pm
We’re not as reliant on Ayton covering everyone’s mistakes like Utah is with Rudy. Our perimeter defenders can actually keep a ball handler in front of them. We also can switch the screens, whereas utah couldn’t.

We also do have the ability to match them with Craig at the 5. Honestly I’m not sure Saric plays this series. I think Craig will be the backup 5.
I was thinking the same thing. We are deep and can match them if we have to. Craig would be perfect choice. I would like to try Ayton and see if we can’t punish them for not having a Center. Then again trying to force feed Ayton on offense can be asking for lots of turnovers. He does catch and finish on lobs very well in the pick and roll and maybe focus on that aspect. He should dominate the boards, which is a plus.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I told my wife Booker made the Olympic team. I thought she would like it. She didn’t. She was a Gymnast on the National team for five years and doesn’t think professionals should be allowed in the Olympics. We had a debate and I decided to let it go.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Suns have historically been Clippers killers in past postseasons. I see no reason to stop now.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:I told my wife Booker made the Olympic team. I thought she would like it. She didn’t. She was a Gymnast on the National team for five years and doesn’t think professionals should be allowed in the Olympics. We had a debate and I decided to let it go.
Smart man.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:47 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:17 pm

I was thinking the same thing. We are deep and can match them if we have to. Craig would be perfect choice. I would like to try Ayton and see if we can’t punish them for not having a Center. Then again trying to force feed Ayton on offense can be asking for lots of turnovers. He does catch and finish on lobs very well in the pick and roll and maybe focus on that aspect. He should dominate the boards, which is a plus.
I think on the glass is where Ayton needs to make them pay. I’m fine giving the ball to him in the post if he has position, but just force feeding him because he has a size advantage isn’t a good idea. I’ve seen small guys keep him from getting to his spots too easily in the past. He doesn’t face up and if he’s not already in position, he struggles to get there with the ball in his hands.

He punked LeBron in the post a few times, but that was because he established great position before the ball got there. He should be able to do similar things to Morris and Batum. Just don’t give it to him 15 feet out because Terrance Mann is switched onto him, I don’t trust him to be able to get close enough in that scenario. Though I’m willing to let him try a few times, because the clippers are toast if he can.