Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:29 am
LazarusLong wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:27 am
Wondering if he got both shots ...
Come on. Stop it. If he got one, he got them both. Or J&J. We've got enough to worry about as is, Laz. :P
Gambo said it was Pfizer. But I haven’t seen anyone specifically say he got 2 doses or that he’s “fully vaccinated.”
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

FLEX says there's some flexibility in the start of the WCF (Tuesday vs Sunsday) but all sides would have to agree.

Saucy says who the F is FLEX and what does he know?!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:34 am
Superbone wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:
Come on. Stop it. If he got one, he got them both. Or J&J. We've got enough to worry about as is, Laz. :P
Gambo said it was Pfizer. But I haven’t seen anyone specifically say he got 2 doses or that he’s “fully vaccinated.”
How many people do you know who got the first shot but not the second (after the required time in between)? Me? 0.

(Had to add that qualifier before Cap or Indy chimed in on the technicality.)
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The podcast is talking about how Jordan had the flu game and maybe Paul will have the Covid game. :P

FLEX on Paul's future, he ain't going nowhere. He loves it here.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:36 am
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:
How many people do you know who got the first shot but not the second (after the required time in between)? Me? 0.

Both of my parents, since they both had allergic reactions to the Pfizer shot, which according to the CDC means they’re not supposed to get a second shot.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:45 am
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:

Both of my parents, since they both had allergic reactions to the Pfizer shot, which according to the CDC means they’re not supposed to get a second shot.
I got one week of torticollis after getting Pfizer. Even so, I can't wait for the second shot.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:46 am
Have him sit in the middle of the (very small) LA fan section. :lol:
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AKA Steve Bash.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:

doesn't sound like either one of us at all.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:

They never had allergic reactions to any other vaccine, but had one to the pfizer?

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:
As far as I know, if they got it at an AZ run site in the Phoenix area, they were all using pfizer. I know UofA used Moderna at their sites. I don't think anyone in February in Phoenix was using J&J.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:59 am
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:

They never had allergic reactions to any other vaccine, but had one to the pfizer?
That is correct.

Indy

Post by Indy »

that's really interesting. I haven't heard of that (but admittedly haven't researched it either).

First thing I read said only 11 people out of a million have an allergic reaction, and only 2 per million showed allergic signs without having shown them before.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:27 am
that's really interesting. I haven't heard of that (but admittedly haven't researched it either).

First thing I read said only 11 people out of a million have an allergic reaction, and only 2 per million showed allergic signs without having shown them before.
And then to have a husband and wife with the same reaction? The odds have to be in the billions.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I had a coworker develop a rash from the Pfizer vaccine. I honestly don’t know if she ended up getting the 2nd dose or not. I want to say she did, she was very pro-vaccine, but they may have advised her not to.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:37 am
Indy wrote:

And then to have a husband and wife with the same reaction? The odds have to be in the billions.
these were severe reactions, so maybe even minor rashes are advised not to take the 2nd.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

Those stats are for anaphylaxis I believe. Their symptoms were not as severe as that and started several hours later, including hives, swollen lips, and throat swelling up. From what I saw on Twitter, it seems a lot more people are having reactions than is being reported. I still haven't gotten my parents to report their reactions to the VAERS system.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:43 am
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

these were severe reactions, so maybe even minor rashes are advised not to take the 2nd.
Yeah, the CDC says:
If You Have a Non-severe Allergic Reaction to a COVID-19 Vaccine
If you had an immediate allergic reaction after getting a shot of a COVID-19 vaccine, you should not get a second shot of that vaccine, even if your allergic reaction was not severe enough to require emergency care. If the reaction was after an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (either Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), you should not get a second shot of either of these vaccines. An immediate allergic reaction happens within 4 hours of getting vaccinated and may include symptoms such as hives, swelling, and wheezing (respiratory distress).

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ction.html
But I know there are people who have gone ahead with the second shot anyway.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:44 am
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

Those stats are for anaphylaxis I believe. Their symptoms were not as severe as that and started several hours later, including hives, swollen lips, and throat swelling up. From what I saw on Twitter, it seems a lot more people are having reactions than is being reported. I still haven't gotten my parents to report their reactions to the VAERS system.
Hives, swollen lips, and swollen throat is literally the definition of anaphylaxis. I am glad they didn't require medical attention.