Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Furlanfufi

Re: Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Post by Furlanfufi »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That was an awesome interview! Thanks, man!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hey you .netters! I have been a little tardy around here lately because had open heart surgery to replace my Tricuspid valve. The surgery was Friday morning and they had me back in my room in plenty of time to see the Suns game but, I couldn’t keep my eyes open because I was in la la land. I decided I would just wait until I got home and watch the games on DVR. The fourth game happened and I was in good enough shape in the hospital enough to watch but, decided to wait till I get home and get the whole effect. Then yesterday my wife’s best friend calls to offer support and blurts out that the Suns swept right after me telling her not to tell me anything. At that point decided to go to Youtube and watch the highlights.

The highlights aren’t as good as the full game but, filled in nicely. Both games looked the same. The Suns went up early and never lost the lead. The Nuggets got close a few times and then the Suns would go back up by ten or so.

The Suns are rolling. CP3 has obviously recovered from the shoulder thing because he was on fire. I have been reading some posts about people worried CP3 is taking too many mid range shots. It seems to me the entire league is based on 3 point shots or driving to the hoop. I believe CP3 and Booker are 1 & 2 in the league in midrange shots. I personally believe that messes with other teams defenses a lot and adds a whole dimension they can’t deal with. I say stick with what is working because it’s clearly working.

Just watched the Nets, Bucks game 5. Both of those teams seem so one dimensional. Give it to Durant or Gyannis and get out of the way.

Been watching the videos of the Suns returning to the Valley and getting a hero’s welcome and that almost brought a tear to my eye. Us Suns fans have been starved for success for so long. If they get swept in the next round it will be a little bit of a bummer but, how can you not be excited at the Suns returning from the ashes and going well beyond anyone’s expectations at the start of the year?

I have been in the ICU for four and a half days. I had a little infection they were concerned with and the two chambers of my heart were not getting together and deciding on one rhythm. Antibiotics took care of the infection and today they stuck in a pacemaker and I am out of the ICU and in a regular room. Hopefully I get out of prison tomorrow, which means I will be able to watch the next round from the comfort of my own crib.

Go SUNS!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Get well soon, Nodack.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Dude! I’m so glad you’re on the mend. I hope you get out tomorrow. Keep us posted.
Nodack wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:53 pm
Then yesterday my wife’s best friend calls to offer support and blurts out that the Suns swept right after me telling her not to tell me anything.
WTF!

It was fantastic. I hope you still go back and watch the games. You have plenty of time until we play again. Sunday at the very earliest. Probably later. Our fans were audible in the Denver arena and filled a small section. One Suns fan got in a fight with a Nuggets fan at the end of game 3. And I’m sure you saw Jokic get ejected in Game 4 when losing his temper and almost taking Payne’s nose off. The Suns got a hero’s welcome when they returned to the Valley. So far, this has been the season we have been dreaming about. We are in the Western Conference Finals, baby!
"Be Legendary."

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Get well soon Nodack!
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Get well soon!

And watch those full games. It's well worth the time.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:53 pm
Hey you .netters! I have been a little tardy around here lately because had open heart surgery to replace my Tricuspid valve. The surgery was Friday morning and they had me back in my room in plenty of time to see the Suns game but, I couldn’t keep my eyes open because I was in la la land. I decided I would just wait until I got home and watch the games on DVR. The fourth game happened and I was in good enough shape in the hospital enough to watch but, decided to wait till I get home and get the whole effect. Then yesterday my wife’s best friend calls to offer support and blurts out that the Suns swept right after me telling her not to tell me anything. At that point decided to go to Youtube and watch the highlights.

The highlights aren’t as good as the full game but, filled in nicely. Both games looked the same. The Suns went up early and never lost the lead. The Nuggets got close a few times and then the Suns would go back up by ten or so.

The Suns are rolling. CP3 has obviously recovered from the shoulder thing because he was on fire. I have been reading some posts about people worried CP3 is taking too many mid range shots. It seems to me the entire league is based on 3 point shots or driving to the hoop. I believe CP3 and Booker are 1 & 2 in the league in midrange shots. I personally believe that messes with other teams defenses a lot and adds a whole dimension they can’t deal with. I say stick with what is working because it’s clearly working.

Just watched the Nets, Bucks game 5. Both of those teams seem so one dimensional. Give it to Durant or Gyannis and get out of the way.

Been watching the videos of the Suns returning to the Valley and getting a hero’s welcome and that almost brought a tear to my eye. Us Suns fans have been starved for success for so long. If they get swept in the next round it will be a little bit of a bummer but, how can you not be excited at the Suns returning from the ashes and going well beyond anyone’s expectations at the start of the year?

I have been in the ICU for four and a half days. I had a little infection they were concerned with and the two chambers of my heart were not getting together and deciding on one rhythm. Antibiotics took care of the infection and today they stuck in a pacemaker and I am out of the ICU and in a regular room. Hopefully I get out of prison tomorrow, which means I will be able to watch the next round from the comfort of my own crib.

Go SUNS!
Open heart surgery? Glad you are doing better! And we simply have to have you with us for the remainder of this run, it has been magical.

Let me know if you want me to fly in and beat up the friend who told you about the sweep lol.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Indy -- how is your daughter doing?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Hope you're doing well 'dack. At least there's a break in games now to keep the stress down!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I was actually thinking about this and how we'd find out sooner rather than later.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wait, what? Indefinite better be less than 5 days

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It just never ends.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

My stress has been gradually going down ever day as they gradually took out the chest tubes, catheters and wires over time. Having a pee catheter taken out was so much fun! Yank...ouch! Then it takes a little while to get the plumbing going again. I am down to just an oxygen level monitor on my finger. If I try to get out of bed, the bed tattles on me and the nurses come running.

Thanks for the well wishes! Thanks for the offer Virtual9mm. I am on the mend and going home today to get strong enough to beat up my wife’s friend for ruining two games for me. Just kidding.

How is your daughter doing Indy?

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Sigh
I am wondering if this is precautionary from the League

The Euphoria definitely got the better of the team the other night. I don't think there are players from any other teams who would have been in such a situation, just the other day everyone was upset with LeBron going to the celeb party
Our guys were just mixing up with regular fans so I don't know what to think. I was just hoping the team's and city excitement didn't backfire

Fingers crossed that this isn't an awful twist :? :?
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I hope he’s okay and I hope vaccinated.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

If he isn't vaccinated I'll be pissed off and mad as hell

Nodack, get well soon!